Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I'm not faulting anyone for thinking the other company is Yamato. But read what you quoted again. It's pretty clear that there are two companies discussed and a third party (the contractor). There's no relationship there between the two companies (Bandai and Yamato) other than the fact they both have used the same contractor. If Al dates Marie and breaks up with her, then Bruce dates Marie, it's not right to say that Al has dated Bruce.

Just so we're all clear, I never meant to imply a Bandai/Yamato relationship. I think most people get that. These big companies outsource aspects of the toy creation. There's usually nothing stopping two big brand names you've heard of from getting help from the same individuals you probably haven't heard of.

I'm not faulting anyone for thinking the other company is Yamato. But read what you quoted again. It's pretty clear that there are two companies discussed and a third party (the contractor). There's no relationship there between the two companies (Bandai and Yamato) other than the fact they both have used the same contractor. If Al dates Marie and breaks up with her, then Bruce dates Marie, it's not right to say that Al has dated Bruce.

Just so we're all clear, I never meant to imply a Bandai/Yamato relationship. I think most people get that. These big companies outsource aspects of the toy creation. There's usually nothing stopping two big brand names you've heard of from getting help from the same individuals you probably haven't heard of.

This is my fault, I said "yamdai" as a joke and I think some people read that and got the wrong idea.

If Al dates Marie and breaks up with her, then Bruce dates Marie, it's not right to say that Al has dated Bruce.

but it WOULD be right to say that Bruce has had sex with Al... I don't know what that has to do with the discussion though.

maybe the other Macross product making company in question is Toynami? :ph34r:

No worries, and I can also see where anyone skimming my review might have gotten the impression... hopefully I've just dabbed a bit more light on it before it becomes something even more grand through the Internet game of telephone.

No worries, and I can also see where anyone skimming my review might have gotten the impression... hopefully I've just dabbed a bit more light on it before it becomes something even more grand through the Internet game of telephone.

It is very much appreciated.

And I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Bandai/Yamato hires contractors for assistance in developing a toy. Even with the old 1/55, Takatoku had Matsushiro do the drafting work.

Just also to clarify. What I meant to say is that when the 3rd party contractor has worked for anotheR producer of high end macross toys, people would naturally think Yamato, and from there people connotes a clear toy design lineage.

Of course, nothing wrong with that and it is common for different Companies to sub-contract to the same people in the industry

Looks whiter than the super parts bundle version or is it just the lighting?

Definitely white, like in the series. Makes you wonder what's the deal with the super parts bundle (movie version) in light blue then...? So where do we go with the Tornado messiah? Did Alto's eventually decided that he liked white better in the movie? I like the movie version of Alto, but would've preferred to have the original colors anytime.

Definitely white, like in the series. Makes you wonder what's the deal with the super parts bundle (movie version) in light blue then...? So where do we go with the Tornado messiah? Did Alto's eventually decided that he liked white better in the movie? I like the movie version of Alto, but would've preferred to have the original colors anytime.

notice that the head laser is movie colors , metallic joints, But the knee color is TV colors.

so it's movie+tv colors?

My VF-27 has been on a flexi (in F-Mode w/ beam cannon attached) for the last several days.

One leg is behind the back of the gunpod (right underneath the shield), the other two legs are just to the sides of the intakes.

No balancing problems whatsoever.

Thanks! I tried it that way and it seems to be balancing nicely. Looks pretty good too since I was able to get the nose pointing up further than I had it the other way.

Maybe the blue one was Gilliam's or one of the other ones that Alto went through. And the Tornado was the replacement...

Maybe the blue one was Gilliam's or one of the other ones that Alto went through. And the Tornado was the replacement...

Nay, I think the bluish one is for the planet Pandora. But then Kawamori realised he's no James Cameron and decided to switch back to the original color

Got my VF-27 today, awesome piece. The sculpt is spectacular all over. I own a few Yammies, but the Bandai DX stuff is just so much more nicer.

I guess that depends on what Yamato stuff you have. The DXes are nice, but not V2 VF-1 nice.

If the crotch on a DX toy is loose that can be fixed with a piece of paper or any one of a number of simple household remedies. All you need to do is stiffen up a connection. If the shoulder explodes on Your Yammie you're stuck with an armless battroid.

