Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

I am itchy all over for not getting any Yammies or MF toys in July (thus far)!

Chief scratcher has sent you a PM :)

does that head laser look different? seems to be like metal

I think the color is different - like it's tan or gold even... not a different mould.. But I like it. I agree that it's not very military looking, but it does look like something that a former theatre actor who dressed up as a girl and is in love with an S&M lesbian and an underaged alien girl would fly.

Which is why I love it :)

Pete

I like the baby blue, it goes well with the all-white Valk and at least it's different. I don't understand why people are always pushing the more "realistic" color scheme on a toy based on a show about transforming planes that fight in space set in the future.

I like the baby blue, it goes well with the all-white Valk and at least it's different. I don't understand why people are always pushing the more "realistic" color scheme on a toy based on a show about transforming planes that fight in space set in the future.

because the "realistic" schemes are usually better looking. the baby blue looks terrible, making the armor darker grey would have made it more badass and cooler.

actually if were talking realistic, the white with faded blue and red kind of reminds me of old British 'V' bombers with anit-flash white paint jobs.

still looks lame though.

because the "realistic" schemes are usually better looking. the baby blue looks terrible, making the armor darker grey would have made it more badass and cooler.

actually if were talking realistic, the white with faded blue and red kind of reminds me of old British 'V' bombers with anit-flash white paint jobs.

still looks lame though.

Then again Valkyries were never shown in realistic schemes in the first place. :D I mean comeon, most of the Valk schemes seen on screen would be more fitting for air shows or aerobatic teams.

In another way, the baby blue could actually be more realistic because RL military aircraft goes for the more faded low visibilty look than dark bold colors.

Then again maybe this is all just pre-pro colors or it's just the lighting and won't look that bad in person. [shrug]

Edited by Vifam7

does that head laser look different? seems to be like metal

still looks bendy looking at the tip of the left antenna. as for the color, i think they just matched it w/ the new darker/black color for the upper arms, knee joints etc.

as for the new color SPs, it reminds me of Bandai's SOC GX-31 vs. GX-31V.

Edited by m0n5t3r

still looks bendy looking at the tip of the left antenna. as for the color, i think they just matched it w/ the new darker/black color for the upper arms, knee joints etc.

as for the new color SPs, it reminds me of Bandai's SOC GX-31 vs. GX-31V.

I don't see anything different with the base color white, or maybe it's just me?

Look at the legs, nose, and the wing undersides that are visable. They are definately not white, the arms do look white though. Hlj's description also did say the valk will be the light blue grey too.

Chris

B))

Thanks for the photo updates!

I've heard rumors that they would be released earlier (in July), but given that it's already late July, and the official site still says August, that's a rumor alright.

Crossing my fingers for tight joints, quality parts, stress marks free, consistent colors through out the armor and no missing parts. Dang. Ya'll pre-ordered the Roy valkyrie? Can't wait to have it stand next to an armored PG RX-78-2.

the armored 25S does look good. it kind of sucks that they won't have an armored 25F bundle though. I like the red armor a little better and I'm really not sure if this DX version is going to be better than the VF100 version to justify the extra price.

it kind of sucks that they won't have an armored 25F bundle though. I like the red armor a little better and I'm really not sure if this DX version is going to be better than the VF100 version to justify the extra price.

You never know. After all, no one expected Bandai to release the VF-25F + fast packs bundle. Also, the quality of the VF-100 line thus far is way too inferior in my opinion. I don't think anyone is happy with it.

I appreciate the fact that, for once, the back of the leg armor actually rises up to the proper height past the back in fighter mode (even if it still can't without the armor). Other than some details missing here and there compared to the rendered cg art, it's got most of the detail down and the armor's proportions seem more accurate than the toy itself in comparison. At the very least it hides a good bit of the flaws in the toy's fighter mode.

I'm going to have a hard time deciding what mode to display it in since I'm only going to bother getting one. Originally I was going to put it in battroid, but now, I think fighter looks pretty darn good as well.

You never know. After all, no one expected Bandai to release the VF-25F + fast packs bundle. Also, the quality of the VF-100 line thus far is way too inferior in my opinion. I don't think anyone is happy with it.

I've only got VF25S but I'm extremely happy with it.

i think the deal from anime-export is pretty good, since they ship it by SAL (940 JPY (to USA)) plus 16200 JPY for the toy.

That would be the best deal I've seen yet, but I think the site stipulates that SAL is only available for orders under 15,000Y. Having to ship via EMS would bump the price to about $212USD... :(

hm, i kinda wanna know how that sniper gunpod is hanging down so low even in gerwalk. i know the vf-25f armored has a double stack gunpod adapter, but that looks even lower than that... And Im pretty sure that adapter is held by the arms being in the locked fighter position... so how its doing that in gerwalk is puzzling.

Excuse me for going ever so slightly off topic, but the search function isn't helping me on this one. Is Bandai going to be releasing 1/48 scale VF-25's? I thought there was some news on it, but can't find much info. I am not a big toy buyer, but I MUST get an Ozma VF-25 with armor pack. Just want to make sure I get the biggest and baddest available.