Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

you can order an alto or go on a waiting list at Hobby Search

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10074068

Ordered mine from there 2 weeks ago and I am pretty sure that its a reissue as the wings are definetly arched lower that the 1st edition!

Their price is decent enough and they ship pretty fast ( i think after paying i received it in canada in about 5 days) so it was a good experience.

They have a waiting list and a point system like some other sites to reduce the cost of items you get in the future too.

Hiya guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a question concerning the Ozma GBP set - I have yet to get the Ozma cause I'm holding out for the GBP set. Has there been any news as to whether there will be any differences between the GBP Ozma and the stand alone version aside from the armour? Cause the Ozma is the only valk I'm missing from my Frontier collection and its constantly driving me crazy. Should I bite the bullet and get a standalone or wait for the GBP set?

Just to nitpick, but the "GBP" designation, or more accurately the GBP-1S ground-combat protector weapon system designation was only used for the armor for the VF-1.

For the VF-25, it's commonly referred to as the "Armored Pack" in the TV series, with the full designation being: APS-25A/MF25 Armored pack.

Graham

Just to nitpick, but the "GBP" designation, or more accurately the GBP-1S ground-combat protector weapon system designation was only used for the armor for the VF-1.

For the VF-25, it's commonly referred to as the "Armored Pack" in the TV series, with the full designation being: APS-25A/MF25 Armored pack.

Graham

Thanks Graham for the reminder, to follow your lead, the lighter "armor" for the VF-25 is referred to as "Superpack", not FAST pack in Macross Frontier.

ok, so I finally got my VF-25G after some fun with the post office (a long, fun story best left for some other day). Anyway, I friggin love this sucker! However, a few gripes. 1) the little grey wing/radar things behind the head in jet mode... one came broken. while not a deal breaker... just kind of a let down. 2) Bandai makes articulated hands for Gundams... they couldn't modify a pair to work with this guy?

That's really all I got and this thing looks really cool next to my Yamato Valks. I definitely see myself getting at least one more (most likely the armored VF-25S)

Any word if they are going to improve the overall floppyness of the DX with this Armored Ozuma?

While it looks great, I rather wait for reviews. Don't want all the armor pieces to all fall off just by looking at it, like with Michel's VF.

(or Bandai can bundle it with an entire roll of Blue-Tac XD)

Edited by OmegaD3k

I could be wrong, but doesn't BBTS have the version 2 Alto the whole time? At least that's what I thought I was getting... I guess I'll find out next week :)

Pete

I think you're correct. If I remember correctly BBTS never got any initial stock of Alto from the first run, and only started shipping orders when the second run came in.

Yeah well - all I know is that some chap on Macrossworld in the For Sale thread was selling a version two Alto and started with "Got this version 2 Alto from BBTS yesterday but don't want him anymore" ... and since there's only one Alto at BBTS to be had, and Ozma is sold out (as well as Luca) - and that Alto is a "New Release" on their site - then I'm guessing it is the version two. Will be a tad dissapointed if I'm wrong :)

Pete

I don't think its green, its just a little light coming off the dark grey. But whats up with the forward chest plate hinge that is colored in red? I don't think thats right. I hope they fix that by release.

Mmm...chunky and with fixed neck and head lasers.

The armour also hides the general disproportions of the VF-25 toy so it looks more bearable. Damn i might just get one.

The armour plate shield is either mistransformed in the pic or the red hinge thing is floppy.

EDIT: Nvm i think the flap is meant to be like that

Edited by wolfx

I think, being a preproduction sample, the hinge on the chest flap is just floppy.

IMO, I gotta say based on the most recent batch of photos, I think the VF100s Armored VF-25F has the best looking appearance compared with both the Armored DX and the unpainted Armored model kit. I really like the matte finish and proportions on the recent VF100s Armored pics.

Graham

The VF100 version is the only one we've seen semi-official images of. We've only seen show images of the model, and these pretty crappy pics of the pre-production DX. And hell, the pics we was of the VF100 was pretty small as well.

I dunno,even based on what I've seen with the unpainted DX before I'm still happy to be getting it over the other versions. Now it's just the long wait until Aug or Sept or whenever Bandai releases it.

I really like the matte finish and proportions on the recent VF100s Armored pics.

