The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19122/-dark-knight-rises-villains-revealed

A press release from Warner Bros. Pictures has just confirmed the two key members of Batman's Rogues Gallery that will appear in the much-anticipated upcoming "The Dark Knight Rises" - Catwoman and Bane. Check it out below:

"Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven. “The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company."

Not surprised to see they're using Catwoman, but Bane's a surprise. Interested to see what they come up with, and if they use anything from the "Knightfall" storyline where Bane first appeared. Or more interestingly, the "Venom" story where Batman himself gets addicted to the genetically-tailored steroid that would eventually fuel Bane.

Some friends and I were discussing who from Batman's Rogues Gallery fit into Nolan's universe, and though Bane did come up we thought maybe Riddler (in current times he had become a detective himself, and with Batman being hunted there would be an opportunity for a glory-hound to try to fill the void) and Penguin (who runs a legitimate club as a front for his activities, which might fit well into a power struggle in Gotham now that the gangs have been completely broken down).

Anywho, looking forward to this. Not expecting it to be as fantastic as "Dark Knight" (that way lies madness :D ), but high expectations for sure.

Edited by Penguin

Bane? eh. Didn't they already do that with Uma Thurman and some clown?

Well, in the comic, Bane started off as a tactician who used the other villains to wear batman down mentally and physically before he broke his back. He wasn't just some dumb, juiced up brute the way he is now.

No 3D shooting Major Pass- I really hate that gimmic.

Bane Pass

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman Fail....

Canadian model/actress Serinda Swan is Catwoman:

Catwoman is suppose to be sexy not average. I see Anne as more of a Lois Lane type.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Not a big Hathaway fan. I don't dislike her or anything but she's not even in the top 50 I think for who I'd pick for Catwoman.

Sean Young missed her chance AGAIN!!!! ;) ;) :p :P

Bane's the obvious choice for knock-down drag out brawl's. Less comic-y than Killer Croc, and a more menacing name than Penguin or Riddler. Though to be honest, I'd prefer they just bring back Liam Nissan for some epic Ras Al Gul-ness.

Not a big Hathaway fan. I don't dislike her or anything but she's not even in the top 50 I think for who I'd pick for Catwoman.

why can't I vote for this post?

I'd rather if they bring back Ken Watanabe as the original Ras Al-Gul.

"you got New Coke last time, now taste the classic!"

I was hoping that Nolan's Batman movies wouldn't fall into the Burton formula. 2 villain per film waters down what could be magic with a single villain. Even in the Dark Knight, it felt to me that Two-Face was shoehorned in. Especially since he was killed off within 15 min of being a bad guy.

I was hoping that Nolan's Batman movies wouldn't fall into the Burton formula. 2 villain per film waters down what could be magic with a single villain. Even in the Dark Knight, it felt to me that Two-Face was shoehorned in. Especially since he was killed off within 15 min of being a bad guy.

A-FREAKIN-MEN to that.

Yeah alittle bit,Two-face could have been something more,but I liked the angle they did with him.In Nolans 'realistic' universe,to be fair,you'd only last about 15 minutes in real life lol

Yeah, but if they follow the normal pattern, Catwoman should be "Not really bad, bad", and probably the romantic interest. Bane will be "bad bad", I'm sure. It should work.

I discussed the Catwoman choice with my brothers earlier today and we all agreed that Anne Hathaway (although I'd love to lay her), is just not what we'd expected of a Catwoman-type.

Names such as Catherine Heigl and Jessica Biel came to mind, but my brother made the best suggestion of all: Kate Beckinsale. With the experience she's got playing her role in the Underworld movies (and wearing tight leather suits! :wub: ), she'd be a great pick as well.

Bane Pass

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman Fail....

Canadian model/actress Serinda Swan is Catwoman:

*snip*

Catwoman is suppose to be sexy not average. I see Anne as more of a Lois Lane type.

This will be different (...for Anne). I thought she only played those lovey dovey lost princess, ugly swan roles. Type cast!

She was called havoc. That's all I'm to say that subject.

Maybe this will be the role that will show that she can do other things besides Disney esq roles.