Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Sweet pic charger69! Mine just got shipped.....now, like someone said earlier, the waiting game begins...plus, I'm praying the customs is a little lenient next week since the shipment value went just over the treshhold.

Just one question; is the box the same quality like previous DX or better this time?

Sweet pic charger69! Mine just got shipped.....now, like someone said earlier, the waiting game begins...plus, I'm praying the customs is a little lenient next week since the shipment value went just over the treshhold.

Just one question; is the box the same quality like previous DX or better this time?

The answer is related to how much you like your "Valkirie" :D

Edited by charger69

The answer is related to how much you like your "Valkirie" :D

Off topic:

Suddenly it hits me; Valk is the abbreviation of VF-1 Valkyrie right? So...shouldn't VF25 Messiah be called Messi and VF27 Lucifer called Luci? And the YF29 Durandal as Durie? :lol:

Off topic:

Suddenly it hits me; Valk is the abbreviation of VF-1 Valkyrie right? So...shouldn't VF25 Messiah be called Messi and VF27 Lucifer called Luci? And the YF29 Durandal as Durie? :lol:

Off topic again:

Sounds like a Spanish soccer team players roster :D

Edited by charger69

Damn! Both are beautiful but very expensive.

My wallet can't handle more valkyries. I am switching to action figures. Hot Toys here I come!

Yeah, with all the love being heaped onto both I may have to bite the bullet and find some money for the 19.

I'd already broken down against my original "not that aesthetically pleasing" argument against the 29 and pre-ordered a few months ago. *shipping notice from AmiAmi about an hour ago.

However, about that Hot Toys statement - those things aren't cheap either so pick your poison!

Enjoy your man dolls. ^_^

Hey, hey - I have three, Iron Man Mark VI, War Machine and Machiko (the "she" Predator) and after only opening the Iron Man FIGURES I have to say these are closer to toy-models a-la Yamato than action figures or that phrase you used that I refuse to re-type. B))

-b.

Ok, it is awesome, I can't use my computer lately so no pictures, but maybe during the week I'll upload.

I cant believe I'll say this, but bandai's got me happy lol. Im in love, but on a quick note, be EXTREMELY CAREFULL it is really tricky to transform, handle it as if you were holding a yamato. The only thing I dont like is the pivoting engines, the feel soooo fragile.(>o<)

Yeah, Hot Toys figures are not cheap either but they don't surpass the US$200 mark as these new valkyries are costing. There was a time where I could buy these without hesitation but now, I will have to wait a year for a miracle sale or a scratch and dent offer from Hobby Link.

Yeah, Hot Toys figures are not cheap either but they don't surpass the US$200 mark as these new valkyries are costing. There was a time where I could buy these without hesitation but now, I will have to wait a year for a miracle sale or a scratch and dent offer from Hobby Link.

Iron man mk VI: $281US

Jack sparrow: $292US

Bruce Lee $210US

Superman: $281US

Captain America: $221US

good luck finding anything (licensed) from Hot Toys for under $200.

Yeah I wouldn't go by HLJ prices, there way off the mark. Angolz has the Superman one for $185 and even BBTS has it for under $200. Still these aren't cheap figures by any means.

http://www.angolz.com/store/superman-superman-collectible-figure-1-6th-hot-toys-mms152.html

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10351&mode=retail

Anyways back on topic I can't wait to get one and hopefully the Postal strike will be over soon I just wonder if Amiami will honor my pre-order or will I have to pay the normal price in which case I might have to think about it.

Edited by chen

Lucky for US customers Hot Toys has Sideshow Collectibles as a official distributor and prices are the same as you were buying in Hong Kong.

You can see that Sideshow has many of the Hot Toys figures under US$200 and with free shipping included. And like Yamato and Bandai, Hot Toys has improved the quality of its figures with a little increase in price but not that much.

Ok, enough for being out of topic. I will definitely pick the YF-29, it looks as nice as the VF-19. I'll just have to wait for a big sale in a year or so.

Picked mine up today; like some others was not interested in the design until right up to 2 weeks ago. Now that i have it, i'm glad i took the plunge. So many improvements over the VF-25, that i'm looking forward to Ver 2.0 despite myself buying all the Alto ver. DX toys and fast/armor packs :(

Only sore point so far is the price currently in HK, but luckily my supplier managed to squeeze me into his initial shipment with a bit of arm twisting (did not pre order).

It's such a sweet looking bird :)

IMG_0921.jpg

Edited by Supersylph

I used to heavily collect Valks. I gave up due to soaring prices and plummeting QC. I switched to HT, but have since given up due to soaring prices and plummeting QC. Now I'm back to valks :D Valks are great if you want little engineering marvels. HT is great if you want little people. Neither are toys.

That last picture really makes me want to get a VF-27! I doubt I'll be able to resist the VF-25G v2 if the improvements are all there. Why oh why does Frontier have to be such an enjoyable show?!?

Valks are great if you want little engineering marvels. HT is great if you want little people. Neither are toys.

Love this quote, Matt. Pretty much sum it all up. B))

Just love how Bandai managed to put all those gimmick in the Durandal. QC issues aside, I trust I really gonna enjoy playing with this example of 'little engineering marvel '.

Do the cockpits in the VF-25,27 and 29 rotate in battroid mode? Not on the toy but in the anime.

I believe they do rotate upright with the moniter rotating with them. This results in the canopy being situated behind the seat in battroid mode (at least, that is how it seemed in the anime). Beyond that, Alto was shown to get out of the battroid via the canopy in the first Macross Frontier movie, so that may be how they exit the battroid...

Guys just to point it out.

Most of the images I've posted here are from japanese-chinese forums/boards, and I don't want these images wasted there.

If not mentioned otherwise, most of the images I've posted here are not mine.

That's an amazing valkdesign, I love the way the turret adds possibilities to Gerwalk mode. Thank you for the sweet pics, Swoosh-san!

And the price on Amiami seemed right too so I'm very tempted to make this the first entry of my Mac Frontier collection.

Dobber, I'm sure it will get another release in a couple of months or so,that's what happened with the VF-27 or SOC GX-58 Yamato.