The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Are they sure that's Bane? :huh:

I don't want to be too critical, since they made a hell of a Joker out of Heath Ledger, but it's like they looked at Bane in the comic books, and then decided to do the opposite of that. So instead of a luchador with drug tubes going into his head, we get a bald guy with a muzzle?

Edited by mikeszekely

I don't to be too critical, since they made a hell of a Joker out of Heath Ledger, but it's like they looked at Bane in the comic books, and then decided to do the opposite of that. So instead of a luchador with drug tubes going into his head, we get a bald guy with a muzzle?

I think its the mask that's throwing everyone off.

There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3. There's no such thing as Alien 3.

I keep trying to read this but it's just coming up blank. Prob'ly just the wind.

I don't to be too critical, since they made a hell of a Joker out of Heath Ledger, but it's like they looked at Bane in the comic books, and then decided to do the opposite of that. So instead of a luchador with drug tubes going into his head, we get a bald guy with a muzzle?

In all fairness though the luchador look wouldn't go to well in the Bat-Universe Nolan has created. As always I stand by his decisions as he has yet to fail me and I have been a fan of his since 2000 and all of his movies. This is a man that definitely knows what he is doing, and why he makes the changes he does. Too many people didn't like the look of Joker when they first saw him yet it was perfect for the film.

In all fairness though the luchador look wouldn't go to well in the Bat-Universe Nolan has created. As always I stand by his decisions as he has yet to fail me and I have been a fan of his since 2000 and all of his movies. This is a man that definitely knows what he is doing, and why he makes the changes he does. Too many people didn't like the look of Joker when they first saw him yet it was perfect for the film.

And that's why I didn't want to be too critical. But at least Nolan's Joker had the white face, green hair, and purple suit. Maybe the luchador look wouldn't work...

I think its the mask that's throwing everyone off.

And that's just it. Comic book Bane wears a mask that covers everything except his mouth. Nolan Bane wears a mask that only covers his mouth. It's 100% the opposite. We couldn't come up with something that'd fit Nolan's Bat-universe that actually looked like Bane?

And that's just it. Comic book Bane wears a mask that covers everything except his mouth. Nolan Bane wears a mask that only covers his mouth. It's 100% the opposite. We couldn't come up with something that'd fit Nolan's Bat-universe that actually looked like Bane?

Actually, comic-book Bane's mask covers his whole face.

Bane_DC_Comics_Character.png

Like I said, I'll wait before commenting on Bane.

Actually, comic-book Bane's mask covers his whole face.

Whoops. The only comic books I'd read with Bane were the Knightfall TPBs, and that was when I was in middle school. I guess I'm remembering the DCAU Bane.

Banex2.jpg

Bane-comics-DCAU-TNBA.jpg

Edited by mikeszekely

I'm sorry, I never understood this but, what's Bane's appeal? I never really cared for Catwoman either. I saw (on multiple occasions) The Dark Knight and loved it, but I think I'll probably pass on this one.

I'm sorry, I never understood this but, what's Bane's appeal? I never really cared for Catwoman either. I saw (on multiple occasions) The Dark Knight and loved it, but I think I'll probably pass on this one.

Honestly, I don't know that Bane has much of a following. His fame comes from being central to the Knightfall storyline, but I don't find people all that interested in him as a character. To me, choosing Bane is a way of saying something really, really bad might happen to Bruce in the course of the film. It'll be up to Nolan to apply the character in an interesting manner.

Honestly, I don't know that Bane has much of a following. His fame comes from being central to the Knightfall storyline, but I don't find people all that interested in him as a character. To me, choosing Bane is a way of saying something really, really bad might happen to Bruce in the course of the film. It'll be up to Nolan to apply the character in an interesting manner.

I don't know, I think maybe he was just trying to find the least outlanidsh character left to brawl with. Killer Croc is nearly a mutant, The Penguin is hard to do dark + serious, The Riddler isn't much of a brawle, etc. Though Catwoman is in the film, Bale doesn't need the bad press of punching a chick in the face. Which leaves us with Bane.

I don't know, I think maybe he was just trying to find the least outlanidsh character left to brawl with. Killer Croc is nearly a mutant, The Penguin is hard to do dark + serious, The Riddler isn't much of a brawle, etc. Though Catwoman is in the film, Bale doesn't need the bad press of punching a chick in the face. Which leaves us with Bane.

Quite agree on this one. Bane is in this film 'cause he can kick Batman's arse. Be prepared to see Bats really lose a fight in this one. (But I don't think his back will be snapped or any shite like that.)

Bane was an interesting character in his early appearances. He was highly intelligent, smart enough to deduce Batman's secret identity, and skilled enough to earn the respect of Ra's Al Ghul.

Bane's biggest problem is that, outside of the comics, he's always portrayed as a mindless brute.

Bane was an interesting character in his early appearances. He was highly intelligent, smart enough to deduce Batman's secret identity, and skilled enough to earn the respect of Ra's Al Ghul.

Bane's biggest problem is that, outside of the comics, he's always portrayed as a mindless brute.

not just that, he was a master strategist who play batman like a violin, wearing him down physically and mentally to the breaking point, long before he broke bat's back.

Hmmm, not sure I really dig how he made Bane look. I'm just gonna hope that there is a secret, cooler looking Bane that is in store and this Bane is nothing more than the wimpy non-venom Bane. Bane is really short either way. Hopefully Nolan hasn't let fame go to his head to the point where he makes bad decisions.

not just that, he was a master strategist who play batman like a violin, wearing him down physically and mentally to the breaking point, long before he broke bat's back.

Yes. Knightfall was actually a really great Batbook crossover story. I think I'll reread it at some point soon.

Well I'm a Batman fan, and read most of the comics. And from my view the appeal of Bane is that he can physically take on Batman. All other villians are really no match one to one against Batman. Nolan was looking for a more physical conflict in this third film, and considering that Killer Croc isn't realistically plausible, he was left with Bane.

With that said, I'm not too thrilled with this Bane. He's too short, and that mask is anything what the Bane character is about.

As for Catwoman... well she is Batman's true love, but also his paradax due to her rogue ways. So it's great she's been added in this film.

And for the camo Tumblers of Bane's armada... cheap.

Edited by Omegablue

So she's missing the cat ears. She's still got the goggles and the cat suit. And she still looks sexy in it.

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33743

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168123-its-anne-hathaways-qcatwomanq-from-dark-knight-rises

(spoiler'd for space)

1312547857.jpg

It ain't this, but it works.

f6a9baf64784d468478f149f55de8762.jpg

I'm guess she's still in the midst of getting the tech she needs to be fully "catwoman". I'm sure Nolan won't have her in a skin tight, purple, body suit at any point but he was still faithful to batman's costume as well as the costumes of the other characters like Joker and Scarecrow so I have faith she'll be in cat ears by the end of the movie.

here's another shot of her

post-19-0-62587700-1312555589_thumb.jpg

Edited by eugimon