Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

I'm holding off until a detailed video/pic review. To anyone who has one:

- How well do the armor pieces hold together? Do they fall off, simply by looking at them, like Luca/Michel Fast/Super packs?

- Is the figure a sloppy, or can you pose it with armor? Does it require a stand for any and all poses, like Michel?

- Are the head lasers straight/made out of solid plastic?

- Any other improvements?

fall off thats an understatement. You cant even get them on since they keep falling off. I had to mod mine

of course im talking about the fast packs. My relative is back in hong kong so now I can take advantage of cheaper prices and have it shipped instead of some of those hong kong stores that have a presence on ebay. You know who im talking about who inflates the prices by about 200%

Peace!

Really? Sweet! Darn now I'm going to be refreshing the status page until it says its shipped!

More pics of the box, its contents, and the toy in fighter mode here:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-104929-1-1.html

I can't wait for my Anime Export pre-order to ship. =]

You and me both. I am terribly excited now. I didn't expect this to be out this soon.

Did you guys check your emails from Anime-Export on the update on the shipping cost? The 2,800 Yen I had originally paid during the pre-order wasn't enough to cover the EMS shipment and so they sent me a notification on this. However, the payment link they gave me billed the entire total of the toy :angry: Fortunately, the request they gave me directly through Paypal was the correct amount. I notified them on this error and Erika, the customer service lady kindly noted that mine was the first to ship ^_^

Did you guys check your emails from Anime-Export on the update on the shipping cost? The 2,800 Yen I had originally paid during the pre-order wasn't enough to cover the EMS shipment and so they sent me a notification on this. However, the payment link they gave me billed the entire total of the toy :angry: Fortunately, the request they gave me directly through Paypal was the correct amount. I notified them on this error and Erika, the customer service lady kindly noted that mine was the first to ship ^_^

Dang. I was hoping there wouldn't be an extra charge to cover for EMS shipping, but I figured there might be after checking the item page on their website and reading the snippet on there about it being too heavy to ship via SAL. I haven't gotten the e-mail yet, but I suppose I can expect one shortly. <_<

Congrats on being #1!

Now I just have to decide whether or not the new Alto DX set is worth pre-order. I'm leaning towards skipping it and hoping for an eventual regular color boxset. =/

I can't help it, just order one an hour ago... :)

That would be my first MacrossF DX.

3805991073_3b85a9571f.jpg

(photos from Toysdaily is too deadly) :lol:

Haha! This is going to be my first DX too, and my first non-Revoltech Macross toy, actually. I currently only own a VF-1J Revoltech. Revoltechs are pretty awesome little buggers.

I was getting antsy waiting for this thing, so I ordered a Yamato SV-51 Nora from Overdrive the other day too. I really wanted to order a VF-1S as well, but the thread about people's shoulders breaking scared me off. Then I remembered that I have a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S Strike Battroid kit that I purchased years ago, so I started building that yesterday after years of being on modeling hiatus... but I digress. ^_^

Dang. I was hoping there wouldn't be an extra charge to cover for EMS shipping, but I figured there might be after checking the item page on their website and reading the snippet on there about it being too heavy to ship via SAL. I haven't gotten the e-mail yet, but I suppose I can expect one shortly. <_<

Congrats on being #1!

Now I just have to decide whether or not the new Alto DX set is worth pre-order. I'm leaning towards skipping it and hoping for an eventual regular color boxset. =/

Damn I knew that 2,300 yen shipping price was too good to be true for EMS. Great so when do I get my email requesting 2,000 more yen from my pocket?

Ops sorry about that... guys. Any problems drop us a line and we will sort it out.

We are building a new website as the current one needs to retire. Unfortunately Bandai never tell us the weight and most of the time our guess are correct but this time the VF-25S its huge!

Hopefully no paint mistakes...! Grrr...

The Anime Export Team

I order it from Amazon jp (13,692 yen), ship to my jp address then use/pay 'Tenso.com' to ship it to Canada! B))

I really need to try a service like that sometime. I was browsing on Tenso's website, and I tried working out the cost of this thing if I had gone through this route. It's 13,692 yen shipped from Amazon, which is ~5,650 yen off retail. Assuming it's 2 kg (the DX Luca is 1.2 kg, as a reference), that equates to a S&H fee of 4,980 yen. In the end you're still getting the thing shipped for under its retail price. It seems there should be some kind of additional service fee, but I didn't see it while browsing the site.

Edited by vendetta

I really need to try a service like that sometime. I was browsing on Tenso's website, and I tried working out the cost of this thing if I had gone through this route. It's 13,692 yen shipped from Amazon, which is ~5,650 yen off retail. Assuming it's 2 kg (the DX Luca is 1.2 kg, as a reference), that equates to a S&H fee of 4,980 yen. In the end you're still getting the thing shipped for under its retail price. It seems there should be some kind of additional service fee, but I didn't see it while browsing the site.

i looked around their website and there seems to be a weight-based handling fee. JPY1000 for up to 1kg, JPY1500 up to 3kg etc.

what i didn't manage to find info on is how they handle pre-order items. or maybe it's just as simple as they wait for something to arrive at their warehouse before they start processing it.

Ops sorry about that... guys. Any problems drop us a line and we will sort it out.

We are building a new website as the current one needs to retire. Unfortunately Bandai never tell us the weight and most of the time our guess are correct but this time the VF-25S its huge!

Hopefully no paint mistakes...! Grrr...

The Anime Export Team

Hey much is EMS shipping to the USA for the Armored Messiah?

48740541.jpg

Tamashii exclusive armored reaction missile set confirmed?

For those with the ghost and weapon set, do you guys think that the supplied reaction missiles will fit into the highlighted slot?

Edited by todd77

48740541.jpg

Tamashii exclusive armored reaction missile set confirmed?

For those with the ghost and weapon set, do you guys think that the supplied reaction missiles will fit into the highlighted slot?

Checked already... The missiles from the ghost set have a very different mount.

there is going to be a special armored set tamishii release in the next month

Bandai really knows how to milk us that is I got pissed and sold all my alto, ghost, super parts stes? everytime I was paying 100$ I tired

as far as the ozma I really like that color scheme even in the OVA but the puny wheels and lack of decaling drives me nuts I expect if I am paying bucks to have something worthwhile?

OF course till bandai gets it there are no choices chogokin wise at least

IMHO only