Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

I think it's pretty obvious that the decision was made to "milk" Alto a little bit and make all the add ons exclusives. This makes some business sense since Alto is the main character so people will likely want to buy the add ons.

you got that right.

At this point, I'm resigned to it.

I'll ge the add ons eventually.

Pete

lol, found myself getting the last Alto SPs available here... good thing the shop owner gave me a 10% discount so it came out to just 90 bucks. ahhh the addiction... i'm feeling the pressure to get the Armored Ozma plus the MacQuarter w/ cheese bits... ^_^

you got that right.

lol, found myself getting the last Alto SPs available here... good thing the shop owner gave me a 10% discount so it came out to just 90 bucks. ahhh the addiction... i'm feeling the pressure to get the Armored Ozma plus the MacQuarter w/ cheese bits... ^_^

Now lets see alto! B))

For my part, I should have Mikhael and Luca sometime next week - which means I'm also going to have stands. At that point, I'll make good on my promise to show off the VF-25's great Gerwalk poses :) We'll see whether or not I get laughed out of the room :)

But I'm generally happy.

Note to modelers: I have not dumped you. I'm also still getting the remaining 1:72 models and planning on building them. At worse, I'm just sleeping around.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

ahhh the addiction... i'm feeling the pressure to get the Armored Ozma plus the MacQuarter w/ cheese bits... ^_^

The Armored Ozma, yes. I had been bouncing around the thought of canceling my preorder because of other carrots dangling in front of me (can you say BSG Bluray boxset? :lol: ). But the newer pictures still make me want it..badly. Ugh, is it still looking at a AUg release, or have to pushed it to September?

The DX Quarter, I just don't know, due to the same concerns.(Box set!) The little figures don't do anything for me except annoy me that there will be more small accessories to store and keep travk.

The Armored Ozma, yes. I had been bouncing around the thought of canceling my preorder because of other carrots dangling in front of me (can you say BSG Bluray boxset? :lol: ). But the newer pictures still make me want it..badly. Ugh, is it still looking at a AUg release, or have to pushed it to September?

The DX Quarter, I just don't know, due to the same concerns.(Box set!) The little figures don't do anything for me except annoy me that there will be more small accessories to store and keep travk.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum so be gentle... I live in Southern California and was wondering if there is a store I can go to to purchase these toys? Any help would be appreciated and preferrably a place that doesn't jack up the price. Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum so be gentle... I live in Southern California and was wondering if there is a store I can go to to purchase these toys? Any help would be appreciated and preferrably a place that doesn't jack up the price. Thanks.

You can try Frank & Son or Anime Jungle. Frank & Son will most likely have some MF stuff... not too sure about Anime Jungle since I haven't been there in a while. Prices are always going to be more in store than online, but with shipping costs, sometimes buying in store is comparable.

http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

http://www.animejungle.net/

Edited by potatobbq

You can try Frank & Son or Anime Jungle. Frank & Son will most likely have some MF stuff... not too sure about Anime Jungle since I haven't been there in a while. Prices are always going to be more in store than online, but with shipping costs, sometimes buying in store is comparable.

http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

http://www.animejungle.net/

thanks for your reply. I checked anime jungle and they are waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced. I'll try my luck with ebay i guess...

thanks for your reply. I checked anime jungle and they are waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced. I'll try my luck with ebay i guess...

Good luck there. You can find things if you look hard enough,or are patient, but Ebay is often crowded with Hong Kong sellers that typically don't save you much money either. Most of the time, any savings on the item is lost because the shipping costs are even higher than those from stores like HLJ, Overdrive and Hobby Search. US sellers aren't much better, their item prices usually present the high cost of stocking the items in the US.

The worst price gouging I've seen though seems to come on Amazon, sadly enough.

Some unexpected bills came up and now I can only pick up one.

Get the more affordable one now. Then get the other one later. Pick based on price. Cheaper -> buy now. More expensive -> save up for and buy later.

If you tell yourself you're going to get both eventually and it's just a pragmatic matter of which one first, all the emotional anxiety will wash away.

