The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Good point. And I agree that the 3rd movie will probably feature a lot of investigations on Batman's part. but I still think the detective/investigation parts would still be a background for the movie, as opposed to it being the main feature.

I disagree in that it should be the main feature. They already explored violence as a means to an end in the first film, violence without an end in the second; a third film with a violent core would be too much. I would prefer to see it as a chess match between Batman and Catwoman, each trying to outdo the other, add in some UST and BST and we're golden.

• 3 months later...

I have always had faith in Nolan, his casting abilities, and his stories. I have never been disappointed by him and he doesn't fall too much into Hollywood fads of 3D, too much CGI, etc etc. I know there are amazing things in store, plus like 80% of the inception cast is in the film now and it seems they are taking a lot of the story from Dark Victory and The long Halloween since Joseph Gordon-Levitt is playing the Holiday Killer aka Alberto Falcone. He really is crafting a open and close ended trilogy tying in all aspects of the first two films into his last one.

It still hasn't been confirmed JGL is playing Alberto Falcone. The latest reports are that he's playing "a Gotham City beat cop." It's possible that's just a cover though. At this point the only thing I know of that's confirmed is Bane and Selina Kyle (though Anne Hathaway has referred to her character as Catwoman). IIRC, a young Ra's al Ghul may be in it as well--which is likely since pics from the India set show what looks like a Lazarus Pit.

Nonetheless, I also have faith in Nolan. Either way, it can't be worse than Batman & Robin... ;)

I like the closed trilogy idea.. That way there is no korny followup thats more of a comedy than anything else.

I agree. It worked well with Alien 3--hey, wait a minute... :p

The fact that it's a third movie in a series stacks the deck against it. Creating a successful end-piece, even to a good series, is not a common occurrence. When done right though, it can be quite good. I just hope it's more like Return of the King and less like the Godfather: Part III.

I agree. It worked well with Alien 3--hey, wait a minute... :p

The fact that it's a third movie in a series stacks the deck against it. Creating a successful end-piece, even to a good series, is not a common occurrence. When done right though, it can be quite good. I just hope it's more like Return of the King and less like the Godfather: Part III.

Im one of those strange people that liked the Godfather 3.

There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3.

There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3.

+1

I'm sorry, but anything in that francise made after Cameron's masterpiece is a pile of dog sh*t that even Rick Dale can't turn into gold. They're almost as bad as the Starship Troopers movie franchise (probably the main reason I hate that franchise (S.T.) is that I read the masterpiece before seeing the film; Heinlein must be rolling in his grave); the only good thing that came out of the Starship Troopers franchise is the Combat Command paperback gamebook.

Hopefully this film will be on the caliber of "Return of the King" or, to a lesser extent, "The Return of the Jedi" in terms of closing out the Nolan Batman franchise.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I'm sorry, but anything in that francise made after Cameron's masterpiece is a pile of dog sh*t that even Rick Dale can't turn into gold. They're almost as bad as the Starship Troopers movie franchise (probably the main reason I hate that franchise (S.T.) is that I read the masterpiece before seeing the film; Heinlein must be rolling in his grave); the only good thing that came out of the Starship Troopers franchise is the Combat Command paperback gamebook.

Hopefully this film will be on the caliber of "Return of the King" or, to a lesser extent, "The Return of the Jedi" in terms of closing out the Nolan Batman franchise.

The CG series was actually decent, though incomplete.

• 5 weeks later...

Since they're filming in my area (Pittsburgh), I applied to be an extra in the film.

Yeah, yeah.. Wear a macross shirt, but also wear a viking helmet and a pink feather boa.. That way when we all go see the movie, it will be easy to pick you out.

There is a section on the application that asks if you have any special skills. I wrote "willing to do nude scenes" in it.

If that doesn't work, then to a Back to the Future III, and just point at your junk.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope WB has enough business savvy to release this before the end of the world.

Their probably working on a 2013 underground bunker reality series right now....full of teen angst.