Graham

Isnt it plain unfair to compare proportions of a parts former toy with any perfect transforming toy/model? :huh:

Edited by honkhet

Frankly speaking, I am not wowed by any of the 3 versions.

But well, official pics do not do justice to the final products. Particularly, for the VF100 and the DX. The thing in the offical pics are not appealing to me (sometimes crappy) but the actual thing is a lot nicer when you know how to pose it.

I suppose it is easier for the VF100 and the model kit to look more anime-accurate. VF100 is a part-former, and for the model kit the armor pieces are not removable (if the design is similar to that of the super parts) but you swap new parts to it. So they can afford to be less chunky than the DX if wanted be.

Personally, I still believe the model kit would look the best among the three. It's just done by the right department!

And another note: I too think the Armored valk is a bit bland. But when I checked again, the armored Messiah does have fewer markings (and thus "details") than the super Messiah. That's probably why Bandai has all those decals provided...

Isnt it plain unfair to compare proportions of a parts former toy with any perfect transforming toy/model? :huh:

Not really, despite being a partsformer, the VF100s VF-25 (at least the unarmored ones) seems to share almost the exact same proportions as the DX.

For the VF100s Armoured, I suspect the armor will be non-removeable, hence the better proportions. Mostly, I really like the matte paint job on the last set of pics of the VF100s Armored VF-25F. I hope they keep it, as IMO, it looks better than the glossy finish of the DX and the model kit.

I've got so use to the DX and VF100s proportions that the model kit, even with Armor looks too skinny to me in Battroid.

Graham

i didnt want to bash the DX anymore than i have already done...

but thankheaven is right, with all the armor on and the high hip placement,

the battroid mode seems to be lacking hell of alot more torso area now

I just got my first 1/60 DX, an Alto w/ super parts, and I am really disappointed in Bandai. I used to bad mouth Yamato, but I'm just as disappointed in this as I am in Yamato's little quirks (although at least my Alto hasn't broken yet). I don't mind the chunkiness so much, but the Battroid is just FUGLY. I always thought I'd wait and see it in person, so I got one for a good price and man...it ONLY looks good in fighter mode IMO, and I stress good, not great. My 1/72's look a thousand times better, and I don't think detailing the 1/60 is going to help all that much. Doesn't feel all that solid to me either. Disappointing, because I mainly collect large scale robots like 1/60 gundams, etc. and was trying to scale my entire collection from Gundam to Macross in 1/60. Are the others any better, or all they all bad?

I got the V.2 and I am still "underwhelmed" a bit by it. It's worth having on or 2 VF-25s though but I am wondering if I should have just gotten the model kits now instead and not have worried about trying to keep all my stuff at 1/60. Anyway I ordered the Armored Ozma and I will probably eventually end up ordering a Luca and Michelle if they become available again at a decent price. The problem is that my wallet can barely keep up with my Yamato and Amazon purchases right now.......

I got the V.2 and I am still "underwhelmed" a bit by it. It's worth having on or 2 VF-25s though but I am wondering if I should have just gotten the model kits now instead and not have worried about trying to keep all my stuff at 1/60. Anyway I ordered the Armored Ozma and I will probably eventually end up ordering a Luca and Michelle if they become available again at a decent price. The problem is that my wallet can barely keep up with my Yamato and Amazon purchases right now.

As usual I decided to not have these problems and buy everything. I have the model kit of Ozma and am getting Luca and Alto with Super pack. I think they're great. I think they're devine. But I also want something in 1/60 scale. The pictures of Michael and Luca were what brought me around to respecting the DX.

I will just make a note to myself never to open the cockpit, never to pose the Gerwalk with the gunpod under the belly and a couple other notes...

The Armored Ozma looks great. Looking forward to it. Head lasers that are straight are good.

Pete

I think the armored '25S looks sweet! I'm not too concerned by minor color discrepancies at this point, when the '25's first started being marketed there were several pictures that were missing the tampo prints and with various color apps. I still have a sliver of hope that the mistakes of previous releases will have been corrected, although I'm not expecting miracles at this point since Bandai seem inept at designing a decent neck for the poor old 25S.

Despite the problems that have plagued the 25 I still generally like it, and I stand by my pre-order of the armored 25S.