The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Ma-Ma-Ma-MASK!

Man, I use to love that show. Saw it recently again, and, well, it wasn't like Macross. Macross I think I enjoy MORE as an adult than as a kid. I don't think I can bring myself as an adult to watch more than one or two episodes of MASK. That's the beauty of anime. It's aimed for more mature, older audiences. Whereas the MAJORITY (But NOT all) of US produced cartoons are the opposite, and lack that enduring appeal. (South Park, Simpsons and even the new Thundercats are exempt).

Now, with that said, that is why I feel Nolan's take on Batman is a blueprint that other movies should follow, especially in the comic book sense. It's aimed for more mature audiences. After I saw TDK, I could NOT bring myself to watch more than a few seconds of Schumachers or Burton's Batman movies without getting annoyed at all the...cheese. For lack of a better word. The writing that caters to the lowest common denominator. I will watch TDK ten years from now, and enjoy the hell out of myself.

Anne is a very good actress and I don't think Nolan would have chosen her if he didn't think she could nail the role. Her costume looks good and as far as the Mask & ears go, I'm going to the theater open minded knowing Chris Nolan isn't going to make her a lame character.

Also in still photos provided through azrael's link, its funny to see Christian Bale in his Batman suit smiling and goofing around, so out of place but still awesome! B))

Also in still photos provided through azrael's link, its funny to see Christian Bale in his Batman suit smiling and goofing around, so out of place but still awesome! B))

Behind-the-scenes material is always great. I wish more movies and whatnot included that type of thing more often. Even watching adult film behind-the-scenes/bloopers are funny... :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Man, I use to love that show. Saw it recently again, and, well, it wasn't like Macross. Macross I think I enjoy MORE as an adult than as a kid. I don't think I can bring myself as an adult to watch more than one or two episodes of MASK. That's the beauty of anime. It's aimed for more mature, older audiences. Whereas the MAJORITY (But NOT all) of US produced cartoons are the opposite, and lack that enduring appeal. (South Park, Simpsons and even the new Thundercats are exempt).

Now, with that said, that is why I feel Nolan's take on Batman is a blueprint that other movies should follow, especially in the comic book sense. It's aimed for more mature audiences. After I saw TDK, I could NOT bring myself to watch more than a few seconds of Schumachers or Burton's Batman movies without getting annoyed at all the...cheese. For lack of a better word. The writing that caters to the lowest common denominator. I will watch TDK ten years from now, and enjoy the hell out of myself.

You can also exempt Batman the Animated Series, Exo-Squad, and, to a lesser extent, Spiral Zone as well.

• 3 weeks later...

1323574642.jpg

There will be a 6-minute prologue trailer showing in front of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol at selected theaters in the US, Canada, and UK on Dec. 21st. Additionally, you can secure advanced screening invitations for Dec. 20th through the viral website Operation Early Bird.

List of theaters:

Austin, TX – IMAX Theater Austin – Austin

Boston, MA – Jordan’s IMAX – Natick

Boston, MA – IMAX 3D Theatre in Reading – Reading

Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Theatre Chinook 16 – Calgary

Chantilly, VA/Washington, DC – Udvar-Hazy Center IMAX – Chantilly

Chicago, IL – Navy Pier IMAX Theatre – Chicago

Des Moines, IA – SCI IMAX Dome Theater – Des Moines

Detroit, MI – Henry Ford IMAX – Dearborn

Edmonton, AB – Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton – Edmonton

Harrisburg, PA – Whitaker Center for Science & the Arts – Harrisburg

Houston, TX – Houston Marq*e Stadium 22 + IMAX – Houston

Indianapolis – White River IMAX – Indianapolis

Los Angeles, CA – Irvine Spectrum 20 + IMAX – Irvine

Los Angeles, CA – RAVE 18 + IMAX – Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA – Ontario Palace Stadium 22 + IMAX – Ontario

Los Angeles, CA – Citywalk Stadium 19 with IMAX – Universal City

Madison, WI – Star 18 Fitchburg with IMAX – Fitchburg

Miami, FL – AutoNation IMAX – Fort Lauderdale

Minneapolis, MN – Great Clips IMAX – Apple Valley

Montreal, QC – Cinema Banque Scotia Montreal – Montreal

Nashville,TN – Opry Mills Stadium 20 + IMAX – Nashville

New York, NY – Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX – New York

New York, NY – Palisades IMAX – West Nyack

Omaha, NE – Star Cinema 16 with IMAX – Council Bluffs

Orlando, FL – Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 + IMAX – Orlando

Ottawa, ON – Silvercity Gloucester + IMAX – Gloucester

Palm Springs – Desert IMAX Theatre – Cathedral City

Philadelphia, PA – IMAX & the Tropicana – Atlantic City

Philadelphia, PA – Tuttleman IMAX–Franklin Institute – Philadelphia

Phoenix, AZ – Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX – Tempe

Providence, RI – Providence Place 16 with IMAX – Providence

Quebec City, QC – IMAX Le Theatre At Quebec – Quebec City

Sacramento, CA – Esquire IMAX – Sacramento

San Antonio, TX – IMAX at RiverCenter – San Antonio

San Francisco, CA – Metreon 16 with IMAX & ETX – San Francisco

Seattle, WA – Boeing IMAX–Pacific Science Center – Seattle

Tampa, FL – Museum of Science and Industry – Tampa

Toronto, ON – Coliseum 12 Mississauga + IMAX – Mississauga

Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Theatre Toronto + IMAX – Toronto

Toronto, ON – Colossus 18 Woodbridge + IMAX – Woodbridge-Vaughan

Vancouver, BC – Colossus Langley + IMAX – Langley

Vancouver, BC – Silvercity Riverport 18 + IMAX – Richmond

The following is a list of U.K. theaters in which the prologue will debut on Dec. 21:

BFI London – London

National Media Museum IMAX – Bradford

Glasgow Science Centre IMAX Cinema – Glasgow

Odeon Manchester IMAX @ The Printworks – Manchester

well there is still 6 months of post to do so I am sure it will be fine. Nolan's trailers have a bad tendacy to not show truly finished work. Look at the original inception trailer, half of the shots from the first trailer wind up reveresed as in what side of the screen actors are on in the final film. No worries about the Bane voice my friends.

ummmm----why exactly???? Dark Knight is great. Little long....but great.

I just don't care for Ledger's Joker. That and after a while I just got sick of listening to Bale's grumble grumble batman voice.

they did over do the satan like growl on Bale's Bat voice...have to agree with u there.

as for Ledger's joker...well, i though it was the best rendition of the joker, and possibly one of the best (scariest/crazy) bad guys ever put on film.

Edited by derex3592

I agree that DK was way too long and the change of focus from the Joker to two-face left the movie a bit disjointed for me. I still like Batman Begins more. That said, after seeing Ledger's joker mugshots leaked, I thought the movie was going to be crap but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Still too long though. Two face should've had his own movie because Aaron Eckhart was just as good but got over shadowed by the whole Heath Ledger thing.

I know every one is all gaga over the trailers but I'm always underwhelmed by them, but end up enjoying the movies. It's incredible how much has been released about this movie though, they were so secretive about the last ones. Hoping to see this in the IMAX screen.

I was telling my friend that Leo and Juno will come out at the end and stand over Bruce Wayne's sleeping body and explain that they made the head of Wayne Industries believe that he's a superhero that dresses as a bat at night using his team from Inception.