That kit (which is so bought) could have nigh-perfect color molding as the scheme is so simple and basically divided along the joint lines. I just hope Bandai goes with WHITE and BLACK, and not "light grey and navy blue" as they are so fond of. I do not want to have to repaint every square inch just to get the storm trooper look it should...

For that, you would need to have told the people at the 52nd All Japan Model Show to ASK Bandai about the color scheme on top of snapping pics of the prototype.

TBH, I think Turn A looks best with a really even grey panel lines and no other weathering. If you keep them thin but consistent it really replicates Turn A's distinctive line art.

And getting back to tallgesse, IMO proper colors should be bone white and a really dark slate grey. not 100% black but more like 85~90%. And I seriously hope they include water slide decals to do the big eagle crest on the shield.

And getting back to tallgesse, IMO proper colors should be bone white and a really dark slate grey. not 100% black but more like 85~90%. And I seriously hope they include water slide decals to do the big eagle crest on the shield.

That'd be fine--just not GREY AND BLUE like every other version tends to be.

Question: "What was your favorite Gundam from the Gundam AGE Series?"

Question: "What was your favorite Gundam from the Gundam AGE Series?"

Results:

Gundam AGE-2 Normal/Double Bullet/SP Colors (50.25%)

- Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound (20.78 %)

- Gundam AGE-FX (6.55%)

- Gundam Legilis (5.58%)

- Gundam AGE-1 Flat/Gransa (4.77%)

- Gundam AGE-3 Normal/Fortress/Orbital (4.15%)

- Gundam AGE-1 Normal/Titus/Spallow (3.79%)

I admit, I did like AGE-2's design out of that whole lackluster series.

I'd really like to see comparison pictures between the first MG Nu Gundam and the new kit before I decide if it's really worth it buying a third 1/100 scale Nu Gundam. I actually have the original 1/100 scale Nu Gundam from 1988. It was actually the first Gundam model that I ever built.

• 4 weeks later...

Bandai Hobby Division: New Gunpla Releases (2013)

RG 1/144 Destiny Gundam (Release Date: Spring 2013, Price: TBA)

HG 1/144 Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd L (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 1700 yen)

HGUC 1/144 Gundam Ez-8 (Release Date: Apr 2013, Price: 1600 yen)

HGUC 1/144 MS-06R Zaku II Black Tri-Star Custom (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 1600 yen)

HG 1/144 Perfect Strike Gundam (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 1700 yen)

HGUC 1/144 Jesta Cannon (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 2000 yen)

!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>> MG 1/100 Jesta (Release Date: Spring 2013, Price: 4500 yen) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<!!!!!

SD Gundam BB Senshi Banshee (Release Date: Mar 2013)

SD Gundam BB Senshi Delta Plus w/ Base Jabber (Release Date: Mar 2013)

banana.gif

This thread is laking something Nu...

Eventhough the amor seperation is non-canon, it still is a pretty cool feature. Now all those clear bits in the inner frame makes sense.

And best of all it does not seem to distort proportions like the RX-0 in NT-D mode!

Clear-clear, or like clear-green or something? Are they ret-conning it to be quasi-Unicorn-ish?

Not that I have any spare cash for anything right now, but I wish they re-released the Aile Striker. Really like the design, but sadly missed out on it.

MG? To be honest, I'm expecting Bandai to release a ver2 of the Aile Striker. Given that all the other GAT models have been released, it should be straightforward for Bandai to make use of exisiting parts, particularly from the Duel Gundam!

I've got both MG Aile Strike and Freedom, itching to build them but can't shake off the feeling that the moment I start, Bandai will announce a ver2 Aile or Freedom. Just look at the detail in the Metal Build freedom vs the MG Freedom!

Is it me, or does the gun look totally screwy in that painting?

yeah, at the angle it's being held, it either can't actually be in it's hand, or the stock is meshing through it's arm.

that said, the visible green psyco-frame is pretty awesome, I'm digging this kit even more now. Of course, now we're going to need an MG "Ver. Ka" Sazabi to go with this. :p

MG? To be honest, I'm expecting Bandai to release a ver2 of the Aile Striker. Given that all the other GAT models have been released, it should be straightforward for Bandai to make use of exisiting parts, particularly from the Duel Gundam!

I've got both MG Aile Strike and Freedom, itching to build them but can't shake off the feeling that the moment I start, Bandai will announce a ver2 Aile or Freedom. Just look at the detail in the Metal Build freedom vs the MG Freedom!

Was the one that was released a non-grade? I don't quite remember. Anyways, a V2 would be awesome.

I got a non-grade Strike Freedom as a gift once, and it looks horrible compared to the MG version.

They just annouced the V.2 Strike actually, spring release.

Awesome news. Hope they don't release it TOO early; still got some pre orders coming early next year.

Clear-clear, or like clear-green or something? Are they ret-conning it to be quasi-Unicorn-ish?

Early pics it showed it as clear-clear. I am guessing it is green now because of the LED doing its thing.

As for ret-conning, it is been awhile since I saw CCA but I think the Nu did glow at the end. But there was never any armor seperation.

Ver.Ka are quasi official, think RX-78-2, don't like the "gummy" animation version then you can replace with the contemporary one. It is excepted.

Sinanju Stein is a welcome suprise, gives me hope we will get Delta Gundam.

And some more pics... (Bandai's on a roll here)

MG Aile Strike [HD Remaster]

318925_559054670777117_269663196_n.jpg

MG Jesta

g016.jpg

MG Age-FX

e036.jpg

MG Age-3

e038.jpg

Early pics it showed it as clear-clear. I am guessing it is green now because of the LED doing its thing.

As for ret-conning, it is been awhile since I saw CCA but I think the Nu did glow at the end. But there was never any armor seperation.

Ver.Ka are quasi official, think RX-78-2, don't like the "gummy" animation version then you can replace with the contemporary one. It is excepted.

Sinanju Stein is a welcome suprise, gives me hope we will get Delta Gundam.

There's no way they would do a Sinanju Stein and then NOT do a Delta Gundam. They're both obscure backstory mecha and both are easy remolds of existing MG's, but Deta is way more popular/well known than Stein. I think this one's coming first just because the MG Sinanju mold has been around longer.

BTW, I hope when this comes out that they fix the shitty shield connection piece from the original Sinanju. That's literally the only thing wrong with that kit is how completely stupid the design of the shield connector is.

They just annouced the V.2 Strike actually, spring release.

Wow! (re)Buy! The MG ver 1 was good for its time, but against the newer releases it looked kinda lacking in detail. Ver2 is great!

Also, I just noticed the announcement of a HG Perfect Strike... MG Perfect Strike would make sense too.

Was never a fan of the Nu Gundam, but that ver Ka looks amazing...

Definitely not liking the retcon armor separation on the Nu. It's not the Unicorn dammit, and it doesn't need such an inaccurate gimmick. It's one thing to sharpen the edges and up the panel lining like he usually does as long it still looks right, but it's another to add a feature that doesn't even belong to the suit.

The psychoframe does give off a glow at the end, but nothing like this. Kills some of my enthusiasm for it which had gone up when the finished product started to look a lot more CCA than the early prototypes, which were an over detailed and edged mess, suggested. Thankfully it looks like it hides well.

Is it too much to ask for a nice kit that actually looks like what's in the show? Wouldn't bug me so much if the previous kit weren't so old and have so many naysayings or if Nu wasn't my favorite and I sorely need a good kit of her.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

RG gouf first please Bandai! I like the idea of the nu gundam having a prototype version of the inner psychoframe the Unicorn eventually gets. Be interesting to see if the sazabi gets a re-release with the same gimmick. It should still be a good kit MM just don't move the sliding pieces to reveal the glowing green underneath.

So after seeing my friends WIP PG Astray Red and in the process of watching Zeta Gundam for the first time, I have a RG Zeta on the way. After this one, I may try out a HG, MG, or even PG plamodel next. The RG won't be here anytime soon though as it is in my HLJ private warehouse waiting on the VF-4G to be released.

I second the RG Gouf!