It's only caused by telling yourself that you somehow have to "chose." You don't. You get the one you can afford more now and the other one later since you do want both.

Unless you really don't necessarily want both and are considering which one to get at the expense of forfieting the other?

In which case I'd say... why would you want to not get them both?? :)

Pete

Guest sh002

has the armor for the vf-25f come out and if so do you think anyone at anime expo will have it for sale? does anyone think the frontier valks will be sold at anime expo for decent prices? i'm thinking of getting another vf-25g to open.

has the armor for the vf-25f come out and if so do you think anyone at anime expo will have it for sale? does anyone think the frontier valks will be sold at anime expo for decent prices? i'm thinking of getting another vf-25g to open.

No armor sets have been released yet, just the super packs, and since they are Japanese exclusives I wouldn't bet on seeing many if any at AX unfortunately. You'll probably find the VF-25's there, but the prices may be steep. At Botcon BBTS were selling the 25's, but they were marked up so they were about the same as buying them online plus the shipping charge, and the other day I saw them on sale for $275+ in little Tokyo. If you can get there early on the first day, you might find something. Either that or hope that they haven't all sold by the end of the convention and try to cut a deal with the vendor (sometimes they will do a deal to get rid of stock at the end of the show so they don't have to haul the left over stock away). Good luck with your search either way, you never know what you'll find at conventions.

Guest sh002

recently i saw the 1/60 vf-25g for $210 at frank and son. i'd like to find it cheaper locally but that won't happen.

recently i saw the 1/60 vf-25g for $210 at frank and son. i'd like to find it cheaper locally but that won't happen.

I just purchased the VF-25G with super pack from Anime King in Huntington Beach for $190.00 but I got an additional discount using my 8% coupon from ebay. so the total came out to $174.79. I had to buy it after watching the frontier series. Now its time to find an Alto Valk... Anyone selling their's for a good price??

Guest sh002

does anyone think the armor will hold up better without the stand on the toy compared to the model kit? i'm thinking that it will since the toy might be heavier than the armor like the set of hollow fast packs or old school gbp armor.

Probably, because it's worth noting they pictured the DX and the VF 100 standing on their own, but not the model kit.

End of August.
]

GAH! Why can't they just say September 1st?..end of the month nearly always means the very end of the month. :wacko:

so it's a bundled alto + super parts with no improvements?

so much for "limited status" of the super parts...

I can already see the price of the stand-alone fast packs come down. Good news for us all!

Some unexpected bills came up and now I can only pick up one.

I believe the Bandai valks tend to sell out much faster. Either that or their prices will skyrocket after a while. On the other hand, Yamato's stock tend to last much longer, especially with reissues.

Amazon.jp source

DX VF-25F Super Messiah (Alto), 16000yen (pre-tax), 25th November.

Damn cheeky if you ask me! At least more people will be able to get hold of the super '25 now, but after all the hoops some of us have had to jump through..!

You suck, Bandai!

Oh, and looking forward to the armored 25S :p

Edited by mitch

Yay. Got the VF-25G and the RVF-25 today. Naturally I'm... not so much dissapointed as kind of scratching my head about that sniper rifle an the landing gear...

But I explain it to myself thus: He's not supposed to ever land on the landing gear with the sniper rifle on his belly. He's mainly a space-combat mecha. He DOCKS - he doesn't land. When he does land and use his landing gear - he doesn't use the sniper rifle.

Just forget what you...um...saw in the err...anime... :p

Anyways - I like them. No discoloration on my Luca, no chipped paint no problems of that sort.

I promised everybody a couple of pics showing off Alto's Messiah in Gerwalk mode on a stand... will get around to it now that I have some SMS stands :)

yippee! :)

Pete

Another shop with more description:

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4543112603425

The text appears to say there will be color changes in multiple areas.

Interesting. I wonder what they color changes they would be making.

Is it really just color changes and not improvements to the paint applications?

I hope the vf-27 or the 171 are coming soon now that they're pretty much done with all they can do with the 25's short of releasing the CF versions (can they be called CF since we never really see even a single one get shot down?) or making incremental improvements.