From this month's Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan:

MG 1/100 Marasai (Release Date: May 2012, Price: 4000 yen)

MG 1/100 Blitz Gundam (Release Date: Jun 2012, Price: 4000 yen)

RG 1/144 Justice Gundam (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 2500 yen)

HGUC 1/144 Zaku Marine (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 1400 yen)

HGUC 1/144 Base Jaber [uC Ver.] (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 1000 yen)

P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: MG 1/100 Ballute System (Price: 1470 yen)

P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 GM III Desert Color [uC Ver.] (Price: 1575 yen)

P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Geara Doga [Full Frontal Ver.] (Price: 2000 yen)

Gundam UC Episode 5 'The Black Unicorn' Theatrical Exclusive HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee NT-D Mode Clear Ver. (Price: 1900 yen)

P-Bandai Online Shop Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Jesta Tri-Star Clear Ver. (Pre-Order Begins: Apr 16th 2012, Release Date: Jun 2012, Price: 1575 yen)

-Bandai Online Shop Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Delta Plus Innerspace Clear Ver. (Pre-Order Begins: Apr 16th 2012, Release Date: Jun 2012, Price: 2400 yen)

HG 1/144 M1 Astray (Release Date: Aug 2012, Price: 1400 yen)

Unconfirmed/Tenative dates

July 2012

HGUC 1/144 Byarlant Custom

MG 1/100 Gundam AGE-2 Normal

Aug 2012

HGUC 1/144 Aqua GM [uC Ver.]

HGUC 1/144 Hambrabi

They're really cranking out those AGE mobile suits aren't they. Already 4 Master Grades (more coming of course) and the second third of the series has just finished....

I'm excited for that Master Grade Blitz though. Will probably be my first Master Grade [that I paint]. Hope to paint it with spray paints and flat coat as a first....

Edited by Archer

• 2 weeks later...

The way I do it to use a sprue cutter, any brand will do but I swear by my Plato 170 shears, to cut the part off the tree with the flat part of the cutter facing away from the model surface whenever the geometry allows in order to guarantee a small nub remains on the model, then I use a #11 exacto blade to trim the left over sprue bit off to make the surface nice and flush by slicing at it instead of pushing the blade through... that way you mostly avoid stress marking the plastic; finish off with jewlers' files and/or sanding and polishing sticks and you're done.

The tamiya sharp pointed side cutter 74035 is what I use. Probably a little overpriced (most tamiya products are..) but I swear by it. You never get any nubs left over with it if you cut it flush with the plastic part. It's so sharp that it hardly stress marks the plastic.

• 3 weeks later...

So...other than re-building a Turn-A-Gundam MG kit (my old one had a messed up panel lining job), I've gone and jumped into HGUC - starting with the Psycho Gundam, the O, a GM Space Commander and the Mass Production Guncannon :-)

And to think I was initially considering buying some Transformers to restart my TF collection....

Pictures/reviews when the stuff is ready...

Pete

So...other than re-building a Turn-A-Gundam MG kit (my old one had a messed up panel lining job), I've gone and jumped into HGUC - starting with the Psycho Gundam, the O, a GM Space Commander and the Mass Production Guncannon :-)

And to think I was initially considering buying some Transformers to restart my TF collection....

Pictures/reviews when the stuff is ready...

Pete

Glad to see your still building. Im not into 1/144 scale tho, to little detail for me unless its real grade

Started to build my MG Heavy Arms, and hopefully finish MG Dual Assault Shroud and Age 1 normal by the end of the weekend. I now have a supplier that I met on ebay years ago and made an arragement for pre-payment every month for every MG Gundam at a good discount.

As for transformers you really should get into Third party. Some great stuff coming out. I have several already and the best is my TFC devastator with the Maketoys green version on pre-order

Not to de-rail the thread - but yeah...I actually have looked at the third party stuff and it looks like the perfect answer to all my prayers...but soooo damn expensive...still certainly very very cool :-)

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

My first HGUC in...wait lemme count...FIVE YEARS! Wow... But the-O just doesn't warrant an MG version unless people like big bulk. It's just not a complex enough mecha design. It's basic one trick is the saber-claws under the skirt - nothing more... There's really nothing "cool" to work into the bigger MG model - so the HG version is perfect.

