Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I finally got mine yesterday. I've had very little time to mess with it. I'd say some of the design choices in the shoulders and hips really damages the poseability of it compared to the bare hi-metal valk however even still it's more poseable than the Yammie with the armor on. Some very wtf design choices by Bandai, however. It's a cool like figure, it'll pose well next to my Hikaru and Max 1J's and however many Regults I decide to pick up.

So are the Regults and all of the other February Bandai goods going up for pre-order tonight? I checked in last night and saw some members getting prepared, but I figured it wouldn't be last night and instead sometime today or tonight. I just don't want to miss out, these Regults don't cost anywhere near as much as most Macross goods, and it seems like quite a few people are in for multiples, I just want to be ready to nab all that I need, plus a Figuarts Captain Phasma.

I was going for a lance, but failed and only managed three Crusaders :rolleyes:

Are these guys in line with SRC? I've actually managed to avoid every single SRC, but kinda like that it was like 6 inch figure lines between companies and generally be the same size (unlike SoC which scale all over the place), and then they almost fit in some action figure scale and be on the same shelf!

Well, the SRCs are also all over the place wrt scaling. :bump:

Nevertheless, I've attached the sizing/scaling-comparo from the hacchaka-blog review that was posted here before:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51960242.html

Height-wise, the RX-0 is 140mm while the VF-25 is about 125mm. The HM-R in GBP-mode is a bit taller at prolly around 150mm/160mm, but I think the naked 1J would be around 140mm like the RX-0.

I'll post some scale-pics when I get mine with my various toys like SRCs, RDs, and RGs.

post-263-0-00575600-1443630126_thumb.jpg

So this preorder tonight is for February release. So i guess that after the vf-1s hi metal in Novemeber there is no bandai macross stuff coming out till February? I thought Bandai released stuff every month for Macross. Weird that there isn't a dx release scheduled from Aug to Feb next year. I was hoping for a reissue at least.

So this preorder tonight is for February release. So i guess that after the vf-1s hi metal in Novemeber there is no bandai macross stuff coming out till February? I thought Bandai released stuff every month for Macross. Weird that there isn't a dx release scheduled from Aug to Feb next year. I was hoping for a reissue at least.

We'll never know. ;)

I guess they're preparing some stuff on the upcoming additional Delta announcement. A sneak peek or a big revelation. We will never know... For now, this is the BEST TIME to SAVE because once they announced Delta products... we're done. :lol:

Placeholder......says right on the page that the madness begins at 4pm japan time...

Oppsss. I didn't see that. Probably I missed it earlier or it wasn't there yet. ;)

That's 2 AM for me <_<

Edit: Not too familiar with Bandai's marketing strategies, so what are the chances Bandai releases just the heavy and micro missiles pods later on as swappable accessories, instead of all new versions later on?

I should say it's more like testing the waters on this enemy mech releases. Hopefully if this sells a lot, those add-on parts should be available via their online web exclusive shop or release it as a new complete set version. Who knows? ;)

Well, the SRCs are also all over the place wrt scaling. :bump:

Nevertheless, I've attached the sizing/scaling-comparo from the hacchaka-blog review that was posted here before:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51960242.html

Height-wise, the RX-0 is 140mm while the VF-25 is about 125mm. The HM-R in GBP-mode is a bit taller at prolly around 150mm/160mm, but I think the naked 1J would be around 140mm like the RX-0.

I'll post some scale-pics when I get mine with my various toys like SRCs, RDs, and RGs.

Here's a quick comparison I took of the Hi-Metal Roy VF-1S with the RD Unicorn Destroy mode (Full Action Ver.) to give an idea of what to expect from the fully nude VF-1J. :lol:

post-197-0-17269600-1443667371_thumb.jpg

Good night everybody. Gonna wake up later. :)

*sneaks into sh9000's room to turn off his alarm*

That's one less competitor for tonight's preorders! B))

It's 10/1 in Japan now and Regult pre-order opens at the usual 16:00JST (check your equivalent local time).

amiami: 5990y at http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014125

hobby-search: 6460y at http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10349684

I'll add other sites when I see them.

For those looking for links (looks like the hobbylink link is broken but it's been on amiami for a while...)

Edited by jenius