Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

I was hoping Alex would have some fun with that pic and photo shop himself in for mallets as hands after Eugimon's last post.

Alex, that sucks, did a pin fall out or something. The pic is super tiny.

Yeah, sorry about that. Having trouble with the interwebs today. Nothing is working.

How's this?

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/alexcollier/

Edited by Alex

IIRC Michael drops his super parts entering Galia's atmosphere (as super parts don't work well in atmosphere). Later Alto gets stranded after the planet blows up and Michael's parts are still out their floating around. I forget how Michael and Ranka got away though... maybe in the belly of a Vajra ship.

Michael was going to take Sheryl back to frontier while Alto stayed back to get one last flight in with ranka. then the vajra show up and then the planet explodes, Michael piggybacks on a vajra ship through there fold gate. Alto and ranka made it off the planet before it blew up though and use the super armor+super fold booster to catch up with the vajra.

ouch, the hole hing ripped right off the wing glove part.

That's just the thing. it didn't even rip off. There are nos tress marks or tears. It just came off. The surface of the crack is smooth. Could be that there was an imperfection in the plastic, an air bubble or something.

i caved.

didn't pre-order the fold set because i wanted to hold out for a 1/72 version. but then my daily ebay macross saved search email comes along...

got it for $90 shipped which is considerably cheaper than overdrive, but that's still the cost of a vanilla VF-1 in singapore.

i don't know whether i should celebrate or not...

Michael was going to take Sheryl back to frontier while Alto stayed back to get one last flight in with ranka. then the vajra show up and then the planet explodes, Michael piggybacks on a vajra ship through there fold gate. Alto and ranka made it off the planet before it blew up though and use the super armor+super fold booster to catch up with the vajra.

Thanks. You guys are so cool.

I can't remember a thing!

I got word that it's out today. But then again, this could be a misunderstanding... Or maybe that means it's literally in the door.

In any case, I guess we'll find out real soon.

Pete

I really hope so. But just checked Yahoo JP auction, and no one is selling it as stocks yet. :mellow:

It's been a year, damn it!

If you open the link, there's a pic showing the neck extension. I haven't bought it yet, as I will be traveling for a bit. I am sure Graham or ff95gj will give us a detailed report soon.

Edited by Ivan

If you open the link, there's a pic showing the neck extension. I haven't bought it yet, as I will be traveling for a bit. I am sure Graham or ff95gj will give us a detailed report soon.

I vaguely recall reading about people complaining the head was too close to body on the original release. I assume this is in response to those complaints?

I vaguely recall reading about people complaining the head was too close to body on the original release. I assume this is in response to those complaints?

Yeah, the neck was way too short in the first release. That's why they added an extension in the second version. We were hoping for a re-design, but I guess that's the best Bandai could do in such a short time. Still, need to give them credit for trying.

Keep checking the Toys Daily forum. More pics should be available tomorrow.

Edited by Ivan

Do you have to remove the neck extension part every time you transform the figure, or is there a transformation tweak? That's probably the only thing keeping me from getting the set...

Looks like its an addition. Instead of producing new toys with the extension, they simply added it to the kit. But, hard to say for sure until someone here actually gets one.

I'm holding off until a detailed video/pic review. To anyone who has one:

- How well do the armor pieces hold together? Do they fall off, simply by looking at them, like Luca/Michel Fast/Super packs?

- Is the figure a sloppy, or can you pose it with armor? Does it require a stand for any and all poses, like Michel?

- Are the head lasers straight/made out of solid plastic?

- Any other improvements?

I now have my second DX, I got a pretty much mint Alto and I do like how he looks. I'm sure with the packs he'd be pretty awesome but they were to spendy for me right now. I'll pick some up next month if I come across them online.

Interesting about the new Ozma DX, the new neck piece you gotta pop on yourself I'm guessing.....that kind of sucks.

I was re-watching Frontier the other day and I noticed that when Ranka is about to leave Frontier with Brera and AI-kun that the Fold Booster on Brera's '27 looked kinda pink to me, maybe that was the color scheme they were working from when they went to production?

Damn, my usual toy dealer in Tai Po won't have it until Wednesday & I don't have time to travel to Mong Kok, Wanchai or Causeway Bay today to look for it. :(

Similar case here. I know it's out there but I can do nothing about it. :(

The shop I preordered is ordering from ANOTHER distributor, or so he claimed. So I have to wait.

EDIT:

Just browsed TD; it seems that it is basically out of stock already, and the price goes up to HK$1380 (it was HK$1150 last night) in a couple of shops which still carry it.

It probably won't make a difference these 2 days even if you travel to those locations before the next shipment...?

Edited by ff95gj