Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

So they thought "blocky" designed Transformers would look bad and came up with these designs? All I can picture from that Bumblebee is that ABC robot from Judge Dredd rising out of the trash or wherever. Later Rob Schneider's character pulls on some wires or something and the robot malfunctions. Transformers weakness? :lol:

What I don't get is why bring back connections to the original show like Peter Cullen as Prime (and if I understand correctly) the transformation sound when you are just going to ignore everything else about the original?

Right now I kind of wish Cullen wasn't associated with this film. :(

This seems like... like TURN-A GUNDAM all over again – Bigshot outsider-from-franchise redecorates the house and leaves bewildered and dismayed fans behind.

Except Turn-A had a good story.

Erm...I see where you're going with this analogy, but wasn't Turn-A done by Tomino? :wacko:

After being forced (mildly) to sit through the new Miami Vice film I am filled with hate for any writers who think they can resurect any 1970`s or 1980`s T.V programes or toylines. That film was pointless. The shame of it is that I now belive the TF film will be as bad or worse at best. Im not asking for a carbon copy real version of the cartoon but some sembalance of similarity would be good. Then again with Speilberg in charge what can you expect. He has made some good films but all I need to say is Jarassic Park. Great book shame that the film has only two similarites to the book (the name and the Dinosaurs). At least it was a good film though. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

I pointed my brother to the posts and pictures on Macross Nexus. He is quite open to change and such and is a senior engineer in electomechanical enginnering, he is probably the most sensable person I know.

This is what he said in his email to me.

"Oh my. They've taken the realistic transformation thing a little too

seriously with Prime. You can see the engine cylinders and horns and all

sorts. And megatron? Didn't see him, but there was some strange mess of

twisted metal standing next to Prime in one picture."

I thik I may have to go see it just so I can say I walked out before the end. (as I didnt get the chance with Miami Vice)

Edited by big F

Then again with Speilberg in charge what can you expect. He has made some good films but all I need to say is Jarassic Park. Great book shame that the film has only two similarites to the book (the name and the Dinosaurs).

I think you're thinking of The Lost World. The first JP was fairly close.

Heck, Crichton even cowrote the screenplay for the first movie.

I think you're thinking of The Lost World. The first JP was fairly close.

Heck, Crichton even cowrote the screenplay for the first movie.

not close enough. and jp3 was compiled of scenes not used from the plots of 1 and 2. and they omited the fact in jp 2 that the dinos all had mad cow disease

Erm...I see where you're going with this analogy, but wasn't Turn-A done by Tomino? :wacko:

I think he meant that the Turn-A Gundam design was done by Syd Mead of Blade Runner design fame instead of well-known Japanese mech artists.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought you guys should know (if you care) that you could submit a line that Optimus Prime will speak in the movie now at the official website.

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

10 winners will have their lines voiced by Peter Cullen with the winning entry make it into the movie. Considering that only one line will be chosen, I guess you have to make the line as "Un-transformers" as possible, so "Till All Are One" etc are most definately going to be in there already anyway.

My entries: (although i'm not eligible cuz i'm not american :p )

1.) HELLO WORLD.....

2.) MY PRIMUS, SPIKE. THAT IS FUBAR-ED

Edited by wolfx

Okay fanboys! Michael Bay has heard your pleas and has gone back and redesigned Optimus Prime! Instead of flames painted on the sides, the new Prime will spit flames out of his smoke stacks and THREE LARGE AFTERBURNING JET ENGINES!!! :o

post-342-1160460702_thumb.jpg

post-342-1160460733_thumb.jpg

post-342-1160460774_thumb.jpg

post-342-1160460796_thumb.jpg

jet truck is one of those side show acts that performs while you're waiting for the blue angles to get ready. i highly doubt he's in the TF movie.

Truckasaurus on the other hand....

Before too many people fall for my trick...

Les Shockley's Shockwave and Super Shockwave.

I saw Shockwave perform for the first time at an air show a little over two weeks ago. That was friggin' awesome seeing a large semi truck rippin' down the runway a at a few hundred miles per hour. :D

*spoilers*

Why is it the Energon cube sounds like the matrix in the comics? (The Creation Matrix)??? would it have been so hard for them to use the Matrix as the thing that the autobots and decepticons are trying to retreive? that would have made the movie already a 1000 times better. Because Energon cube clearly has the route word Energy so it they wanted Energon they should have kept it as a power source... but if they wanted something to animate robots they should have had the creation matrix.

Still going to watch the movie... I just can't not. but come on Every TF fan knows the matrix making it the objective would just be so much better then Megs could wear it on a chain like Lenord Nimoy-tron did, and at the end Optimus could put it in his chest.

Edit: Not to mention it would open up things to include the Primus and Unicron of the comics in a sequal.

And Starscream gets away when all the other decepticons are defeated? *yawn* come on done before.

Edited by lord_breetai

• 2 weeks later...

And "prime time" made the cut.

I officially give up, this movie will suck.

:p

you just now realized that

"Do a barrel roll!"

"these pretzels are making me thirsty"

oh god, why? why?

its a shame that this has gone the way that it has. i was looking forward to this

so long ago and not shortly finding out more andmore about the facts about the

movie I've become mor and more dissatisfied by all the Crap that these "visionaries"

have thrown into the mix.

"Prime time" ??

Transformers Fans will have pretend that this movie NEVER happened