YF-29 (canon, in-series info)

sketchley

Are there named variants of other valkyries that I should be aware of? Until reading this thread, the only VF-19s I knew of were the A, F, S, P, and Fire Valkyrie.

There are a few.

Use this list: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Statistics.htm#Variable_Fighters

You'll have to go one by one. They're generally listed under "variants" under "RPG Stats" (Ie SV-52γ "Crimson Rose"). Sometimes under "Background" (Ie the VF-4 having been called Siren and Lightning (without III)).

I see at least one micro-missile launcher port on the leg packs, and a dorsal hatch on the wing additions - internal missile spam launcher? The underside gives the impression of an intake. The fronts also give the impression of either 4 micro-missile launcher ports or a beam weapon of some kind. Though it might be some kind of fold speaker or fold attack weapon.

The gun pod looks like a VF-27 type.

From the changes on the nose details, I get the impression that it might possess an enhanced ISC system.

What nobody seems to have commented on so far, is that there also appears to be two new additional packs mounted at the rear, outward of the tailfins. I'm guessing these are additional boosters.

So as far as armament goes, the YF-29 seems to have: -

• 1 x gunpod likley similar in performance to the VF-27's gunpod.
  • 2 x micro-missile launchers on each lower leg.
  • 2 x micro-missile launchers on each mid-wing engine nacelle.
  • 2 x 25mm cannon or laser in wing roots.
  • 2 x head lasers.
  • 2 x Dorsal mounted beam guns, mounted inward of tail fins, likely hinged so they can swing up and be fired over the shoulder in battroid mode.
  • 2 x new mystery wing-pods, likely either missile pods and/or fuel tanks.

Graham

So looking at the larger scans posted in the Macross Frontier Movie 2 Thread it really looks like the 29 has the same 25F* head + an extra "unicorn thingie" in the middle of it's head.

*borrowing from Mr. March's Macross Mecha Manual you can almost see the same F head mounted beam guns.

Still not sold on the design, but I am really curious to see it in Battroid mode.

-b.

Stumbled upon this image in my many dives into 2chan's random boards. SD YF-29 anyone?

That's from the new Frontier album. Kawamori-sensei apologizing for not releasing the tracklist or such until after the movie comes out. Spoilers and all that.

The CG look 100x better than the lineart or the kit.

The GERWALK still rules!

I'm glad to see Bandai planning to exploit the 100 scale kits with VF-25s as well as custom YF-29s. If they were wise, they'd use the line to release all the Macross VF's they own licenses on.

They'd make a killing on the VF-4's and VF-17's alone....:p

Edited by Zinjo

To anyone who watched movie 2...did the YF-29

HAVE FAST PACKS?

I don't think the YF-29 is supposed to have them. The YF-29 is supposed to be a Tornado-parts included design. Ie. it doesn't require additional add-on parts - the Tornado system is already there.

Edited by Vifam7

I don't think the YF-29 is supposed to have them. The YF-29 is supposed to be a Tornado-parts included design. Ie. it doesn't require additional add-on parts - the Tornado system is already there.

except that they've shown picks in magazines of it with fast packs.

Nice proper scan of the Gerwalk from the bowels of the internet

3e9ef8119061065.jpg

For those who have seen the movie, two questions on the YF-29: -

1) Is the gunpod a beamgun pod, or a traditional shell firing gatling type gunpod?

2) Can the twin beam cannon mount rotate and fire in different directions like the Tornado Pack's beam cannons? And if yes, in all 3 modes?

Answers in spoiler tags please.

Graham

1) Is the gunpod a beamgun pod, or a traditional shell firing gatling type gunpod?

Graham

Doesn't it carry the same gunpod as the VF-27?

Shouldn't need to spoil it since the 1/100 kit is on sale, but....

The 1/100 Bandai kit calls it a beam gun pod.