Off the top of my head Nu, Hi-Nu, Unicorn, Sazabi, S Gundam, Xi, Penelope, Mk. III, Re-GZ

Xi, Penelope and mk III so obscure/unloved that they can't even get MG kits let alone something as massive as a PG and Re-GZ/S Gundam are only a small tear above that. A bazaar intermediate scale that doesn't line up with any Gundam kits wouldn't increase the likelihood of getting obscure units made at all and the few that would be popular enough to work at that scale would be better served just being made as PG kits.

DSC_0168-1.jpg

DSC_0167-1.jpg

Despite having built 3 Gundam kits, I know next to nothing about the different models other than the ones I built.

What's the name of this one? Yeah, the one with the red-and-black wings and the giant sword? Is it the Aille Striker or something? I'd like to build me one of these if I can still find it.

Nice collection of gunpla Kicker. How the heck do you find the time to paint all those models between running a business, doing 1/6 scale batman customs. and keeping up with Macross toys? They're not even simple kits either. You got a few PG scale kits that were obviously professionally airbrushed with pre/post shading. Man, those look good, especially the PG aile strike and PG MK-II.

I used to airbrush models but between work, keeping up with TF's and Macross, and guitar I have zero time to paint kits...I'm just content with snapping a few unicorn kits together and flat coating them these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited about the new NU - that is one of the best Gundams and I always felt the old MG kit to be somewhat lacking... I tried building it but was just totally unenthused about it. BIG Gundams deserve to be Katoki-designed Gundams because the bigger the thing is, the more realism it requires to be cool.

Pete

I was perfectly happy with the original MG version of the Nu-Gundam. It was the MG Hi-Nu that had me disappointed since it was actually smaller than the CCA version.

Are you just disappointed because it is shorter or are you directing this complaint at Bandai for doing so. Spec-wise the Hi-Nu is only 20 meters compared to the 22 of the Nu.

Funny, normally everybody complains about the Hi-Nu revamp (I like both variants equally).

As for the MG Nu Gundam, the thing I will miss the most will be those metal parts. It gives it a certain heft and durability.

But the proportions of it are pretty poor, especially when placed next to other MGs. So a renewal version definitely was needed.

Edited by lechuck

What's the best way to strengthen the wings on the MG Wing Zero Custom to hold poses better?

Why do you need to strengthen the wings? What poses are you having trouble with?

The only trouble I ever had with the MG Wing Zero Custom was that it couldn't hold the Beam Rifle in the palm of its' fist...

Wings were super sturdy for all poses.

Pete

The MSM-04N Acguy prototype is probably my favorite of all gundam designs. I have the tiny old kit and built it up hand painted. It is cute. But what are the chances of Bandai making a 1/100 MG kit of this? I have seen some people's customs and they look amazing.

http://modelrunner.net/chiba/uehara08/1.html

02.jpg

http://reggiocomics.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/msm-04n-agg-guy-hguc-1144-conversion-scans/

11.jpg

Why do you need to strengthen the wings? What poses are you having trouble with?

The only trouble I ever had with the MG Wing Zero Custom was that it couldn't hold the Beam Rifle in the palm of its' fist...

Pete

I am not doing anything too drastic but they do sag from various spread open poses and such.

Pete

Yeah My MGs have 0 issues of posing the wings and I have played around with them quite a bit. The PG forget about it. But I have over 3000 Polycaps which I will be putting on ebay soon and that is what you probably need.

20121007_122415.jpg

20121007_122444.jpg

20121007_122422.jpg

That MG Nu Gundam can already be considered the defacto reference for how good a kit is.

Annoying I won't have this over Christmas but rather earliest sometime mid January <_<

And if Bandai is clever they should capitalize on the Nu and make a HWS Armor version.

That kit (which is so bought) could have nigh-perfect color molding as the scheme is so simple and basically divided along the joint lines. I just hope Bandai goes with WHITE and BLACK, and not "light grey and navy blue" as they are so fond of. I do not want to have to repaint every square inch just to get the storm trooper look it should...