Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Yes, yes they do need to make one.

Like I said, I"m sure the storyline will be good, if it's anything like Captain America said, I'd really be glad to see such an incarnation of Megatron, finally something truely ruthless. I heard he's much more insulting and to the point from the previous versions, which really gets my blood boilingn to wanna see.

If the stories good which I hope is, then I can forgive the designs, I just want a good story to develope. Hell I wouldn't mind reading that script :p

That's mostly my feeling too. I'm still relatively excited about the movie from a story standpoint (provided Micheal Bay manages to shock us with some solid directing for once,) but I really really hate the designs so far... BT/Alts need some animation so very badly...

Let's just ALL hope it ends up having a decent story, setting, acting etc so maybe it will come out on top and we can hope for improvements in the future.

Nah, I think that's what's got so many people in an uproar. We all pretty much know it's NOT going to have a decent story, it's NOT going to have decent settings, it's NOT going to have decent acting, etc [i mean really--it's a Michael Bay film ferchrissakes]. So a lot of people are probably collectively sighing to themselves and wondering: "why? why oh why in the name of the 12 disciples, Christ and his cousin Pete can't we at least get cool L-A renditions of the transformers we all know and love from our childhoods, instead of some wierd looking rip-off wannabe poseur CRAP being passed off as our favorite TF characters?"

one thing i have to say about the movie char designs are that they will mak it a b&%^h to make toys for.  un less they go for clunky toys like they did for hotrod and the others when the animated movie came out.

I actually like the original Hot Rod figure, he was cool. Blurr and Kup sucked though IMHO.

:)

Just finished the script... basically nothing like old-school TF, but not horrible either... for the most part, I thought it was actually a pretty decent script... granted I still couldn't visualize it with anything but the familiar transformers designs we all know and love, but if the acting's good and the directing doesn't suck, this might not be too bad of a movie...

Popcorn, check your brain-at-the-door, roller coaster ride. Period.

Hopefully it will be a good one.

I just don't want to be majorly disappointed with the TF character re-imagining - not just how they look, but how they act and behave, transform, etc. Will be interesting.

:)

Ok so it is not a case of whether the reimagining is good or bad but that it doesn't follow the toon?

Not exactly. If they'd have been saying from the get go that they were launching a new Transformers unrelated to any of the other other material, that would have been okay. I mean, I could still see myself enjoying the movie, just like I enjoyed Energon.

My issue is that (and maybe I misread something, it could just be me) when this film was first announced, it was going to be a G1 movie. That was exciting. I was very much looking forward to seeing how they'd do my favorite G1 characteres in a live-action film on the big screen. So, it's kind of a let down to know that I'm not going to see my favorite G1 characters afterall.

Prime hopefully will act like the prime in the cartoon. I can't image a prime different to the one in G1.

If the movie was going to be 100% cg action movie like the recent final fantasy movie I think it would be pleasing to fans. But it looks like they want a mainstream movie for people who probably wouldn't even be familiar with the characters. (going the reimagining route)

Scary looking robots, alien invasion theme of them coming to earth, humans taking up all the time, no respect for the original looks etc

Ideally here is what I would have wanted if I was in control: make a CG movie aimed at fans with the accurate G1 look, with epic story spanning multiple generations of transformers on different worlds going on simultaneously and the focus is on a small group of the autobots within the grand scheme of things. (it would be like the star wars of TF in CG)

It would be set in the 80s earth time, but other planet would be involved as well so there would not be time to really care about what the humans are doing. (we are just background scenary - the autobots came to earth and we are the primitive life that once in a while needs protecting but no direct involvement between fighting)

Al transformation would be roughly 2 seconds long, and fights would involve transforming in combat. So prime would ram into things in truck mode, do his "boost-jumping and transforming into robot mode" move and flip in the air to kill stuff like in the animated movie.

Fights would have the style unique to the characters, and people would die and stuff and get damaged. I mean the whole thing is a war movie and that's why we are there watching. There would be all kinds of robot violence but nothing that wasn't already touched on in the animated movie. (ie people being lowered into a melting pot, insecticons getting squashed to death, robots being executed etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yup, that's Megatron alright. Never saw his alt form before now though; not sure why, but in my head I had invisioned him transforming into a fighter plane more reminiscent of Cyclonus. Either way I'm fine with it, so long as his alt mode isn't a fondue pot :lol:

Call me crazy, but I don't think they'll be making any plush dolls of this guy anytime soon :D

I'm really hoping that that is him before he takes on a terran alt mode and that he changes after that. Having Megs as a jet just seems wrong at this point, especially an alien jet, let's face it they are "robots in disguise" aren't they?

The script is gonna have to do some serious work to make me watch it...

Megatron needs a gun. A really muthaf*ckin Big F*ckin Gun. I see no gun anywhere on that drawing. He needs a gun or that ain't Megatron.

He looks complicated too.

Edited by azrael

God, what if they really aren't transformers, but just robots that will fold up in what would be a vehical "shell" that they just get rid of when they "transform." I see NOTHING of anykind of vehicle in that picture. :(

Chris

They should have made Megatron an artillery cannon or something, kind of like Galvitron, if they were going to make him big. But a freaking alien jet? And that was starscream?

I watched the original transformers and the cartoon movie and loved them when I was a kid. I really don't have much faith in this being a good movie, or even a watchable one...

Call me crazy, but I like how these TF look. I've always imagined that if TF really existed they have much more complicated transformations than the toys we have. And definitely no kibble that would get in the way of bot mode. A streamlined and fluid feel to their bot mode kind of the way organic creatures are.

vinnie

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, good to see the boards back up. I'm mixed. I like the way the robot modes look but think they're TOO far out there. I would prefer Prime to look like his anniversarry/masterpiece form, for example. They chose edgy instead of nostalgia, which is fine, but not what most of the adults who grew up as kids watching transformers would like (who may be thought of as going to see the movie or never going to see the movie anyways).

Ok, IMO like I was saying before the forums were down. The Alternator/Binaltech designs would have been great. With some modifications to the models and replacing the toy joints and screws with correct details, they would look better, realistic and believable in cgi. Also much better looking than all of the designs that have been popping up so far. I read in the Transformers forums that people were saying this is more like "Alien robots that transform: the movie" with the name Transformers slapped on it.

The version of Megs that we've seen could be his alien form. But what ever form it is it still sux.

From what i've been reading from interviews and such i think that will unfortanetly be his final form in the movie. Speaking of which have you seen this?

bumblesfaceqc5MediumSmall.jpg

Peek-a-Boo! :o