Even worse, they have crotch issues.

I'd rather my shoulder explode than have crotch issues.

They have pills now to treat such issues with your nether regions.

Even worse, they have crotch issues.

I'd rather my shoulder explode than have crotch issues.

Ah... someone who shares similar sentiments...

I literally had to resort to "implants" to firm up the filmsy crotchs of the VF-25s. They can finally now stand upright on their own :lol::lol:

If the crotch on a DX toy is loose that can be fixed with a piece of paper or any one of a number of simple household remedies. All you need to do is stiffen up a connection. If the shoulder explodes on Your Yammie you're stuck with an armless battroid.

you can also fix your exploding cancer causing shoulders with common household objects. But whatever, yes, all yamato shoulders explode and kill small woodland creatures and when children eat the bits and pieces it causes autism and at night your yamato toys conspire to form an army of one armed mechs and form death panels where they hold down Bandai's and chip the paint off of them.

you can also fix your exploding cancer causing shoulders with common household objects. But whatever, yes, all yamato shoulders explode and kill small woodland creatures and when children eat the bits and pieces it causes autism and at night your yamato toys conspire to form an army of one armed mechs and form death panels where they hold down Bandai's and chip the paint off of them.

Don't forget using the broken arm as a club to beat to death babies and saintly grandmothers.

I guess that depends on what Yamato stuff you have. The DXes are nice, but not V2 VF-1 nice.

I prefer my VF-25 Alto with full armor and my VF-27 over my 1/60 VF-11C or VE-1 (and all my other 1/60 and 1/48 figures actually). Unfortunately, Yammies don't feel as nice as they look.

Although I haven't seen the movie yet, I have all the movie guide books (3 or 4 of them) and none of the screen shots in the books show the VF-25 with a blue tint.

I strongly suspect that the whole blue tint thing was Bandai's idea, nothing to do with the movie and they just slapped the movie label on it to try and get it to sell. Why on earth they thought people would actually like the blue tint is beyond me.

Graham

Although I haven't seen the movie yet, I have all the movie guide books (3 or 4 of them) and none of the screen shots in the books show the VF-25 with a blue tint.

I strongly suspect that the whole blue tint thing was Bandai's idea, nothing to do with the movie and they just slapped the movie label on it to try and get it to sell. Why on earth they thought people would actually like the blue tint is beyond me.

Graham

Yea I was watching a trailer for the movie and the fast packdidnt look that blue.

Graham

I'm guessing they wanted to make a collectible so that people would buy a second Alto....but people thought the colour was stupid.

Which is why I got a fastpack vf-25f WITH fast packs AND a stand for clearance prices.

I'm guessing they wanted to make a collectible so that people would buy a second Alto....but people thought the colour was stupid.

Which is why I got a fastpack vf-25f WITH fast packs AND a stand for clearance prices.

Hmmm, I actually like the blue tint of the valk. The armor is a little too blue but not bad. The deal hunter in me bought the alto super parts set and thinks its just dandy. I put the fast pack on and all. Looks way better in person that pictures. The purist in me is eventually gonna get a normal colored white alto...to go with the heavy armor set i just got a good deal (deal hunter for life!!!) on. Damnit...bandai got me. haha.

Actually bandai would REALLY get me if they release a dx chogokin VF-171 nightmare plus with the anti vajra attachments...i'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Just got my VF-27 yesterday and already the paint in the nosecone chipped... was done during transformation as the nosecone / chest area is pretty tight. Then I remember

reading about applying a clearcoat on it first (doh!)

I don't do well with paint / markers so I just removed all the remaining (pink) paint off the nosecone...now I have a variant. Other than this issue (which is now fixed), the toy

is great...

When I get my Grace, I fully intend to open the box, apply Future to the nosecone, and let it sit for the rest of the day. Then probably apply a second coat. THEN take it out of the styrofoam and transform it for the first time.

Where can I get this Future and how much of it should I apply to my nosecone?

Future can be found at your grocery store, I think they changed the name now to "Pledge with Future" or come crap like that. It comes in a clear bottle with a blue top