Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Is the "wheels splitting and sliding" a sure thing, or just a guess by someone?

It's a sure thing, just look carefully at the bot mode CG and you'll notice it.

So why have 4 extra?

Simply to be true to the alt mode.

Also, it makes the thighs look sleeker, helping the overall proportions.

Is the "wheels splitting and sliding" a sure thing, or just a guess by someone? Because if they want to hide wheels in bot mode, just having fewer wheels is a lot easier, and why else have such customized, tight-fitting, full-style rear fenders if for no other reason than to hide the 'strange' look of super-single rears from the audience etc?

After being around and having to listen to a buddy of mine talk about trucks all day long I can tell you those fenders aren't to hide anything. They are just a nice looking customization.

As for "super single" tires, there is nothing new about them and they aren't all the rave. Most drivers won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. They are more for secondary wheel systems on trailers and dump/trash vehicles.

As for "super single" tires, there is nothing new about them and they aren't all the rave. Most drivers won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. They are more for secondary wheel systems on trailers and dump/trash vehicles.

Hmmmm theres a vehicle that Prime hasnt been yet a Trash Lorry, or dumptruck whatever you call em.

chewie----my point about the fenders was why the MOVIE had THAT particular style which seemed to "hide" the inner wheels exceptionally well. Most rear fenders aren't nearly that "conformal", and you usually just see quarter or half fenders. 3/4 aren't all that common, and full are pretty rare from what I've seen.

And super singles are rapidly growing in popularity---they weigh less, and have less rolling resistance. The sheer fact that they are now offered as factory options shows they're more desirable for the fuel savings. Yes they're ugly and an expensive initial investment, and have more severe consequences for a blow out. But when you're paying $4000 a month in fuel, anything to reduce that starts to look attractive.

If you really want to, I can use Mod Powerâ„¢ and make it so. :)

Weilds the ultimate power around with casual abandonment. All shall tremble before me muh muh muh muh haa!!!

:p

Yes they're ugly and an expensive initial investment, and have more severe consequences for a blow out.

That'll pretty much be the telling blow right there once serious accident rates start to go up and/or the insurance company's decide to charge more to deter their usage to save themselves money.

-BOT-

The new Blackout toy doesn't look overly bad, but it's still not good compared to the movies and it will be awhile for a much better version comes out.

It turns out Starscream's toys are licensed Lockheed-Martin F-22 Raptor merchandise, which is interesting given the main figure does not look like a very good F-22 toy.

I hope they do a bigger scale one later on that isn't crippled by a dodgy gimmick.

It turns out Starscream's toys are licensed Lockheed-Martin F-22 Raptor merchandise, which is interesting given the main figure does not look like a very good F-22 toy.

I hope they do a bigger scale one later on that isn't crippled by a dodgy gimmick.

This is what I wish for too. $40/leader pricepoint/sizeclass should solve all the problems...hell even give him realistic landing gear! I'd rather have that than an ultimate $80 bumblebee.

F-16, A-10, F-117, and F-35 are in the film as well. Wonder if they will be made as toys.

Licensing means NOTHING. Trust me. NOTHING for accuracy. It is PERMISSION, not a guarantee.

Know the least-accurate Super Hornet money can buy? The one Boeing licensed and sells in their gift shops, with the big "Accurate and approved by Boeing" sticker on the box.

The most-accurate one, beating many plastic models? The unlicensed one made in an anonymous factory in Hong Kong.

Overall, the following statement is quite true, having seen most every model out there:

The licensed one is the least accurate, the unlicensed one is the most accurate.

Other stuff: Boeing often rejects corporate models because of the shade of grey or blue used for the windows/canopy glass. Yup. Couldn't care less about the shape of the mold.

American Airlines sometimes licenses models of planes they never operated, because the woman in charge really doesn't know airplanes that well--AA's only concern, and thus her job, is to make sure the tail logo isn't printed backwards. If that's right--it's approved. You could probably get them to approve a Concorde in AA colors, if the logo was right--but that one might be distinctive enough that they'd catch on.

Toyfare interviews Hasbro's Director of Marketing (and frequent Botcon Hasbro panelist) Greg Lombardo about the movie toyline, including some great photos of Leader Class Optimus Prime. Looks like he has rubber tires.

Clicky

Mirrored pics at TFW2005.com

Thanks to Type-R of www.tfw2005.com for the link.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

God those look terrible. Frenzy looks like a kit bash between the terminator and a ginsu knife. Megatron has no nose. How in the hell do they expect the average movie goer to pick up all of those minute details in a darkened movie theatre on screen? Part of my problem with the designs is that their faces won't be able to depict any emotion or character from the characters. The voice actors better do one hell of a job.

Ever get the impression that M.B. wants to make the statement that Japan culture = evil bad guys? I mean basically all of the D-con's have various samurai helmet styled heads. Where as the Autobots have more american styled heads(Bumblebee's head looks like a football helmet)

IPB Image

Either way it's clear that he wants to ride the current japanese = win train...

Edited by chrono

What happened to the main TF superthread?

Ever get the impression that M.B. wants to make the statement that Japan culture = evil bad guys? I mean basically all of the D-con's have various samurai helmet styled heads. Where as the Autobots have more american styled heads(Bumblebee's head looks like a football helmet)

That's a load of bull, mate. You're taking your displeasure of the movie way too far to the point of paranoia and silliness if you're going to turn it into a racism issue.

In movies like independance day the world was saved by americans not the united nations like in macross. Hollywood movies always have americans as the good guys, and everyone else is evil. Didn't you already know that? It's always been that way! :D

I'm glad that games like Halo feature australians in it to show there is more than just yanks saving earth from aliens. (oh no offense to future alien races that read this that we might make peace with in future. Aliens aren't always evil either but in most of my faveourite scifi movies they happen to want eat humans, invade earth, or destroy us if not enslave.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That's a load of bull, mate. You're taking your displeasure of the movie way too far to the point of paranoia and silliness if you're going to turn it into a racism issue.

Hardly, because calling it racism is a load of bull in of itself especially given how clear the influences are in the designs. You don't use a design style unless you are making a point. And please don't attempt to project. Your not skilled enough to. :rolleyes:

In movies like independance day the world was saved by americans not the united nations like in macross. Hollywood movies always have americans as the good guys, and everyone else is evil. Didn't you already know that? It's always been that way! biggrin.gif

LOL! Point taken. You win. :D

Hardly, because calling it racism is a load of bull in of itself especially given how clear the influences are in the designs. You don't use a design style unless you are making a point. And please don't attempt to project. Your not skilled enough to. :rolleyes:

That's a huge bizzarro leap in logic. Even if, IF they were designed to emulate japanese samurai armour in some vague fashion, why in the hell would it be a 'point' or 'statement' about anything? Can't things be designed with the idea that it looks 'cool' anymore? These are Transformers, not Political Statement Super Robots of Supreme Justice.

And what's with the insult? Did I insult you? No, I questioned your logic.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

It would be good if the TF had an alien language and like in a mel gibson movie, you had to watch the entire thing with subtitles because it was trying to be authentic. This way people would be reminded that these are from a different world. Alien robots not human robots. Totally unique technology from the stuff humans have. With star wars it made the movie more realistic becaue you had to have c3p0 translate what people kept saying. Always reminding us the aliens have different ways of doing stuff. Prime would have to learn to speak and humans would have to create something to translate the language. Much better than have him start to speak english at the beginning of the movie.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker