1/48 Gbp-1s Detail Review

Hayao Kakizaki

The legs look funny on that one. I have my Hikaru -1S displayed with Strike Armor as is only proper... but I may have to get another 1/48 of some stripe for the GBP... I'm not sure I like the way the CF looks... my Low-Viz are only proper in Gerwalk or Fighter....

Roy-1S... wish I could still find a 1A max out there (for relatively cheap, no less)...

Wow. You keep your collection in the kitchen :lol: . Gotta watch out for the heat, humidity, and smell :rolleyes: .

406562[/snapback]

Yeah, the kitchen counter and trust me I am very paranoid that none try to attain flight while I am at work.

Just moved into the house and need to get new display cases which are on order but are expected in four to six weeks.

Pics of Frankin Ugly.

post-3784-1149823645_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1149823611_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1149823673_thumb.jpg

My wife calls it Sumo Macross  :rolleyes:

406535[/snapback]

Doesn't look too bad .... liked the idea of 2 strike cannons ....

:)

Fly4victory - Any chance you can share more pics of your collection? Looks like you have a nice set-up on the desk ....

:rolleyes:

406553[/snapback]

Went I get back this weekend I will post them in the Collection Thread.

I never really like the original GBP-1 fast pack compared to the original fast pack. Does anyone have a pic of the GBP-1j with the original fast pack booster instead in battroid mode? Just want to see how much bulker it would look. Also I thought that it would be a better choice of booster since its bigger and has better maneuverability. Why have a smaller booster on such a heavy armor valk. Unless its a weight issue which I doubt because there in outer space. Yes yes I know its not macross issue because it didn't show in the movie just thinking out of the box :D

from Rich

I know omg I don't have it yet but its on the way. Got a case held up for me from neova awsome person. ;)

I never really like the original GBP-1 fast pack compared to the original fast pack.  Does anyone have a pic of the GBP-1j with the original fast pack booster instead in battroid mode?  Just want to see how much bulker it would look.  Also I thought that it would be a better choice of booster since its bigger and has better maneuverability.  Why have a smaller booster on such a heavy armor valk.  Unless its a weight issue which I doubt because there in outer space.  Yes yes I know its not macross issue because it didn't show in the movie just thinking out of the box  :D

406719[/snapback]

In the TV series the GBP appeared before the Super Valks so I think the larger boosters were still in development. While not in the show or the movie it would make sense to have the super/strike boosters as opposed to the GBP packs since the super/strike had maneuvering thrusters and micro missile launchers. In battroid mode “GBP†the missiles would not be needed but if the pilot selectively ejected the armor then the improved packs would be better for escape and evasion. Yours is an excellent point.

Roy-1S... wish I could still find a 1A max out there (for relatively cheap, no less)...

Man, I wish I could find a 1/48 VF-1A DYRL Max as well .....

:(

406752[/snapback]

I wish I could get a 1/48 VF-1J Max. The collection photos are on Display Your Collections...

post-3784-1150063070_thumb.jpg

Man, I wish I could find a 1/48 VF-1A DYRL Max as well .....

:(

406752[/snapback]

I wish I could get a 1/48 VF-1J Max. The collection photos are on Display Your Collections...

post-3784-1150063070_thumb.jpg

407096[/snapback]

Cool thanks mate ....

:)

Wow. You keep your collection in the kitchen :lol: . Gotta watch out for the heat, humidity, and smell :rolleyes: .

406562[/snapback]

And oils too they spread... damn. You got guts to leave the collection in the kitchen! :o

407550[/snapback]

Not as brave as you think! Eat out a lot thanks to a 14 plus hour duty day.

Live in fear of soap bubbles from the sink.

Hate to think my Valks would be their own impersonation of the Laurence Welk Show. :angry:

• 2 months later...
GBP is pretty much problem free. The chest problem will be fixed by the second release. Still waiting to find out the color change (if any) of the 2nd release. Sorry.

Graham

373321[/snapback]

So was the chest problem really corrected in a subsequent production run, or was the "second release" referred to actually the GBP Woodland color?