Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

i just dont see that as any great improvement. The head looks too small also.

I kind of like how they tried to keep the original head design, it shows a bit of reverence to OP and his G1 awesomeness.

On the other hand, the 'bot mode looks a little thin and could use some bulking up or a better paint scheme. The flames on blue make him look a bit robotosexual. They should've stuck with the original red cab semi.

go rent the special edition that came out a month or two ago and compare them

its has a completely different feel to it

which is just how this "TF" Movie seems to be going.

I personally thought the american Godzilla was pretty entertaining. Why do u guys think its bad?

Because someone with even less of a life then them decided that it was, and because this man is the ultimate lifeless nerd his word is law in such matters.

Edited by anime52k8

granted both had cheesy source material... man in suit and animated talking robots, but both have so much cool factor if done right. Both are just cases of film makers buying franchises that already have a set audience.

Somehow, this reminds me more of what the Americans did to Godzilla than anything....

Except that Transformers (the show, that is) was American to begin with. I'll give you Godzilla. Now, in MY opinion - the recent Japanese incarnations of TF suck. I'm talking about the Armadaverse (Armada-Energon-Cybertron). Heck I even dislike TF: Victory. Headmasters was the only Japanese TF show that I enjoyed. It's more a case of Hollywood effing things up.

I'm excited for the movie. The toys are looking pretty good so far as well.

Edited by meh_cd

Hollywood / Bay shouldn't have strayed so far

from the original and then maybe just maybe I wouldn't dislike this

quite so much. I just dont see this be all that great.

post-3216-1167797328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

Hollywood / Bay shouldn't have strayed so far

from the original and then maybe just maybe I wouldn't dislike this

quite so much. I just dont see this be all that great.

meh, the original wasn't as great as people make it out to be.

meh, the original wasn't as great as people make it out to be.

I just watched the original movie, I thought it was still pretty decent. Man, talk about a violent cartoon! I mean, here were all these characters we, as children, liked in the show, and the first half hour of the movie goes about finding new ways to kill most of them. NICE! StarScream's corronation was pretty funny, it was kind of like Ash with his boomstick. "WHO ELSE WANTS SOME??... YOU!? YOU WANT SOME??"

I just watched the original movie, I thought it was still pretty decent. Man, talk about a violent cartoon! I mean, here were all these characters we, as children, liked in the show, and the first half hour of the movie goes about finding new ways to kill most of them. NICE! StarScream's corronation was pretty funny, it was kind of like Ash with his boomstick. "WHO ELSE WANTS SOME??... YOU!? YOU WANT SOME??"

Abit slow on the bandwagon aren't you? :lol:

Well at least you didn't get your childhood raped by Prime's death. :p

Well at least you didn't get your childhood raped by Prime's death.

Guess I should have clarified, I just watched it again for the first time since I saw it in the theater as a child. I remember really liking it back then though which is what drove me to watch it again. Even then I was into the toys more than the shows so I guess the effect wasn't so profound on me.

I watched that yesterday.

Starscream's coronation was funny for other reasons. Like the Constructicons playing trumpets. In space. Despite the fact that three of them don't even have mouths.

I just saw a trailer for the movie and all I can say is that I'm looking forward to this movie (opinion hasn't changed since I first heard about the movie despite having seen the trailer).

There are really only two things that I'd like to see in this movie: Transformer deaths and Optimus Prime saying "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." I could probably care less about the human character development...I want to see (Transformer) death, destruction, and chaos! More "importantly"...moreover...I just mainly want to see transformers...forget any human character development/involvement!

As other has have pointed out, some of these recent Transformers cartoons aren't all that great. I too believe that, though because the of the human involvement in the cartoons. I don't recall seeing THAT MUCH human involvement in the G1 cartoon...in comparison to some of the newer Transformer cartoons. Anyway....

(Sorry if I haven't made complete coherent thoughts that make sense...been drinking a little too much coke and rum tonight. ...Btw, love the built-in spell checker on Firefox 2.)

Edit:Here's the Transformers trailer that I was talking about.

Edited by Oihan

(This is in response to some of the comments posted in this thread in recent months)

I think I probably said it earlier in this thread, but what are some of you people expecting from this movie? Though I enjoyed the cartoon (at least up to the the 1986 movie), had an attachement to the characters, and bought the first two seasons on DVD, there was much of the original series that defied reality/physics and continuity. 20 foot tall robots transforming into hand held guns and cassette players, two different origin stories for the Constructicons - either built on Earth by the Decepticons or friends with Omega Supreme millions of years ago (not to mention they represented 20th century Earth construction vehicles millions of years before such things would exist!), Starcream was suppose to be a futuristic looking starfighter millions of years ago, but when he and Skyfire came to Earth millions of years ago, he looked like an F-15 (again, millions of years before such a thing would exist), Optimus Prime getting blasted to pieces in at least one or more episodes, but in the movie, one or two blasts kill him, and so on and so forth. I think some of you guys are putting the original cartoons on way too high of a pedastal in regards to judging the upcoming live action movie before it's complete and you have even seen it.

I say enjoy the movie for what it is... an original story and take on the Transformer universe. :)

(This is in response to some of the comments posted in this thread in recent months)

I think I probably said it earlier in this thread, but what are some of you people expecting from this movie? Though I enjoyed the cartoon (at least up to the the 1986 movie), had an attachement to the characters, and bought the first two seasons on DVD, there was much of the original series that defied reality/physics and continuity. 20 foot tall robots transforming into hand held guns and cassette players, two different origin stories for the Constructicons - either built on Earth by the Decepticons or friends with Omega Supreme millions of years ago (not to mention they represented 20th century Earth construction vehicles millions of years before such things would exist!), Starcream was suppose to be a futuristic looking starfighter millions of years ago, but when he and Skyfire came to Earth millions of years ago, he looked like an F-15 (again, millions of years before such a thing would exist), Optimus Prime getting blasted to pieces in at least one or more episodes, but in the movie, one or two blasts kill him, and so on and so forth. I think some of you guys are putting the original cartoons on way too high of a pedastal in regards to judging the upcoming live action movie before it's complete and you have even seen it.

I say enjoy the movie for what it is... an original story and take on the Transformer universe. :)

Blasphemy. Cut out your tongue.

Ps - I totally agree. When I wanna see something shot out of the air without so much as a second glance I come to MW. Hardcore haters sometimes. Haha

there's a diffrence between changing things to make the story work.. (like, ok, maybe megatron can't be a hand held gun.. )

and changing things because you feel the need to change EVERYTHING no matter how well it worked originally and for no real purpose... (what exactly was wrong with prime being a red, flat nosed semi? how does that help the movie obey the laws of physics?)

it's hard to "sit back and enjoy" something that is basicly a slap in the face to everything you originally enjoyed about the franchise.

things have been changed that don't need to be changed and dont' solve any problems you mentioned.

exactly how is ANOTHER telling of the g1 transformers going to be any better than 2 origin storys for the constructicons? how is it not exactly the same as fracturing the franchise even more?

Except that Transformers (the show, that is) was American to begin with. I'll give you Godzilla. Now, in MY opinion - the recent Japanese incarnations of TF suck. I'm talking about the Armadaverse (Armada-Energon-Cybertron). Heck I even dislike TF: Victory. Headmasters was the only Japanese TF show that I enjoyed. It's more a case of Hollywood effing things up.

I'm excited for the movie. The toys are looking pretty good so far as well.

The show was American but the Transformers (G1) were designed in Japan as toys from different lines.

agreed.

The show was American but the Transformers (G1) were designed in Japan as toys from different lines.

Yeah the G1 stuff was originally gonna have people in it hence the seats on some of the toys (e.g Roller).

My bro found a pattent aplication filed by Takara for a transforming Gun, in the early 80`s which is Megatron Albeit some slight changes.

In the pattent it shows a 3rd mode with a figure sat in a seated position like a gun turret sort of thing.

If any ones bohtered I`ll try and find the print out of it and scan it and post it.

I said "the show, that is". I know that the toys came from Diaclone/Microman and all of the other assorted Japanese and Korean companies.

Megatron was designed to look like the weapons used in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", a TV show from the sixties.

Anyway, here's the tripod that was mentioned above. There's a different version where he is black instead of silver. I'm not sure if that was the original or not.

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showphoto.p...oto/826/cat/676

Edited by meh_cd