Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

thanks for all the photos Swoosh. It looks like this is the best Frontier Valk Bandai's ever made.

Really makes me look forward the V 2.0 VF-25 now.

Same here, I like VF-25 so much!!! Bandai please don't ruin it this time!!!

Again gorgeous pictures!

@Frogze, yeah I really hope so too.

@Charger, thanks for the link but they are WAY too high in price. I'll just hold out and see if it gets rereleased. If not then I'll just have to go without and just get the new VF-25.

Chris

Wow it's way taller than the VF-27, is it suppose to be? Also if Bandai makes new VF-25's based on what they learned from the YF-29 will they also be taller too? I don't know just how much the VF-25 and YF-29 share in common parts.

Probably not a single part (in universe or the toys), despite sharing the transformation mechanism...

I will take a semi-informed guess about the size: they're supposed to be identical (or very close, to the point of being dismissible on the toy), but the compromises, mechanism and esthetic choices on the toys made the YF-29 taller (for starters, the VF-27's hips don't swing down to a lower position).

Edited by regult

Probably not a single part (in universe or the toys), despite sharing the transformation mechanism...

I will take a semi-informed guess about the size: they're supposed to be identical (or very close, to the point of being dismissible on the toy), but the compromises, mechanism and esthetic choices on the toys made the YF-29 taller (for starters, the VF-27's hips don't swing down to a lower position).

Cool thanks for the reply, I figured the new height difference was due to technical reasons of the toy and not actually following any sort of cannon set from the movies about height and stuff. So it's safe to assume that the new VF-25's will also follow suite and be larger and on par with the new YF-29.

Dayum the 29 towers over the 27. :o I got a question for the dudes who have the 29. How does the mechanism for the 29 work to achieve the anime accurate crotch angle? Does it simply swing down and use a hinge, can it lock in place like that? Does it cheat like the 25 and 27?

Amazing photos as usual Swoosh. Thanks.

You mentioned that the SMS was painted...does this mean the paint is adhering to the plastics better?

Swoosh, fantastic pics as usual. You even capture all the beautiful panel lines that the 25/29 have (shame they don't come panel lined).

Heck, the 27 looks like a brick compared to the 29; now I want a V2 of the VF-27 too.

Also, how does the plastic feel? Will we get paint chipping?

Wow. Great pictures. I think those valks and the monster are what we were expecting when Bandai announced their intentions to get into the fray. Quite a stumble with those first versions... now they know not to let gundam designers handle macross products... lol.

gundam21309110329.jpg

Dayum the 29 towers over the 27. :o I got a question for the dudes who have the 29. How does the mechanism for the 29 work to achieve the anime accurate crotch angle? Does it simply swing down and use a hinge, can it lock in place like that? Does it cheat like the 25 and 27?

They dose swing half way down this time, they are metal and it has a peg to lock to the bottom of fuelsage, much much better then 25.

Both 29 and 27 on comprasion pic are sligntly mis-transformed(didn't know until I put it on the display stand), I forgot the pull out the crotch to shorten the over height of both, but I think the height difference remain the same even I have do so...

Amazing photos as usual Swoosh. Thanks.

You mentioned that the SMS was painted...does this mean the paint is adhering to the plastics better?

I was meant to say the logo on the display stand, but for overall paint job, I feel it will stick better than the previous DX because the plastic are less glossy on the 29, but I also handle it alot more carefully this time because of the bad experience from the 25s(I still like the testure on the v2 VF-1 more, Yamato is still the king of Macross toy),

The shoulder connector area are make of metal and it will still be easily scratched... pay attention when you handle it.

^_^

I was meant to say the logo on the display stand

Display stand of both DX VF-25F Super (Movie Color) and DX VF-25F Tornado are already painted like that, it's nothing new.

Anyway. great pictures! If not for landing gears and clear parts, fighter mode looks a lot like 1/100 model. And if a transformable toy can have similar proportion with non-transformable model, that's a good sign ^_^ .

Oh, as far as shared parts go.. I can easily see them reusing a good portion of the lower leg for the v.2 VF-25. I think the feet are identical, and the inner, upper, and lower portions of the lower leg look just about the same. Since those missile pods on the legs move, they could probably just replace those with a VF-25 accurate panel, and call it a VF-25 leg. Now, whether the leg would transform at the correct angles and attach high enough in fighter mode to look right on a VF-25 is another story.

Display stand of both DX VF-25F Super (Movie Color) and DX VF-25F Tornado are already painted like that, it's nothing new.

Anyway. great pictures! If not for landing gears and clear parts, fighter mode looks a lot like 1/100 model. And if a transformable toy can have similar proportion with non-transformable model, that's a good sign ^_^ .

Oh, I see, since I didn't get any DX except the 25G, very disappointed and have no interest to check out their detail, so I am quite outdated, haha. :D

That pic of the 29 with the 25 just makes the 25 look so freakin' sad. He looks like the jilopy red headed stepchild, the ugly duckling in a beautiful family.

so how much was the final total for this plus shipping from amiami?

man, I really hope we see production pics of a DX25 ver.2 or a Yamato blazer valk between now and Christmas, otherwise I'm gonna have to get a hold of one of these. dammit it's so pretty. :wacko:

so how much was the final total for this plus shipping from amiami?

man, I really hope we see production pics of a DX25 ver.2 or a Yamato blazer valk between now and Christmas, otherwise I'm gonna have to get a hold of one of these. dammit it's so pretty. :wacko:

Someone mentioned USD208