Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Nice transformation sequences. Too bad Starscream's robot mode doesn't look that great. The original G1 transformation sound thrown in when Optimus transforms didn't sound like it fit in that well. It was kind of funny when the guy says, "Must be Japanese." I've seen better Japanese designs for robots. Imagine if the humans in the movie made large robots to make a fight against the Decepticons. They'd probably look more solid, armored, and better looking with no exposed inner parts.

Yeah, I have to agree, the original G1 sound effect did not really match to smoothly. As much as I dislike starscreams bot mode, he seem like he will be a major character in the movie. Starscream is a beast. I cant wait to see how megatrons character plays out. When I see megatron, the song rammstein starts playing in my head.

The Blackout transformation sequence reminded me a lot of Roy Rokker in the VF-0S. You know the episode where after he transformed to Battroid mode he picked up a boulder and used it as a decoy against Ivanov.

Oh yeah, Starscream backflipping then transforming into a Raptor FTW!!! I sooooo get it now, why the original G1 transformation sounds would not sound right if used in the movie.

Edited by grss1982

Well I'm vastly more interested in seeing those designs move and transform than a bunch of boxy stuff an amateur 3D animator could pull off.

:rolleyes:

99% of the time, the 1% is all-a-rounders, Professional Animators have nothing to do with the designs nor how they transform. They are little more than techs. under the direction of the director or lead. Clearly you don't have any idea of how it works in the 3D industry nor the hobbyist arena, so just shut the fart up.

sh002, EXCELLENT point! And thanks for pointing out what's been bugging me about the designs.

I haven't been this excited to see a movie in a long, long, loonnnggggg time! Maybe it's the fact that I grew up watching Transformers and have enjoyed the latest versions (more so the comics then the latest cartoons) as much as I can or that the new trailer is what I really needed to see to get me ready for this film but I can't wait to see this. I agree the transforming sound didn't seem to sit well but you know what, I'm willing to forgive that since I want to hear it and was hoping they add it.

Edited by Effect

99% of the time, the 1% is all-a-rounders, Professional Animators have nothing to do with the designs nor how they transform. They are little more than techs. under the direction of the director or lead. Clearly you don't have any idea of how it works in the 3D industry nor the hobbyist arena, so just shut the fart up.

Take your own advice.

Went to see Shrek, but didn't get the trailer. :(

That's just lame. :angry:

Considering that a friend of mine watched Shrek AND saw the TF trailer. :ph34r:

The starting sequence though of the trailer was kinda misleading. I thought I was watching some father-son type drama or something. :mellow::wacko:

Delicious eye candy.

The only "secret" left now is non-protoform Megatron (or did that get canned?)

sh002, EXCELLENT point! And thanks for pointing out what's been bugging me about the designs.

:lol:

Careful there, with posts like these you’ll end up drowning on your own venom one of these days.

I don't think Megatron was ever meant to have an Earth mode, since he's frozen/imprisoned, later breaks out and goes on a rampage during the climax.

well, the proper word is "Plasma" so in essence, yes they'll have a mixed variety of weapons, missiles, plasma weapons, rail guns, etc etc.

Megatron seems to have some kind of super cannon thingy fashioned out of both his arms joining together.

I recall the 25 minute preview reports said Blackout fired lasers during the military base attack.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Death beam, Laser beam, Plasma beam, to the uneducated they are one in the same. Im sure that even if we are told (in the film ) that they are Plasma, the majority of people watching will still refer to them as Lasers. Its just that Lasers have been engrained in the Sci Fi world for so long now that everyone has to have one.

• 2 weeks later...

This just in: Steve Jablonbsky is doing the music score, and apparently they are using taiko drums!

http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=235

I'm pleased to hear this, Jablonsky did the music for Steamboy, and I liked that. In fact, out of sheer coincidence this morning I was watching the interview with him on the DVD as I had my breakfast.

Clip of Prime fighting Bonecrusher on the freeway, as seen on the MTV 'awards' (and I use the latter term loosely).

Its a more complete scene of the often-seen trailer segment where Bonecrusher smashes the bus and tackles Prime, but this time shows what happens before and immediately afterwards.

Okay quality on Youtube

File download for better visual quality clip

If you see a bright beam with a *fffft!* sound, then it's not a laser. Lasers are invisible and soundless.

the light source makes noise, ever see cosmetic surgery?

Judging by the poll, the overall prediction is either the movie will suck or just be a decent popcorn flick. So who in here will spend the 4th of July at the theatres watching this film?

HI all,

I will, lol....

Judging by the poll, the overall prediction is either the movie will suck or just be a decent popcorn flick. So who in here will spend the 4th of July at the theatres watching this film?

I will be there with bells on.

The poll itself has a significantly flawed (unless we're able to change our votes) because this thread started a very long time ago, and most of the people who voted (good, bad, okay) did not see a SINGLE FRAME of film or animation.

I think its time for a new poll given a fair number (of course, not all) people have either been suitably impressed and changed their minds in light of actual footage of the TFs actually doing stuff.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

The poll itself has a significantly flawed (unless we're able to change our votes) because this thread started a very long time ago, and most of the people who voted (good, bad, okay) did not see a SINGLE FRAME of film or animation.

I think its time for a new poll given a fair number (of course, not all) people have either been suitably impressed and changed their minds in light of actual footage of the TFs actually doing stuff.

Yeah I honestly don't remember how I voted, though I think my vote was a lot less judgemental and more optimistic. Especially in the last few weeks and months, I've been really psyched to see this movie.