Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1..... complete!

Kurt

Well as some of you know I have been tied up on a project for the last couple months. Well here it is. A good customer of mine commissioned be to build his 1/2000 SDF-1. I figure I have about 80 - 90 hours in this thing. Overall it was not a bad build, just time consuming. I only had a few reference photos so I had to wing it a bit. As you will see there was one part missing. Actually they packaged two of the same hand. So for those of you brave enough to buy one of these that is something to watch out for. A replacement part is in the works. Let me know what you think... enjoy and thanks for looking!

post-498-127578558442_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578559764_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578561288_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578561984_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578562887_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578564233_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578565123_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578566116_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578567344_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578568478_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578569328_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578570242_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578571369_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578572856_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578573816_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578574779_thumb.jpg

post-498-127578575821_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurt

Nice Job but shouldn't the central body be down, and the cannons towards the back. Saw a youtube video of it with a guy transforming it. but your pictures does it justice it is huge bigger than that patio table there is no way I can fit that in my room I would have to sell everything to buy a new house. :huh:

Amazing work, looks fantastic, great job on the shading and highlighting on such a large object.

After seeing this, I can't wait for Yamato's mass-production SDF-1!

I think I just heard my wallet scream in fear of that prospect.

Amazing work, looks fantastic, great job on the shading and highlighting on such a large object.

I think I just heard my wallet scream in fear of that prospect.

My wallet screams too, but it's inevitably drowned out by the hypnotizing visions of a fully detailed SDF-1 sitting on my bookshelf.... Besides, the price should be significantly marked down from the web exclusive, being smaller in size and all. Shouldn't be much more than the cost of a 1/60 scale YF-19.

Edited by GU-11

Nice Job but shouldn't the central body be down, and the cannons towards the back. Saw a youtube video of it with a guy transforming it. but your pictures does it justice it is huge bigger than that patio table there is no way I can fit that in my room I would have to sell everything to buy a new house. :huh:

Yeah your probably right. I guess I didn't pay to much attention to the exact placement when I transformed it. Thanks everyone!

As you will see there was one part missing. Actually they packaged two of the same hand. So for those of you brave enough to buy one of these that is something to watch out for. A replacement part is in the works. Let me know what you think... enjoy and thanks for looking!

They gave you the wrong part... WHAT?!? How the hell does a $2000 model come with an incorrect part?

beautiful work putting it together though.

Edited by anime52k8

Astounding work, Kurt. This looks like quite a labor. Good pictures too. The guns are resting too low in Attack mode, but the model is so damn impressive, it's hard to dwell on it. I love the detail. Looking at it on that table, the model must be just huge!

Edited by Mr March

Thanks everyone. I also just realised that I forgot to take a picture of the feet thrusters. Will have to do that before it ships.

I will let the owner reveal himself if he so chooses.

Kurt customs are considered by many in macrossworld to be the pinnacle of macross collection pieces. THIS, though has got to be the number one!

I am totally blown away! The detail is absolutely superb. </Standing_Ovation>

Kurt,

Amazing job as usual.

When I visited Yamato's Tokyo HQ in April, they had a 1/2000 SDF-1 there that had been painted up especially for Kawamori-san. I've gotta say your paint job is far superior to the one that I saw.

In fact, I've just remembered I took a few photos of the one Yamato painted for Kawamori-san, so I've attached them for comparison.

Graham

post-11-127589979919_thumb.jpg

post-11-127589986534_thumb.jpg

post-11-127589994211_thumb.jpg

post-11-127590000829_thumb.jpg

post-11-127590003809_thumb.jpg

I heard that it's molded so that you can wire it up for lights... Did you happen to see the evidence of this?

Well I don't recall seeing anything that was obviously for lights. However I supoose it could be done with all of the hollow space available.

Graham - yeah that SDF looks a bit plain. You would think that Yamato would have really done it up. Well they can hire me to do another one for them. LOL

Well I don't recall seeing anything that was obviously for lights. However I supoose it could be done with all of the hollow space available.

Graham - yeah that SDF looks a bit plain. You would think that Yamato would have really done it up. Well they can hire me to do another one for them. LOL

The inside of both leg has a slot where battery and LED can be stored. Also, the thrusters are molded in transparent plastic, so it can be lid up... but it is alot of work.