Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

"Check out the first image of Transformers Movie Megatron full body in CGI by CLICKING HERE.

You can also check out the teaser trailer on the Official Transformers Movie website by clicking here, then click here to see all the past Transformers Movie images."

http://www.tfw2005.com/index.php

thats where i got the pic

well he is Silver. :p

As much as its been said before i just dont see how Bay or anyone associated with this movie could have

said that this or some of the other designs would be accpted. I wouldn't have minded these new designs

so much if they just werent so extreme. I cant find a common ground on these designs. As much as I want

(hope) this will be a good movie the departure from and obvious disregard for G1 fans (me) doesnt let

me like the movie. I hope that they prove me wrong and this is one great movie. But old spindly fingers

there is gonna make it hard to even want to go to a matinee.

He looks alien... neat... considering the TFs are alien in origin. They have their camo modes and their alien modes.

Some of the movies designs look like ass, but some look cool. I'm disappointed with Megatron's hands (though they are rather claw-like which I kind of dig) but as a whole I like his design. I do wish that they would have made his hands better though, seeing as how they designed him from the ground up you would think that his robot form would have nicer hands. But as with Darth Vader, I won't let hands ruin a movie for me.

As for the BTs and Alternators... I think that the majority of both look like ass outside of their vehicle forms. So, I suppose there is a flip side to that coin. All in all, I like them because they look like they can move with the fluidity that I appreciate in lifeforms.

Edited by Max Jenius

He looks alien... neat... considering the TFs are alien in origin. They have their camo modes and their alien modes.[/qoute]

I dont know ... neat isnt how I describe it. Its so skeletal, especially that face .... oooh

Some of the movies designs look like ass, but some look cool. I'm disappointed with Megatron's hands (though they are rather claw-like which I kind of dig) but as a whole I like his design. I do wish that they would have made his hands better though, seeing as how they designed him from the ground up you would think that his robot form would have nicer hands. But as with Darth Vader, I won't let hands ruin a movie for me.

The hands look like they couldnt grab anything. i dont get the D Vader reference but ok.

As for the BTs and Alternators... I think that the majority of both look like ass outside of their vehicle forms. So, I suppose there is a flip side to that coin. All in all, I like them because they look like they can move with the fluidity that I appreciate in lifeforms.

i like the BTs and Alts. Guess its a G1 thing.

However the only one I have liked so far is the new Ravage.

Megatron... the intelligent deception leader reduced to a skeletal dinosaur savage. I can see it already. Megatron will have no brains, just a bad ass brawler. Megs deserved better. He looks way to feral to hold a conversation, let alone order the other bad bots around.

I think most of us already posted our opinions of movie megs. Mine was he looks like a crushed up soda can. with a really, really scary head. RAAR!

you got to admit that most people are pouring forth the hate because the designs are not more faithful to their cartoon counterparts. IMO, the original designs aren't going to translate to live action. Many of the cars are not going to make any sense interacting with people as most/all of the internal volume is taken up by legs and arms and heads and other bits. Sure people bring up Alt/BT line... but look at one in bot mode and tell me it won't look funny to see robots running on seats turned into feet or their torso's. I love my jaz BT, but if he were real, he would have leather seats as love handles. Even MPC convoy is wonky in car mode... he only has one seat for example and his passanger would have to sit cross legged in the cab.

The transformers benefited from anime magic like no other.. magically dynamic size, volume and bulk appearing and disapearing, body parts materializing from no where or disapearing to no where.

I'm not complaining that the designs are different. Just that they're ugly.

I also think the Alternators look funny. But not outright ugly.

And yah, the originals benefited greatly from anime magic.

But still... The Bayformers have sliding metal plates everywhere... why not add sliding metal plates over the Alternators seats and wheels? That'd spruce up a lot of them. Though they still wouldn't have trunks or back seats.

But I doubt there's REALLY room for them in the Bayformers. Hollywood tends to have a poor grasp of physics, even when they claim to be doing it right.

Regarding the whole disapearing and reappearing body parts in the Cartoons. Now I whole heartedly agree that the Anime magic crown should go to Transformers, but IIRC there was an episode that had an Insecticon whose weapon materialized into his hand with a nifty sound affect. This says to me that there could be some sort of matter control. If SoundWave can produce electronic fields that can crush matter to produce pure energy then simply magicing up you gun or squishing your atoms into smaller spaces cant be too hard. So the one real beef about size dosent really stand.

As I understand things, the official excuse was supposed to be that they tucked excess mass into a pocket dimension, or something. It just never showed up in the media.

Compressing/expanding the structure is problematic because that changes volume, but mass(and thus weight) stay constant.

So you either have REALLY light robots, or REALLY heavy guns and tape decks.

Since humans could lift Megatron and Soundwave, neither of whom blew away when the wind picked up, mass has to be variable.

This movie has never been Transformers the movie. Its always been Michael Bay's Big Transforming Robots movie.

Its beyond transformers. I wouldnt even call it GoBots. Megs looks almost like a new insecticon or something. Just horrible.

