The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

^^Yeah, I wish Bale would have consulted Kevin Conroy about how he does his particular Batman voice. It's probably the best around.

Regarding the last Superman film, I don't think you can really call it a reboot. If anything, it was way too beholden to the original 80's Superman films.

On that note, that's what I appreciated about the latest Superman movie as there was nothing to be changed from the 80's films; they're great in their own right, but refreshing it as they did with the latest movie to make it relevant and appeal to a younger audience was a good move, IMO...

On that note, that's what I appreciated about the latest Superman movie as there was nothing to be changed from the 80's films; they're great in their own right, but refreshing it as they did with the latest movie to make it relevant and appeal to a younger audience was a good move, IMO...

Sarcasm?

It would be perfect if WB got John Carpenter to direct it, as Arkham City's atmosphere is right up his alley.

Problem with the Batman games are the big stupid monsters + Joker turning into one. Remove that aspect, and yeah.

Sarcasm?

Mmmm...no, not at all. I'm a fan of the original Superman movies, and I look at the latest one as an attempt to emulate the original one but in a way that appeals to audiences today. I also believe that Brandon Routh, Roush, Roof, whatever his hame is, performed adequately enough as the man of steel, although I didn't find him as emotionally convincing as Reeves. I realize I'm one of the few that supports the last Super-movie but it is, what it is...

I had no beef with how Brandon Routh portrayed Supes. it wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst portrayal either.

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor, however, seemed heavily out-dated. After seeing the DC animated universe's take on Lex (still a genius, but now a calm, controlled, calculating businessman), I got bored with the movies' one-dimensional version of Lex.

And let's not talk about the Kate Bosworth's Lois Lane. . . . . .yeesh!

But yeah, let's see what happens with Bats. The Nolans have a pretty good track record. So hopefully, they can deliver again.

I had no beef with how Brandon Routh portrayed Supes. it wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst portrayal either.

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor, however, seemed heavily out-dated. After seeing the DC animated universe's take on Lex (still a genius, but now a calm, controlled, calculating businessman), I got bored with the movies' one-dimensional version of Lex.

But yeah, let's see what happens with Bats. The Nolans have a pretty good track record. So hopefully, they can deliver again.

Completely agree with your appraisal of Roush, Routh, Rome, whatever his hame is. I actually like the genius-megalomaniac portrayal of Lex Luthor so

I have no issue with Spacey's performance. What fault did you find with Bosworth as Lane? I typically don't give females or the characters they play much regard so I never thought about Bosworth/Lane much. I did note that they tried to make her a self-reliant, career-minded woman to relate to women today, but I didn't think much of the character beyond that level...

So true!

If the villian fails in any hero story, then the whole film fails. These days it feel producers are purposely making villains lamer just to pump out more of the hero's brand.

Of course Lex Luthor is a totally lame villian.

The Man of Steel vs a Bald Guy.

That's like Mega-Satan vs a blind kitten.

Bald guys are evil

I had no problem with Spacey's performance, but I thought "crazy land-mogul Lex" was a tired and done concept. Hackman's Lex evolved when the character was kinda in limbo between the hackneyed mad scientist and the eventual evil corporate magnate who could never be indictably linked to his crimes. Continuing it into Superman Returns was poorly done and his "master plan" was ridiculous. Genius Lex Luthor didn't think a Blackhawk full of marines could wipe out his half dozen thugs and drop him over the side of his oh-so-valuable dead black island?

Completely agree with your appraisal of Roush, Routh, Rome, whatever his hame is. I actually like the genius-megalomaniac portrayal of Lex Luthor so

I have no issue with Spacey's performance. What fault did you find with Bosworth as Lane? I typically don't give females or the characters they play much regard so I never thought about Bosworth/Lane much. I did note that they tried to make her a self-reliant, career-minded woman to relate to women today, but I didn't think much of the character beyond that level...

Considering how plucky and spunky Lois is generally portrayed as, Bosworth's portrayal was rather flat and bland. She was just sorta there and didn't bring much to the table.

One of the reasons I liked the newer take on Lex (especially during Justice League Unlimited) is that, despite being hopelessly outmatched physically against Supes, he could still out-smart, out-maneuver, and out-fox the Man of Steel. Much like a smart businessman, he knows the rules well enough to break 'em, and he uses those same rules against Superman to keep him at bay.

And he doesn't wuss out by hiding behind a wig. The new Lex don't give a f&*k about being bald!

• 2 weeks later...

You try being knocked up only to have the father bolt on you. Kinda hard to be plucky and spunky then.

Thats if you ignore Superman 2. If you include 2 before Returns then the Lois isn't that bad since Superman wiped her memory at the end.

Rather not think of a loose Lois.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Earlier this month, Mountain Dew unveiled the winning design of their special The Dark Knight Rises paint scheme for the #88 Chevrolet Impala stock car driven by Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

And it gets better, as the car won yesterday's race at Michigan International Speedway. This marks the end of Earnhardt, Jr.'s four-year winless streak.