Hi-Metal R

joppewo

True, but i don't mean to sculpt it like the HMR versions, only to remove it, the entire nose cone on the old HM looks like it is a separate piece, might be glued together because it sure as heck isn't pulling off, could just be contour lines too.

There's got to be a way to take off the nose cone =/

Maybe one of the modelers will know the best way to attack this?

A lot of parts are connected with pins but I'm definitely not going to try to remove them on such a small figure.

All of you guys who have a 1/60 Regult model kit are lucky. That's one thing I skipped when it was available a long time ago. Too bad no company will make a 1/60 Regult toy.

Edited by sh9000

A lot of parts are connected with pins but I'm definitely not going to try to remove them on such a small figure.

All of you guys who have a 1/60 Regult model kit are lucky. That's one thing I skipped when it was available a long time ago. Too bad no company will make a 1/60 Regult toy.

yes indeed.. the world can be a cruel place at times.. :(

Thanks no3ljm,

It wasn't my intention to turn this thread into a b-fest about pre-order madness. It was just a simple observation that I thought contributed to it.

Once again, my apologies.

Whoops, I missed it. Sorry.

Hey, no worries, guys. I'm no mod here. So we're all good here. And besides, every member here is entitled to their own opinions. That's where we're good at. ;)

Congrats to everyone who had multiple PO's on this guy. Let's hope there's big chance for Bandai to make more stuff -- SDF style! :)

Glaug confirmed as the next release from the hidden Zentradi text on the official Regult page.

http://tamashii.jp/special/hi-metal_r/regult/

It says "Next Item Glaug".

After reading the page, I actually regret not preordering it as the toy was actually supervised by Miyatake Katsutaka.

I guess I'll just wait for stock upon release, no biggie.

Edited by calubin_175

Glaug confirmed as the next release from the hidden Zentradi text on the official Regult page.

http://tamashii.jp/special/hi-metal_r/regult/

It says "Next Item Glaug".

After reading the page, I actually regret not preordering it as the toy was actually supervised by Miyatake Katsutaka.

I guess I'll just wait for stock upon release, no biggie.

So I guess this line is SDF/DYRL only then? What a waste.

Starting from a standard main character vf-1 is a safe start , but it could just be a bandai thing , I mean how many RX-78 did they make? Lol. But just because it started with the vf-1 doesn't mean it only stay in SDF or DYRL . I won't be surprise once the line becomes stable they will start making other Valkyries. I'm pretty sure bandai made enough vf-25 to be tempted to make one or a couple in this line too . If anything Bandai always seems like they will go the extra mile to test their own engineering skills.

what is the relationship of hi metail r n vf 100?

The VF100 was Bandai's first foray into 1/100 scale Macross toys. The hope was that they would be budget parts-formers allowing Bandai to take more risk on less popular valkyries to create an entire universe. They began with the VF-25 toys but they were terrible. They took parts-forming to the extreme and even with all the parts-forming they weren't great looking in battroid and the joints were questionable. Customers revolted and not all the planned VF100 VF-25 toys made it to market. Bandai had already started designing a VF-19Kai for the line and with the feedback they had received they had drastically reduced the amount of parts-forming. Since the VF100 name was now toxic they decided to sale the Kai as a mid-tier product, rather than a budget offering, and rename it "Hi-Metal" to capitalize on nostalgia and try to get customers to see this line was much more perfect transformation than the dreadful VF100 line. This was before Yamato's Kai so it did alright for a little while. Then we got the VF-1 line of Hi-Metal. Unfortunately for Bandai, Yamato was flooding the market with premium VF-1 toys that were having their prices slashed to the mid-tier level Bandai was hoping to be the only fish in. So, Bandai quit the market, Yamato went out of business, and now that there are no premium VF-1 toys in the mid-tier market, Bandai has renewed the "Hi-Metal" line with apparently very minor tweaks as the "HMR" line.

But wait, that means there's now a vacancy in the premium VF-1 market... DX? I keep saying it's going to happen... it keeps not happening.