Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

I plan to paint them myself, but my modelling skills (including air-brushing and painting) are horrible. I would even miss when piss, not to mention delicate model-painting.

Pete the Amateur who has never painted a model in his life nonetheless gives advise on how to do it:

Just tape around the SMS portion that you want to paint and spray away. This one shouldn't be too difficult.

Hmm...

Oh well. I have a regular v.2 Alto and I'm happy with it. Don't really need the super pack version. Might pick it up in distant future.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Pete the Amateur who has never painted a model in his life nonetheless gives advise on how to do it:

Just tape around the SMS portion that you want to paint and spray away. This one shouldn't be too difficult.

Pete

My painting skills are absolutely horrible as well and I'd likely even screw up something so simple.

Graham

Hmm...

Oh well. I have a regular v.2 Alto and I'm happy with it. Don't really need the super pack version. Might pick it up in distant future.

Pete

Thanks for the advice. ^_^ In fact that is what I plan to do (tapes bought).

But I don't trust myself very well in tape-masking the embossed SMS characters. It is so difficult to me!

My painting skills are absolutely horrible as well and I'd likely even screw up something so simple.

Graham

I am sure you can easily find someone in Hong Kong who will do it for you for a small fee.

Ozma's lookin good! i really hope they start painting the stands w/ Armored Ozma...

i think they were going for a SDF GBP look for the new Alto SPs... meh, light blue looks gray... i'm keeping my so-called "limited" SPs. :ph34r:

If this is the "upgraded" super part they have been talking about for the movie version, I am happy with my current TV version.

Apparently it is... it's not entirely white, it's a bit grayish, and the red is a bit faded. It actually fits the description in HLJ's website. I didn't know the Super Pack would look like that though :(

Wow, the baby-blue superpack doesn't fit to the military at all. The DYRL super packs had the right color. A nice saturated dark blue-green.

At most they could have gone with the German Grey super packs as shown in some custom models, those also look nice.

i say keep the sissy looking baby/light blue... at least that way the limited TV ver. SPs won't lose any value... coz we payed out of our a$$e$ to get them... :ph34r:

I am sure I would get used to it.

But I'll still like my darker gray version better.

Well done Bandai!

At least this one looks nice:

post-322-1247741686_thumb.jpg

Something I've been worrying about for a while with the Armoured DX, but have been unable to see a good pic of the side of the leg until now. It looks like Bandai might have forgot to sculpt in the vents on the sides of the leg missile pods.

i think they were going for a SDF GBP look for the new Alto SPs... meh, light blue looks gray... i'm keeping my so-called "limited" SPs. :ph34r:

Agreed, the "Renewal" baby blue FPs look really bad. Will not buy. IMO the "limited" grey FPs look much, much nicer.

I'm going to be in the minority here - but I like the baby blue super packs on Alto. I'm going to get that. They look just right for the character.

But what I'd really like is some Sheryl Nome tampoos or decals or something for the DX...

Pete

Lol. Petes right about that. They fit the character. Actually, it'd fit him better as hot pink. :)

I thought they were going to at least make a slight modification to the super to beef it up its ordinance a little in comparison to the armored. They had a perfect opportunity to screw previous buyers and release an official armor set variant.

Well, I'm glad I went and got the Tamashi 'exclusive' Super Packs. The blue on the 'movie' version reminds me of the re-issue VF-1S bandai did a few years ago, but I prefer the darker tones on military pieces. The '25 under it looks interesting, but I won't be shelling out for it.

The armored '25's look cool, I suspect that they will get some more decal apps before production.

I wonder how long they will keep milking the '25? After re-issues, re-sculpts, fold versions, movie versions, etc I'm starting to get tired of it. Hasn't someone told Bandai that if they did the 171 they could easily get their money's worth re-painting that and reissuing that over and over again? Variety is the spice of life and the salt & pepper '25 needs some company (ON MY TOY SHELF!! BWA HA HA HA HA!).

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed tha Bandai has not shown any new DX prototypes at the show. It would have been a great chance to unveil a prototype of the DX VF-27 or VF-171.

Heck, or even some more interesting VF-25 repaints that people actually want, like say a Cannon Fodder brownie VF-25, or an "All That VF" variant.

I'm ttotaly not interested in the "Renewal" VF-25F and even the recent crystal clear VF-25F DX was extremely meh IMO!

Graham

I know! I am honestly lost that they have gone as far to add new lines.. But have comparatively left the DX to languish.

We have already seen the -27 being readied as a 1/72 model; where is our DX already? :angry:

Let's kneel and pray that they do not invent another series and only in that series you get a full Skull Squad (AGAIN) and a VF-27.

And they may leave the VF-171 for later... I know many of MWers love it, but face it, we're freaks. :ph34r:

It has been almost a full year since the first DX is released. Still no VF-27?

Do people really want to add yet another "must buy" to their already overburdened budgets?

The newest upcoming mould from Bandai is the Quarter. I personally have nothing against waiting until mid-2010 for the VF-27.

Pete

Do people really want to add yet another "must buy" to their already overburdened budgets?

The newest upcoming mould from Bandai is the Quarter. I personally have nothing against waiting until mid-2010 for the VF-27.

Pete

Hmmm... Yes. B))

I am itchy all over for not getting any Yammies or MF toys in July (thus far)!

P.S. I didn't get the Gamlin 22S because I am waiting for M&M version.

P.P.S. I did get the model kit for VF-25S Armored, but that doesn't count because that is not a toy.