1/48 Gbp-1s Detail Review

Hayao Kakizaki

Is the back pack boosters front nozzle detachable from the booster much like the fastpack and if so can you attach a regular fast pack version on it?

356348[/snapback]

Yes, the front part of the GBP-1S's back pack booster is detachable.

No, you cannot attach a regular FAST Pack version on it.

Graham

Is the back pack boosters front nozzle detachable from the booster much like the fastpack and if so can you attach a regular fast pack version on it?

356348[/snapback]

Yes, the front part of the GBP-1S's back pack booster is detachable.

No, you cannot attach a regular FAST Pack version on it.

Graham

356357[/snapback]

what is underneath? since it detaches is there any sort of inner detail?

chri

OMG!! Just a little Christmasing and New Years frivolities with the family and I miss this thread!!

Wow, when was this available?!

Where would be the best place (cheapest) to get both the GBP & a VF-J set?

Amazing... thanks so much for the pictures! :blink:

OMG!! Just a little Christmasing and New Years frivolities with the family and I miss this thread!!

Wow, when was this available?!

Where would be the best place (cheapest) to get both the GBP & a VF-J set?

Amazing... thanks so much for the pictures! :blink:

357757[/snapback]

WM,

The question is NOT, "...when was this available?!", BUT when will you customize this!!!

The GBP was available late December 2005 and there is no giftset, to date. You still have to buy both the valk and the armour seperately.

I'm still waiting for mine! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!

357882[/snapback]

Yeah, me too!!

I saved all the pictures and I'm clicking and looking at them like a maniac...

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

i would like to see urban camo paint job on the armor with a low viz valk

356445[/snapback]

Since we're on the topic of schemes for the recently released 1/48 GBP, it would be nice to see a non-weathered low-vis with the standard colors for the GBP. I think the colors would match really well and hopefully someone would wanna post a pic of this sometime soon. If I only had a low-vis and a GBP right now :( .

Edited by connor99

Thanks for the great pictures Hayao - I can see the great efforts you took to put all that amazing stenciling stickers on, it looks great!!

All you need is a little dark wash to pick out the recessed details and a light dry brushing with a little chipping here and there to pick up the highlights and you've got an amazing looking toy (no need for an entire re-paint!) - possibly a flat coat over the entire armoured pieces to tie the stickers into the background a bit. I love how the missles are painted and the little nozzles behind the foot areas are even done in a dull red.

I can't believe Yamato didn't tempo print the stencils after all this time (see the Gundam FIX figurations) - well Anasazi... you've got your work cut out for you to get us some water slide decals for this beauty - and I volunteer to be your first ginuea pig customer!! :D

Maybe for the 40th anniversary when yamatos are the chunky munky of the future and there is better versions of the vf1...

358225[/snapback]

Haven't you heard?

In the not so distant future Bandai, Hasegawa, and Yamato will create the ULTIMATE MASTERPIECE SOUL OF VALKYRIE.

:lol:

Maybe for the 40th anniversary when yamatos are the chunky munky of the future and there is better versions of the vf1...

358225[/snapback]

Haven't you heard?

In the not so distant future Bandai, Hasegawa, and Yamato will create the ULTIMATE MASTERPIECE SOUL OF VALKYRIE.

:lol:

358226[/snapback]

Haven't you heard?

In the not so distant future Bandai, Hasegawa, and Yamato will merge into one super-company: BanHaseMato.

Thanks for the great pictures Hayao - I can see the great efforts you took to put all that amazing stenciling stickers on, it looks great!!

All you need is a little dark wash to pick out the recessed details and a light dry brushing with a little chipping here and there to pick up the highlights and you've got an amazing looking toy (no need for an entire re-paint!) - possibly a flat coat over the entire armoured pieces to tie the stickers into the background a bit.  I love how the missles are painted and the little nozzles behind the foot areas are even done in a dull red.

I can't believe Yamato didn't tempo print the stencils after all this time (see the Gundam FIX figurations) - well Anasazi... you've got your work cut out for you to get us some water slide decals for this beauty - and I volunteer to be your first ginuea pig customer!! :D

358060[/snapback]

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE~!! I will try it later~ :)

Great pics. Haven't posted here in a long time....

Anyways, I pre-ordered the GBP armour from HLJ quite a few months ago. I still haven't got an email notice that they are billing me or shipping it to me. Anybody else in the same situation?? Or should I be concerned and contact HLJ?