Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

from "order stop", it now says "July Restock" http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN968698

guess what the local shop here told me about restocks arriving in 2-3 weeks time is true... if i can scrounge up enough spare cash, i might just get this... damn all of you and your pics! :D

I think HLJ has been getting restock in small batches. Yesterday when I log into my account it says low stock. This morning it went back to order stop. Just check again and it now says low stock again. The status shown on your order is different from their website as I noticed when mine says low stock their website still shows as order stop.

Quick questions.

I haven't seen the film, and I'm wondering if there are other versions of this YF-29? Or possibly a VF-29? (Would like a YF-29 in a more military scheme?)

Also don't get why they went backwards with the cockpit layout, as the 27 was concealed and had that whole inner display?

HLJ is now discontinued!

HLJ - YF-29

Quick questions.

I haven't seen the film, and I'm wondering if there are other versions of this YF-29? Or possibly a VF-29? (Would like a YF-29 in a more military scheme?)

And please answer this question in a spoiler tag

Edited by charger69

I never understand why they do that. There's no way they'd end production of something that quickly, and they'll be getting more stock as it's produced. They just seem so jumpy to reach for that "discontinued" label before the company has even produced enough to pay for the molds. dry.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

Just received the payment request from HLJ. I managed to get my order in when the preorder reopened briefly before being marked as Discontinued.

Just check my status and it's being prepared for shipping. Same here as well as I put my preorder in when they reopened it briefly. Looks like HLJ managed to fulfill their preorders.

Just check my status and it's being prepared for shipping. Same here as well as I put my preorder in when they reopened it briefly. Looks like HLJ managed to fulfill their preorders.

Probably stock from the people who preordered but did not pay in time. I'm sure Bandai will make another run, the molds are pretty extensive with the number of parts on this toy.

Probably stock from the people who preordered but did not pay in time. I'm sure Bandai will make another run, the molds are pretty extensive with the number of parts on this toy.

Agreed. All the pre-orders plus any of the extras are sold out so you'll just have to wait for the next run.

This is the first run (i.e. 1st print) of the toy. It may be a few weeks before the 2nd run comes off the assembly line so you'll just have to wait. You can always e-mail HLJ and ask them if they know when they'll get the next batch, but don't be surprised if they're not sure.

I found that cause of the paint scratching off the sides of the head was a dual problem. One, the double jointed hinge for the piece the head is attached to is way too stiff, requiring a lot of force to get the head in and causing it to rub against surfaces. Two, the edges of the outer piece is too narrow and scrapes off the paint while you try to get the head down. Even if you know about it and try to get it down without it scraping, it seems nearly impossible to do so.

I ended up carving off a bit of plastic to give the red painted pieces at the sides of the head enough clearance.

post-10222-0-18279400-1309933224_thumb.jpg

I used a metallic silver gundam paint marker to touch up the paint (not shown above) and cover up the bare white plastic afterwards.

I need to get some decent lubricant to loosen the hinges. After disassembling and taking off the neck/collar piece, that sucker is still hard to move even without other parts getting in the way. Meanwhile, the metal left shoulder hinge flops around and can't even support the weight of the arm :angry:

I wish they'd just make the shoulder plastic and the same engineering as the models.

The upper thigh that connects to the crotch should all be plastic too. The weight of the diecast on the legs will eventually cause it to become loose especially with the way these are designed to transform. :(

Guest sh002

my order got messed up from a different online store all this time while i could have got it from amiami. anywhere i can still get this besides ebay? thanks.

YES!!! My preorder from BBTS finally came in and is now being processed for shipping!

my order got messed up from a different online store all this time while i could have got it from amiami. anywhere i can still get this besides ebay? thanks.

By the way, the YF-29 is also currently "In Stock" at BBTS. My total came to $234.18 after shipping...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN13691&mode=retail

Just got around to opening my package from Amiami and lo and behold, a scratch on the tampo printed "SMS007" on the right wing. All this talk about paint chips and modifications to avoid paint chips is really, really disappointing. You would think that Bandai has learned to use paint that is more resistant to scratching. Not impressed with Bandai's latest offering. It doesn't feel as solid as the Fire Valkyrie. Lesson learned: wait for the reviews to come out before buying Macross products from Bandai. Will post pics later.

Just got around to opening my package from Amiami and lo and behold, a scratch on the tampo printed "SMS007" on the right wing. All this talk about paint chips and modifications to avoid paint chips is really, really disappointing. You would think that Bandai has learned to use paint that is more resistant to scratching. Not impressed with Bandai's latest offering. It doesn't feel as solid as the Fire Valkyrie. Lesson learned: wait for the reviews to come out before buying Macross products from Bandai. Will post pics later.

So maybe sell it, there are people who is still looking to get one

Thanks Old Man!! I just placed my order!! Not too bad a price considering when it still came to a little over $200, even after the nice pre-order price, from the japanese vendors after shipping was calculated.

Chris

Thanks Old Man!! I just placed my order!! Not too bad a price considering when it still came to a little over $200, even after the nice pre-order price, from the japanese vendors after shipping was calculated.

Chris

No problem! I thought the price was decent as well. Plus, since BBTS is in the US, maybe they'd have an easier time supplying a replacement if it arrives defective (knock on wood).

It's not a scratch. It is basically a lack of paint because of the place of the "S" from SMS is on top of a panel line and couldn't be painted technically.

Everybody has the same "S" check others' photos...

xm1u1d.png

Edited by charger69

It's not a scratch. It basically a lack of paint because of the place of the "S" from SMS is on top of a panel line and couldn't be painted technically. Everybody has the same "S" check others' photos...

I thought I was the only one. :lol:

post-31-0-63634800-1310012069_thumb.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

It's not a scratch. It is basically a lack of paint because of the place of the "S" from SMS is on top of a panel line and couldn't be painted technically.

Everybody has the same "S" check others' photos...

xm1u1d.png

concurred...I thought it was a scratch at the beginning, but upon closer look, it's like what charger69 said...

concurred...I thought it was a scratch at the beginning, but upon closer look, it's like what charger69 said...

You're right. Took a look again and it isn't a paint chip. Thanks so much for the clarification, and really sorry about hitting the panic button too early