The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Me too. Got 'em the Tuesday after they announced they were up. Evening shows on the Friday were already > 50% full... nevermind midnight shows.

I'm patient enough to wait for the DVD/BD release. Good movies deserve a few rewatches every now and then.

Besides, certain cinema goers seem to be oblivious to the common courtesy of "TURNING OFF YOUR FCUKING PHONE AND WATCHING THE DAMN MOVIE!" Makes one wonder why they bother paying for the ticket if they're just going to sit here and yack instead of enjoying what's on the screen.

got my tickets already for me and my whole family. LOL

Same here. We are going to be sitting in the cinema through all three of the Nolan Bats films on the one night/morning. (A special screening option called "Batmania" that we were quick to take up. The latest film starts at midnight.) Won't get the chance to do that again.

(I would prefer a really hardcore viewing option of Batman Begins/The Prestige/The Dark Knight/Inception/The Dark Knight Rises. That would REALLY GO OFF!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is going quiet I notice. Everybody going into "media blackout spoiler alert mode" I am and I won't be back on this thread until after I see the film next week.

I predict, however, that Bruce Wayne will not survive the film, but the Batman role will be picked up by another character (Probably Joseph Gordon_Levitts) which will demonstrate the immortality of the concept of Batman.

This thread is going quiet I notice. Everybody going into "media blackout spoiler alert mode" I am and I won't be back on this thread until after I see the film next week.

I predict, however, that Bruce Wayne will not survive the film, but the Batman role will be picked up by another character (Probably Joseph Gordon_Levitts) which will demonstrate the immortality of the concept of Batman.

Batman is Cobra Commander?

"A Batman. I once was a Batman!"

I actually like that idea, but only if his characters name is Dick Grayson, lol.

I,m not up on any new origins for Batman(if any?) , but going by Bob Kane,s version, regarding Bats age, Bob put him around 35yrs old when Bruce started appearing as Batman.(if Nolan is following this)

A few yrs in as Batman , plus a 8 yr break after TDK , would put Bruce at somewhere between 43-45!!

That,s a man on the wrong side of middle age!

Take into account all the scare tissue and joint problems he,d have from hand to hand combat injuries & excessive exercise, his joints would snap,crack and pop every morning getting out of bed.Even if he,d kept up a training program during his exile.There seems to be a reference somewhat to this in one of the trailers with Alfred driving a weary Bruce somewhere, commenting about being slow getting back into to it etc..

A man pushing 50 going up against a superhuman is gonna get intimate with a wheelchair or grimreaper.

Which is great because Batman is a very short term moonlighting gig.And yeah Joseph Gorden Levitts will prob fill shoes, I just hope there,s a Batman beyond style suit at the end.

Don Frye still active MMA fighter aged 46

George Forman reclaimed the heavyweight boxing title at 45

Gordie Howe was 52 when he retired from the NHL

I was going off my own experience as a pro dancer and acrobat, I,m 40 yrs and have alot of spinal injuries from this career ,and am in pain daily and have to manage this pain daily.

I became a pilates instructor to reduce my pain levels from a 10 to about 2(it took 5 yrs to become employable again)All extreme sportsman face this problem ,the average age of retirement is between 35-45 yrs,but there are always exceptions to the rules like the sportsman you,ve mentioned above :) :) But on the plus side(as a pilates instructor) I get to see alot of women in tights excercising, pelvic curls are HOT!!!

Edited by troyness

I,m not up on any new origins for Batman(if any?) , but going by Bob Kane,s version, regarding Bats age, Bob put him around 35yrs old when Bruce started appearing as Batman.(if Nolan is following this)

A few yrs in as Batman , plus a 8 yr break after TDK , would put Bruce at somewhere between 43-45!!

That,s a man on the wrong side of middle age!

Take into account all the scare tissue and joint problems he,d have from hand to hand combat injuries & excessive exercise, his joints would snap,crack and pop every morning getting out of bed.Even if he,d kept up a training program during his exile.There seems to be a reference somewhat to this in one of the trailers with Alfred driving a weary Bruce somewhere, commenting about being slow getting back into to it etc..

A man pushing 50 going up against a superhuman is gonna get intimate with a wheelchair or grimreaper.

Which is great because Batman is a very short term moonlighting gig.And yeah Joseph Gorden Levitts will prob fill shoes, I just hope there,s a Batman beyond style suit at the end.

I'm not terribly familiar with any of the comics, other than the basics... but did read the Dark Knight Returns, which features a 55 year old Bruce coming out of retirement... struggling at times, but still kicking butt and perhaps 1000x more vicious.

I,ve read that comic to, and loved it ,it,s a classic!

It,s just not real life,nor is TDKR about to be released (as we all know),I just like how from what,s been implied from the trailers, that within the context of a superhero movie,a middle aged man wouldn,t do as well as he used to, which infact is reality, that,s why I hope Batman dies, or at the very least gets greatly injured, it would set the bar for superhero movies, and take the average viewer by surprise, it,d be a brave and original move by Nolan, and is what the fans are expecting with Bane in the movie.

But on the plus side(as a pilates instructor) I get to see alot of women in tights excercising, pelvic curls are HOT!!!

And the most important thing to remember is: you should be happy doing what you do... :p

Edited by reddsun1

Yeah, when he throws his smoke pellets on the ground, they,ll explode in a pink cloud and go "poof"

Edited by troyness

I think over the years the revised origin has Bruce taking up the mantle at right around 30 years old.

I would say in the Nolyn movies that is about right. He should be about 40 at this point.

Yay, first quick review here. Just got back from seeing all three films in a row. Not giving out ANY spoilers yet. A freeking sweet trilogy and an epic (really surprisingly epic) film to go out on. There will be some who do not like it compared to the other two though. Yay!!

Yay, first quick review here. Just got back from seeing all three films in a row. Not giving out ANY spoilers yet. A freeking sweet trilogy and an epic (really surprisingly epic) film to go out on. There will be some who do not like it compared to the other two though. Yay!!

I just wanna be one of those people who deserved to have their faith rewarded. :lol:

I,ve read that comic to, and loved it ,it,s a classic!

It,s just not real life,nor is TDKR about to be released (as we all know),I just like how from what,s been implied from the trailers, that within the context of a superhero movie,a middle aged man wouldn,t do as well as he used to, which infact is reality, that,s why I hope Batman dies, or at the very least gets greatly injured, it would set the bar for superhero movies, and take the average viewer by surprise, it,d be a brave and original move by Nolan, and is what the fans are expecting with Bane in the movie.

They do show Bruce walking with a cane beside Alfred in that 14 minute featurette. So maybe he is suffering the physical effects during his 8 year retirement, which would lend realism as you describe. Of course that scene could also be after one of the Bane ass whoopins.

Edited by glane21

Yeah it was a great film. It didn't disappoint. Very predicatable in many ways both very enjoyable nontheless. There isn't any after credit material like the marvel films.

I knew I shouldn't have gone in at 3:45am; I kept nodding off because I had already been up for 12 hours prior to the movie. To make things even better, I got a parking ticket at the mall for "overnight parking." Anyway, I can see why a lot of folks won't like the way they wrapped up Nolan's "trilogy," but ultimately I enjoyed it very much. I'll have to see it again to catch all the stuff I missed while I was asleep... :rolleyes: