What reputation do this "elyn hobby products" people have and where can I buy this?

Last I heard Bandai was FINALLY making the Robot Spirits version. I've read that the MG 1/100 was canned because they had troubles with the weight of the wings so this version would just be a statue like the other resin version floating around, right?

Their design looks amazing and very detailed but I don't think they could make a durable kit where Bandai could not.

They are the new kid on the block. They have videos posted of the upcoming Ksh. No release date or pricing as of yet. Im guessing it will be around 150 or 200 dollar mark since this is a 3PC of Gunpla of sorts and they need to price according to distribution. It looks good and the prototype seems to stand on its own. It definitely has all of the feature of a MG and plus.

Looking forward to it and will be getting it once they get a release date in Jan

Um ok

A panel pen is your friend and so to is Mr. Super Clear UV flat coat oh dont forget to call Samuel Decal. He is a nice guy

I actually did panel line it, I guess the lighting and photo editing just blurred that. Painting, even flat coating, is just something I don't have time for. As for decals, Zero is one Gundam I prefer to leave without them :-) I like decals on my Zeta era Gunpla, but not on 0079 or Wing... not really sure why this is...

Pete

I saw the Nu Gundam Ka was out and I never gritted my teeth in temptation as hard on a Gundam kit ever till now.

I read you. But I won't take a bite at that apple untill HLJ, or another online retailer, has a sizable sale or shipping discount -- around 40%+ of the item's price hefty to send it my way... No deal.

Edited by mechaninac

post-2350-0-77497400-1357697328_thumb.jpgpost-2350-0-06499400-1357697370_thumb.jpgpost-2350-0-13071400-1357697430_thumb.jpg

First time truly completing a model including all decals (minus a few I messed up) and paneling

Thumbs up

Mine is still in its box. Will get to it this weekend

I did build the RG Zeta. Now while the mechanics are stellar for a 1/144 figure and overall the proportions are good and it can A STAND without toppling, there were times during the build process I wanted to rip my hair out. I wouldnt wish this kit on my worst enemy. The inner frame isn't so much an inner frame like the other RG as much as its foundation to which the armor sits on. The B Sprue you literally build piece by laborious piece unlike the RX-78 or others that came before it. I am dreading the panel lining and stickering process. :wacko: I also would not suggested transforming it. Again the mechanics are amazing but they dont work at this scale with Gunpla plastic all to well. Its best you get two then. Otherwise know what format you want and stick with it. But the poses you can pull with it. OH MY. This is where its superior to the PG and MG grades. Did I mention it can stand???

20130109_213534.jpg

20130109_213600.jpg

20130109_213631.jpg

Edited by slaginpit

What a coincidence :-) I just finished HGUC Zeta. This, the MKII and RX78 are the only ones I have both HGUC and MG for. They are so iconic to me and I need them in multiple scales for my photocomics.

I still haven't tried RG. I might get some Seed mecha in that category one day..although probably not. Anyways, the picture is shoddy quality, so don't judge a book by its pixel count:-)

post-4621-0-83602500-1357807981_thumb.jpg

What a coincidence :-) I just finished HGUC Zeta. This, the MKII and RX78 are the only ones I have both HGUC and MG for. They are so iconic to me and I need them in multiple scales for my photocomics.

I still haven't tried RG. I might get some Seed mecha in that category one day..although probably not. Anyways, the picture is shoddy quality, so don't judge a book by its pixel count:-)

That is the problem with HG kits. PROPORTION. Look at the zeta, it looks like it has Tom Platz syndrome. The other issue is that if you want to do a wide A stance you cant do it without it looking like its standing its tiptoes. HG kits are un-proportional and therefore to me at least awkward looking

• 2 weeks later...

not at all surprised. oddly ambivalent about it too, I love tallgeese as a design but there's something oddly uncompelling about tallgeese II that makes me not want to go and track down the expensive web exclusive releases it does get.

They're also doing Amuro's White Zeta with the RG mold---but it's way too pink.

(I'll accept Char in a pink mech, but not Amuro) :D

It was just Amuros experimental phase before he became a manly man :p I'm not sure which RG Zeta I want, both versions look great. The only thing turning me away from the Amuro custom is all the seals/stickers I'll have to carefully put on since they don't provide extras.