Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

Yeah, also pretty sure the Armoured VF-25S will come with a stand.

For those in HK, I saw the big Animate branch in Mong Kok (the one on 1/F opposite CTMA Center) had the Ghost and Fold Booster sets in stock for HK$599 (US$76.80) each.

IMO, Ghost + weapons set = much cooler than pink foldildo and speakers.

My one concern about the weapons though is that the overwing clip may scratch the black stripe on the wing.

Graham

Yeah, also pretty sure the Armoured VF-25S will come with a stand.

For those in HK, I saw the big Animate branch in Mong Kok (the one on 1/F opposite CTMA Center) had the Ghost and Fold Booster sets in stock for HK$599 (US$76.80) each.

IMO, Ghost + weapons set = much cooler than pink foldildo and speakers.

My one concern about the weapons though is that the overwing clip may scratch the black stripe on the wing.

Graham

agreed graham man

ranka set is not as cool as ghost set

I am in the USA and got it for 75$ SH was EMS 25$ from Japan

I wish the armored set came with attachments for the missile pods on the sides like in the 1/72 kits

I hope they're correct, it feels as if I've waited forever for this thing. :)

I've made 2 1/72 model kits (1 plain, 1 armored) and bought 1 VF100 on the VF-25S during the wait.

It's been one year! At least the neck is longer. :lol:

Finally there is something from the DX series that I deem better than the model kit:

g1.jpg

The reactive missiles won't fit on the armored pack - I know no one said they would, just my wish - but the missile mount is just different according to this ghost set and my 1/72 Armored 25S model.

Don't feel like to shoot the fold booster set.

I got my Ghost set in the mail from Overdrive the other day, and my first impressions are fairly good. I agree with Graham that the sculpt on the Ghost is gorgeous, and the clear lenses are cool, but I share his concern that the clip for the milliles may scratch the stripes on the top of the wings. Plus, Bandi's scratch-prone paint aps strike again - there were some scratches (not major, but noticeable) on some of the MDE bombs before they were even out of the package.

Anyone else who has this set apprehensive about the missile clips? They do clip on... kinda... and they can be put straight... kinda... but they don't fit as snugly as I had expected, especially since there are the mounts for them sculpted into the under-side of the wings. I don't mind the use of clips to mount them, but I am still treating them gingerly.

Apart from that minor quibble, I'm happy with my purchase, although I would have been happier if I could have got a set of 3 ghosts (damn you, economic turmoil!!). I essentially got it for the armaments, but the Ghost is undeniably sweet. And I didn't even get the RVF! But then again, I feel the unmanned Ghosts were always cooler than Luca AKA Puttsy McGee. YOU SOLD OUT RANKA, ANGELLONI!!! Let's see what Nanase has to say about that when she wakes up!

*Ahem*

Sorry. Anyway, generally good stuff. You know what else those missiles would look good on? A VF-171! Ball's in your court, Bandai...

Here's some pics of Alto's VF-25F in fighter mode, with Super Fold Booster (AKA Pink Foldildo), Super Packs and Reaction missiles.

Also a couple of pics of Ozma's VF-25S Super with Missiles mounted and Luca's RVF-25 Super with missiles mounted.

Enjoy!

Graham

post-11-1249523689_thumb.jpg

post-11-1249523704_thumb.jpg

post-11-1249523747_thumb.jpg

post-11-1249523792_thumb.jpg

post-11-1249523822_thumb.jpg

post-11-1249524162_thumb.jpg

Got my ghost set yesty. Rightly said, love the ghost details very much. After reading the post, im very cautious abt the missile clips. The reaction missiles look quite plain without the trangular red markings found on the VF-1 v.2. I wl try stick some stickers fm VF-1 on tonight.

Edited by Javabean

Of course it's not straight, it's pink! ^_^

I wonder how they went from red with pink highlights to pink with beige highlights.

post-876-1249587853_thumb.jpg

I love the the fold booster is just magically hovering above the plane and not actually attached to anything.

does it at least mount straight or did you just not put it on right? <_<

It’s user-error.

As previously mentioned, the Fold Booster comes with two different attachments, one for mounting on a VF-25 with Super Packs and one for mounting on a bare VF-25.

As you may need to swap mounts, they obviously have to be easily removable from the Fold Booster. Basically, the mounts have a peg that plugs into a corresponding hole on the bottom of the Fold Booster by friction fit. You can actually rotate the fold Booster around the peg.

In my photos I just didn’t have it lined up 100% straight.

My fault, not Bandai’s.

Graham

My 1/60 broke mid-transformation. There aren't even any stress marks on the plastic. It just seeems to have seperated from each other. Darn.

Add another to the list!

Edit. Won't upload my pics. It broke at the hinge on the wing.

Edited by Alex

Of course it's not straight, it's pink! ^_^

I wonder how they went from red with pink highlights to pink with beige highlights.

post-876-1249587853_thumb.jpg

I've forgotten this shot already...

- Why does Alto use the super parts of Michael?

- Why does Bandai make it SO pink?

My 1/60 broke mid-transformation. There aren't even any stress marks on the plastic. It just seeems to have seperated from each other. Darn.

Add another to the list!

Broken? Which part(s)? :ph34r:

Edit: edited after your edit.

I am mourning for you...

Edited by ff95gj

Add another to the list!

Edit. Won't upload my pics. It broke at the hinge on the wing.

you're the anti-scream man... his toys never breaks and it seems all of yours do... together the two of you restore balance to the toy universe.

But seriously, that sucks man, if you can can you post the image through photobucket or something so we can see the potential problem area?

I've forgotten this shot already...

- Why does Alto use the super parts of Michael?

- Why does Bandai make it SO pink?

IIRC Michael drops his super parts entering Galia's atmosphere (as super parts don't work well in atmosphere). Later Alto gets stranded after the planet blows up and Michael's parts are still out their floating around. I forget how Michael and Ranka got away though... maybe in the belly of a Vajra ship.