Possibly stupid question----will RG Zeta be transformable?

I imagine it will, and that's kind of scary.

I was just about to get around to building HGUC Zeta Gundam - I admit I paused and wondered whether I should opt for RG instead but...naaaaah...

Pete

HGUC Zeta is a perfectly good High grade kit from like 2003. (I'll be honest, I kind of dig the bazaar parts swapping sled transformation HG gundams use.)

Holy newtypes, who needs a VF-4 in December!!!?

Master Grade RX-93 Nu Gundam Ver. Ka

Absolutely fantastic news, my all time favourite Gundam finally gets the re-newal treatment.

I am so getting multiples of this. Oh the joy!!! 016.gif

post-4055-0-87708500-1345659020_thumb.jpg post-4055-0-23437900-1345659029.jpg

Next Bandai has to help me put tick marks on V2, Xi and Mk. III

Only a single shade of blue and red? While I feel the RG RX-78-2 has way too much contrast between the two shades of blue, I think Zeta would look awesome with a "middle" and "darker" shade of blue.

You can always repaint those sections.

Hopefully the Nu gets updated articulation

- shoulder movement

- torso joint

- leg twist, e.g. like Zeta or Mk. II

- double jointed knees

- split feet

One thing I do already feel sad about though is that the metal parts will probably be ditched for the new version.

This one I will stay clear from. My PG and MG V2 are still a mess to transform and there is no way I am even going to try with a RG

Sorry Love the line but not this, I will want to see a Metal Build of the zeta!

This. How hard would it be for them to make some changes to the zeta plus mold and pump out a new metal composite? Cmon Bandai, I've been waiting for years! And make that Banshee metal composite while you're at it.

This. How hard would it be for them to make some changes to the zeta plus mold and pump out a new metal composite? Cmon Bandai, I've been waiting for years! And make that Banshee metal composite while you're at it.

Metal composite is dead as a line and metal build is completely pointless and not nearly as good. Also, a GFFMC Zeta would completely defeat the point of GFF as a line.

I still like the idea of MG Nu Gundam ver ka and I still need to get MG heavy arms, but the more I think about it the more I'm disinterested in larger Gundams both in model and toy form. I Just don't have the time or energy to fully paint and decal model kits much anymore; and I don't have the money to afford lots of big expensive figures/kits. And frankly, I don't have enough room for 1/100 scale and larger Gundams any more unless I were to buy more display cases, reorganize a bunch of stuff and probably get rid of quite a few things which again would take more time, energy and money that I've got right now.

At this point, I'm finding Real Grade to be much more interesting as a model kit line. It's got the fine detail and complexity of MG's that make the build process fun while being cheaper and not demanding the labor intensive paint and detailing steps. They're also the fact that it's smaller. And when it comes with toys, I'm having way more fun with Robot Damashii than any other line, they're not supremely detailed but unlike GFF I can actually play with them and enjoy it.

Edited by anime52k8

The metal composite line is dead? I hope that's not true. I mean the GMMC gundam the origin version just came out last year. Oh well, better get busy building an MG banshee.

Edited by mass driver

That's what I read. But still---I want it! Clear parts don't do it, I want an internally-illuminated mode Unicorn. (preferably transformable, but I fear transforming and internal wiring/lighting just don't go together)

Last I heard, Bandai neither confirmed nor denied a PG Unicorn. However it was understood that a light up gimmick would be expected.

This craziness is about all I could dig up:

http://otakurevolution.com/content/gunpla-rumor-time-pg-unicorn

I'd be more confident if this wasn't the only site on the internet that reported this, but hey, it's something

As for the light up feature, I'd really be fine even without it, but I think for something as grand as a perfect grade, it'd be akin to an expectation. Imagining the wiring is terrifying though...

Edited by Archer

(preferably transformable, but I fear transforming and internal wiring/lighting just don't go together)

Leader class movieverse TF's transform fine with built-in lighting, and even voice chips--albeit at the cost of screen-accurate proportions, but that's beside the point.

That said, having to assemble your own transforming toy with said lights and wiring is a different story altogether. Even with Yamato's 1/60 V2 VF-1 DIY kits that have no lighting gimmicks, I've heard more than a few reports of customers screwing up the built--usually the shoulder hinges.

Edited by GU-11

Leader class movieverse TF's transform fine with built-in lighting,

No they don't. They have one or two LED's in the head and maybe chest. Gundams have had that for years. And that's not what I (or most others I suspect) expect from a PG Unicorn. Those are light-up heads, not light-up armor.

I pretty much want every single red bit to glow. Might need massive amounts of lightpiping and fiberoptics, or nano-SMD LEDs all throughout to make it happen. Not just the torso, but the arms and legs, right to the tips. Anything less isn't worth it---otherwise you could just throw a big LED in the middle of the HG kit (like many have).

No they don't. They have one or two LED's in the head and maybe chest. Gundams have had that for years. And that's not what I (or most others I suspect) expect from a PG Unicorn. Those are light-up heads, not light-up armor.

I pretty much want every single red bit to glow. Might need massive amounts of lightpiping and fiberoptics, or nano-SMD LEDs all throughout to make it happen. Not just the torso, but the arms and legs, right to the tips. Anything less isn't worth it---otherwise you could just throw a big LED in the middle of the HG kit (like many have).

Oh, PG UNICORN...damn, I gotta learn to pay more attention when reading posts. Could have sworn I read PG AGE or something else, which led me to think more along the lines of LED chests and eyes like MG Exia.

In that case, yeah, it's going to be one massive undertaking in both designing AND building the kit.

Hahah, yeah, I've lost count of the times I've seen pics of Millenium Falcons and Enterprises all lighted up like Christmas trees in modelers' site.

If they do go with the fiber optics and lights for the Unicorn, it'll probably be too much for a modeler of my mediocre skills. The only things I'm familiar with lighting up are cigarettes. :p

How many MS's are there that are over 20.0 meters AND popular enough to warrant a PG size model kit? The RG line as it is makes much better sense from a marketing stand point than an odd scale (for Gundam) jumbo kit line anyways.