33bhd74.jpg

Pete

I'm not a Gundam fan, but do like a few of the mecha designs - a lot. Like the O, Sazabi and Jagd Doga.

One other I really liked was the Marasai. I followed the conversion kits for a while but never pulled the trigger.

But then I saw a MG Marasai was coming out and was pretty stoked to see it. Then I saw it. Hmmm - maybe its line art accurate, but comparing the Conversion Kit and MG pics side by side I really like the smaller head look of the conversion kit.

The conversion kit just looks cooler IMO - thoughts?

Do hope they do the Jagd Doga MG though...

I was also initially excited about the MG Marsai - but ultimately the fact that it's the same inner frame as the Zaku II/Gouf made me say "meh" - I'll end up getting the HGUC probably...

For now I'm aiming to get the Asshimar :-)

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Bandai REALLY needs to make a GFFMC Banshee out of the unicorn mold they have.

+1

I just bought the GFFMC Unicorn Prism Coating ver two days ago, so I'll finally own this great Metal Composite.

The Banshee should be a given.

• 2 weeks later...

To quote that marine guy from Starcraft II "Its about goddamned time!" You think somebody at Bandai reads this thread and saw the comment I made or came to the same realization about how the hell an Aqua GM got released before the Sniper II?

I will say this though, it needs the White Dingo half shield, and rifle as additional parts.

It's sexy and it knows it.

1a.jpg

Feel like getting 23 of these... one for each year the ULTIMATE GM was introduced, and we were failed to see a model (resin doesn't count) of this :p .

Wow, this one does look good. Here's hoping though that BANDAI will put it out someday in the MG scale.

It's sexy and it knows it.

1a.jpg

Feel like getting 23 of these... one for each year the ULTIMATE GM was introduced, and we were failed to see a model (resin doesn't count) of this :p .

Hell ya. About time.

• 2 weeks later...

And Just finished my RG Freedom. Man oh man the decals whew But its a beaut.

Pre-colored, a little Panel Lining, decals and a flat coat its 1000000x better than a RD and cheaper too. I actually like it more than my MG and metal build.

20120731_140717.jpg

20120731_140659.jpg

20120731_140650.jpg

20120731_140639.jpg

20120731_140627.jpg

Maybe it's just me but MG Aegis looks a little too pointy....busy:

201207171917168f5.jpg

IM IN LOVE!

BTW where do I buy one of these 1/1 scale Gundams?

3847870941_d56ce1d4dd_b.jpg

3848658250_f06e7f4e6b_b.jpg

And Just finished my RG Freedom. Man oh man the decals whew But its a beaut.

Pre-colored, a little Panel Lining, decals and a flat coat its 1000000x better than a RD and cheaper too. I actually like it more than my MG and metal build.

But can you play with it like an RD?

Absolutely

Very Very Durable

Unless they've made utterly amazing, leaps-and-bounds improvements over the RX-78-2 RG, I kind of doubt that. The first gundam/Zaku Real Grades were impressive kits but they are unbelievably fragile, like look at them funny while building and they break fragile. They also fall apart constantly after they've been built.

Unless they've made utterly amazing, leaps-and-bounds improvements over the RX-78-2 RG, I kind of doubt that. The first gundam/Zaku Real Grades were impressive kits but they are unbelievably fragile, like look at them funny while building and they break fragile. They also fall apart constantly after they've been built.

Well I have posed my numerous times and had no issues. I will admit the strike and the freedom are solild. On top of the rather plain RD versions you get a ton more "Real" detail than you would get in a RD figure. I have found the MGs to be more fragile. I dont man handle my collectables and actually dont play with them. I will pose them from time to time and put them away.

Well I have posed my numerous times and had no issues. I will admit the strike and the freedom are solild. On top of the rather plain RD versions you get a ton more "Real" detail than you would get in a RD figure. I have found the MGs to be more fragile. I dont man handle my collectables and actually dont play with them. I will pose them from time to time and put them away.

I'll back him up on this, I built the RG RX-178 and was amazed by how solid it was despite the size. Its fun to build, pose able and packs a lot of cool details in such a small frame. My only complaint is that the 4 backpack boosters tend to fall off since they are on tiny ball joints but that is nothing a bit of glue wont fix.

• 2 weeks later...