Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

And that's why, after being burned by the YF-19 many moons ago, I never buy the initial release of any valkyrie. :p

Problem is you can get bummed if you buy a second release too... (YF-29 as being V.2 of VF-25) :(

Edited by charger69

Here we go again... Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Let the by now traditional session of Q&A regarding a new Macross toy release start:

"Ok, guys with XX-XX in your hands, do you see any cracking or possible cracking like in the panic inducing pics?"

*sigh*

Meh, there's a seam right along that joint. If you don't stress the joint by trying to fold the wings/glove back further than it's designed to, you shouldn't have a problem. **The wings/glove does NOT fold back as far as it does on the 25/27. If you try to force it, you will break something**

Plastic feels like it's a different formula from the 25/27. Not as hard/brittle. Closer in feel to the quality that yamato uses.

My copy wasn't covered in grease, I guess bandai figured out that grease doesn't help paint adhere.

Paint is mostly nice but there's some slop around the ankle guards and around the head.

Bunny ears are soft PVC type plastic for those of you that care about that sort of thing.

The new posable hands are quite nice, the thumb is on a ball joint so there's more posability than on a yammie hand. Gun hand his a nice peg to hold the gun in place.

The new shoulder/collar bone assembly is superior to the one found on the 27, a definite improvement.

It's definitely a nice piece and a big improvement over the 27

Edited by eugimon

It's here! Am I the first in Malaysia to receive this? :p

280620112411.jpg

humongous package! Lucky customs are in a good mood yesterday...

Can't wait to open it tonite....after DOTM premier....

Ok, that is just f* stupid. I'm writing a complaint letter to AmiAmi. If they pass when I tell them I don't want that ugly piece of paper, when I tell them to keep it and even when I suggest to bend it or cut it in half to fit in a normal box if necessary, then don't shove it up my a$$ in a huge box!!

F* Bandai could have saved the money wasted on that piece of $hit. I'm sure as heck not grateful.

Edited by Twoducks

Ok, that is just f* stupid. I'm writing a complaint letter to AmiAmi. If they pass when I tell them I don't want that ugly piece of paper, when I tell them to keep it and even when I suggest to bend it or cut it in half to fit in a normal box if necessary, then don't shove it up my a$$ in a huge box!!

F* Bandai could have saved the money wasted on that piece of $hit. I'm sure as heck not grateful.

it's long because of the poster.

What's your issue? Shipment is calculated by weight and not size...

Not always true, sometimes they charge you for the volumetric weight, if it's greater than the normal weight.

Because, like I kindly told them, size makes packages get held in customs here in Spain the same way as EMS shipped stuff… which begins a loooooong and expensive process that wastes time and energy.

I’m still waiting to receive the paperwork I need to go to the middle of nowhere to loose half a day of work standing in line in FOUR different windows spread in three buildings just to pick the VF-19 Kai that got here on May 31… yay for EMS!

Sorry for the rant but I’m really getting tired of things like this in my hobby.

Not always true, sometimes they charge you for the volumetric weight, if it's greater than the normal weight.

Also, if the package is too big, it will mostly be retained by customs for inspection.

If so, then you will have to pay custom taxes and it is not cheap.

If the package is small with not too much weight then you can avoid customs.

What I can find...

From B_A_T_

5877420919_32a6851442_b.jpg

i just noticed that the gunpod can clip on the forearm... nice... another thing they got from Yamato :rolleyes: ... at least they're learning :p

Cracks on one of the wing hinges right out of the box..... :o

Just checked mine, no cracks or stressmark....

i see the pics now. are the silver parts just painted plastic or metal? i'm assuming they're still using those rolled metal sheets as pins for these hinges, yes? i hope this is just an isolated case... :mellow:

So, does anyone (preferably in the US) really not want their poster? I'll pay for shipping if anyone's feeling Generous enough to send one my way. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

Does the big ems package inspection apply to the u.s. too? Mines coming with 2 figmas which actually didn't save me any money because amiami just added the extra s/h1800yen to the 4000yen. (5800 s/h) Wondering if I've inadvertently delayed mine.

I'm eager to get one of these as soon as I have enough money.

What do the limbs feel like? Will they start getting floppy soon? (hopefully not, but if so, maybe this is addressed when the ozma version comes out - too late the posters who know everything have spoiled us. )

When the vf-25 v2 come out I want to get the ozma with armor pack. Grey valkyries are the best. :p

the arms are the same deal, plastic on plastic friction joints. The shoulders are new, no ratchets.

the thigh swivels are loose. GERWALK joints move easily but are strong enough to hold a pose. The knee ratchets are stiff. The ankle extension bit locks into position and the ankle itself is a metal ball joint.

The hip ball joint on my copy is a bit loose, nothing bad but I would expect it to eventually get suffer the same fate as the other DX valks and need maintenance over the life of the toy.