Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Guest sh002

Where is Lion when you need them? I'd rather hear their version than this.

This looked pretty cool with the original movie theme.

Edited by sh002

Guest sh002

Character designs-not so great

Alt modes-not so great

Robot faces-not so great

Toys-not so great

Merchandising-over the top

Music-not so great

Bumblebee always gets picked on. He's been destroyed more times than Waspinator from Beast Wars :D

Actually he only gets trashed once in the film and that is in the final battle. The US Govt was kind enough to rebuild him afterward though.

He changes from 75 camaro to 2008 camaro when sam criticizes him for choosing to look like crap. Turns out these guys can reformat their vehicle modes at will.

Frenzy does it with his head after it gets knocked off.

If anyone wants any real spoiler stuff PM me.

Edited by HWR MKII

Judging by the poll, the overall prediction is either the movie will suck or just be a decent popcorn flick. So who in here will spend the 4th of July at the theatres watching this film?

I will since I live in the U.K 4th of July is just another day that happens to be my friends wedding aniversary.

The previously linked song is definitely Linkin Park, just listen to it and some Linkin Park songs. As you can see from the Mutemath version on myspace and the three other Mutemath songs there they are DEFINITELY not by the same band. Come on, the first version is by Linkin Park, they are even on the soundtrack album. They probably just had several different versions of the theme and just picked one later on to be the official song.

They are both comically bad. The Mutemath version sounds like how Sting would cover the TF theme song.

The previously linked song is definitely Linkin Park, just listen to it and some Linkin Park songs. As you can see from the Mutemath version on myspace and the three other Mutemath songs there they are DEFINITELY not by the same band. Come on, the first version is by Linkin Park, they are even on the soundtrack album. They probably just had several different versions of the theme and just picked one later on to be the official song.

They are both comically bad. The Mutemath version sounds like how Sting would cover the TF theme song.

I was thinking, they're probably just overeacting, then I DL'ed the music myself. OUCH... I think my ears are still bleeding.

Wow. "HAY GUYS IT SOUNDS SIMILAR SO IT MUST BE THE SAME BAND. AMIRITE?" I can assure you 100% that it is not Linkin Park. Just because the song has rock + rap it doesn't mean you can lump it with some band that you despise. And the song on the album is their new single... I don't see how that makes ANY difference. :rolleyes:

I'm not even a huge fan of LP but it is getting old seeing people jump to conclusions.

Wow. "HAY GUYS IT SOUNDS SIMILAR SO IT MUST BE THE SAME BAND. AMIRITE?" I can assure you 100% that it is not Linkin Park. Just because the song has rock + rap it doesn't mean you can lump it with some band that you despise. And the song on the album is their new single... I don't see how that makes ANY difference. :rolleyes:

I'm not even a huge fan of LP but it is getting old seeing people jump to conclusions.

Alright, then who is it? Because it is not Mute Math, that is for sure.

From Mute Math's myspace blog: "Mute Math have recorded the original Transformers theme for the forthcoming movie and soundtrack to be released 7.3.07. There are other versions of the theme available online with our name incorrectly listed as the performing artist, so to help clear up any confusion, we've added a brief sample of our version here on Myspace, hope you enjoy!"

Also you can download the whole Mute Math version from: http://www.plunder.com/Transformers-movie-...nload-65518.htm

Edited by Ginrai

So if they're already dead set on three movies, I wonder what the chances are of Unicron making an appearance somewhere in there?

As long as he isn't given the same treatment Galactus is given in rise of the Silversurfer. <_<

I heard someone say Galactus will be a giant gas cloud or something in the Silver Surfer movie. Ja, seriously doubt there's any danger of that. They may be making lots of choices I dislike with the TF movie, but at least they're still robots that transform into other things. I'm sure I'll piss and moan at his design (I hate these movie designs) if they do have him in one of the future movies, but so long as the movie is fun to watch otherwise I'll be mostly alright with it.

I've heard the same about Galactus as well, so it must be true.

I'd leave Unicron out of the Transformers films very bad idea. Besides there are way too many other autobots/decepticons I'd rather see in the sequels.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that our local cinema chain will only be showing it from the 27th of July.

Great so I have to find out from you guys how it is and then wait 23 days by which time most of my friends wont want to see it as they will have already bittorrented it.

IS it just me or in these clips is the action just too friggen fast to be enjoyable???

Plus I don;t recognise anyone (except maybe Optimus and Skorpinock?)

I don't want to watch the movie and keep wondering who the hell each bot is supposed to be while I'm trying to enjoy myself...

If it turns out bad, I'm thinking of a rewrite of "Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you!" song from Team America cause they mention Bey (lol). I got a temp one in my head already...

Haha...we're on the same wavelength it would seem. I drafted this up back when the first leaked images appeared of Megatron many moons ago:

"I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark

when he made Transformers

I miss you more than that movie missed the point

(and that's an awful lot girl).

And now, now you've gone away

and all I'm trying to say

is Transformers sucked

and I miss you.

I need you like ILM needs design school.

They were terrible in that film.

I need you more than the movie needed a better plot.

(I can't tell what's happening on screen)

And now all I can think about is your smile

and that sh*tty movie too.

and now all I'm trying to say

is Transformers sucked and I miss you.

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?

I guess Transformers sucked...just a little bit more than

I miss you."

Of course, my opinions of the film have changed somewhat since then, but I still can't figure out what the hell I'm looking at when certain characters appear on screen. The reviews have been pretty good so far, so I'm back to having high hopes... :unsure:

Which is why I wanted a new poll - the poll was made before ANYBODY here saw a single frame of animation, and is thus now outdated and invalid.

IS it just me or in these clips is the action just too friggen fast to be enjoyable???

Plus I don;t recognise anyone (except maybe Optimus and Skorpinock?)

I don't want to watch the movie and keep wondering who the hell each bot is supposed to be while I'm trying to enjoy myself...

If it turns out bad, I'm thinking of a rewrite of "Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you!" song from Team America cause they mention Bey (lol). I got a temp one in my head already...

Scorponok.

They sped up most of the robot scenes for the TV spots as they only have 30 seconds to show them. In one of the early tv spots they cut out a few frames of Ironhide jumping through the air, making it look abit jerky.

as much as i am not interested in this movie. hearing the original voice of prime again is a pretty big draw.

I just wish the robots wern't so stupid looking.