Is it just me, or does Megs look like a pile of scrapmetal glued together?

I saw the recycle trucks at the city dump pushing out great piles of crushed up cand and food tins, and Imediately though Megatron, May be he is a junkion. "Your smashed up friend good as new" "bar weep grana weep nini bon"

Well maybe more of the weep.

kelsain,

you have a point, mass between the 2 cab styles would make their choice a sensible one.

bigger truck = bigger bot mode. :)

but from what i'm seeing, i don't believe they're moving the same amount of metal. stuff looks like they just disappear or appear (and morph). for me, it just looks like the same old animation magic, but with CGI

right now, they look like TRANSMORPHMERS to me, or "Invasion of the Maladroids" or something

but that's just me :lol:

but seriously, it's the technical & design stuff i don't like. i'm not "it ain't g1 enough!"

but i do believe they could've made better choices with these things. it could have been much better!

it just looks like they were pulling crap from their asses from the beginning & making excuses on this one

:)

Does this megatron look anything like megatron?

Which Megatron, though? Gun? Tank? T-Rex? Mechanical T-Rex? Dragon? Robot Dragon? Any of the crap, crap, crap "new" TF designs from Cybertron/Energon/etc.? How are those "related"?

Face it, the G1 designs were retired LONG before this movie was even announced. When this movie comes out, I'm going to see it with a blank slate in my mind. This is a complete re-telling of the TF story, from the ground up and I'm going to treat it like that.

The G1 designs will always have a nostalgic place in my heart, but they're hardly the OMG TEH ONLY AWSOME! that most people ascribe to them.

Well you could say the VF-0 is a facelift of the VF-1. While different "looks" they still look related.

Do you also hate the the VF-11, YF-19, YF-21? Those have almost nothing to do with the VF-1, so do they deserve the same amount of vitrol directed to them?

Let's face it, if we saw Megatron as some giant transforming hand gun on the big silver screen we'd all think it was pretty frakkin' LAME!!! Maybe I'd buy a big ass mobile cannon at best. Think about it!!! How lame was it when he was transforming in mid air while firing away? I'm sure Bay will come up with something unique that make a helluva lot more sense!

Do you also hate the the VF-11, YF-19, YF-21? Those have almost nothing to do with the VF-1, so do they deserve the same amount of vitrol directed to them?

There's an important difference... the VF-11, YF-19, and YF-21 aren't ugly.

And they look like valks. Macross/Robotech fans who have never seen Plus, will recognize them as valks.

I have showed pics of Megs to everybody I know that knows TF's but not enough to have seen the new designs--and NONE suspect that is Megs, much less that he's a TF. They simply see "a robot". if that.

And they look like valks. Macross/Robotech fans who have never seen Plus, will recognize them as valks.

I have showed pics of Megs to everybody I know that knows TF's but not enough to have seen the new designs--and NONE suspect that is Megs, much less that he's a TF. They simply see "a robot". if that.

The guys here at work keep looking at me like i'm making this up.

its always "Thats Not Megatron!" and "WTF!" Really what are they supposed to say or think.

Nobody has said "Hey that looks just him" or "I remember him from the show". (any Show)

If it had been marketed as Mecha / Robot / Sentient Invaders or something. Then No Big Deal.

Im not impressed with megatrons design either. IIRC, this is the first movie in a series. Maybe megatron will evolve once he has been on earth for some time. Maybe they have a suprise for us and megatron will be better by the end of this movie. I just hope they make megatron cunning, and not some stupid ohf(sp).

Megs evolved throughout the beast wars series and ended up a giant head on beast machines.

right now, they look like TRANSMORPHMERS to me, or "Invasion of the Maladroids" or something

As long as they don't say "I am Transformed!!"

Despite all his different looks, all of the Megatrons had roughly the same facial features. I actually thought the Giant Head Megs of BeastMachines S2 was the coolest looking of the bunch. No lips or nose, but you could tell by the eyes that it was him. This pictue looks like a pirahna skull or something. That and, if you're not bound by your disguise, build some decent claws into your vehicle mode. They look like the little grabbing tools that come in computer repair kits.

Edited by Kelsain

Michael Bay's next major motion picture, Bionicles the Movie!

Where the Bionicles are shaped more like cars... because he doesn't want to do it for the fans... he wants to do it for everyone, and everyone has cars.

those are hands ? :blink:

i thought they were potato peelers, onion peelers or some sort of super kitchen utensil :lol:

"i am transformed" sounds more like it's gonna show up in some special edition DVD, maybe in subtitles

well, it doesn't sound SO bad... but what if they said it in 'ye olde english' ?

:lol:

Im not impressed with megatrons design either. IIRC, this is the first movie in a series. Maybe megatron will evolve once he has been on earth for some time. Maybe they have a suprise for us and megatron will be better by the end of this movie. I just hope they make megatron cunning, and not some stupid ohf(sp).

Megs evolved throughout the beast wars series and ended up a giant head on beast machines.

Unless the script was changed alot Megs doesn't go any further then this movie.