35 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

People complain about the paint job, but I think it is looking pretty good in toy-form.  

I wonder why they aren't showing it with reaction missiles.  This release does come with the missiles, doesn't it?

I'm not complaining. I'm lovin' it from the get-go. :wub:

As for the missile question, I believe it is included as per description in the Tamashii product page. And for sure, a Mikumo figure comes with it too even if it's not displayed with the Valk. So don't worry too much. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

yup, was concerned it would be too drab, but looks like a nice military-ish feel.

hopefully it would look the same in our hands.

I'm sure it will. Think of Mirage's red. ;)

6 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

People complain about the paint job, but I think it is looking pretty good in toy-form.  

I wonder why they aren't showing it with reaction missiles.  This release does come with the missiles, doesn't it?

The missiles come with the Super Parts, not the Valk itself.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

I really like that green.

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

yup, was concerned it would be too drab, but looks like a nice military-ish feel.

hopefully it would look the same in our hands.

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm sure it will. Think of Mirage's red. ;)

I though Arad's is more leaning toward the teal colour (more on the blue side) and not green or I'm not getting the correct colour code. Isn't Mirage more of a magenta (purple-red combo) hue? :unsure: 

The VF-31F head has been driving me nuts.

I scored a loose one from Jungle  for like 9000 yen when I was in Japan last November. It only had one horn and it was broken lol.

So far Just some sanding and some miliput and some test spots for the visor which will be done with Molotow Chrome followed by some Tamiya Clear Blue.

After I get the look I like I'll clean up the bottom half of the head to the original plastic, repaint the gunmetal / silver exhaust looking thingies on the sides of the chin and then decide on a good color to paint the top of the head. Prolly will just match the grey and/or put some semi-gloss black on there to cover up that milliput :p

Won't need to worry about redoing the visor as I can just mask the parts of the visor I want and everything else will be sprayed over hehehe.

I hope after it's done it looks like the head was a steady progression from the 25F to the 31F , cuz the stock design just screams 31Fail

WP_20180306_16_04_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.4570e1520b1180df1c22af6f217b5740.jpg

Edited by Duymon

34 minutes ago, Duymon said:

The VF-31F head has been driving me nuts.

I scored a loose one from Jungle  for like 9000 yen when I was in Japan last November. It only had one horn and it was broken lol.

So far Just some sanding and some miliput and some test spots for the visor which will be done with Molotow Chrome followed by some Tamiya Clear Blue.

After I get the look I like I'll clean up the bottom half of the head to the original plastic, repaint the gunmetal / silver exhaust looking thingies on the sides of the chin and then decide on a good color to paint the top of the head. Prolly will just match the grey and/or put some semi-gloss black on there to cover up that milliput :p

Won't need to worry about redoing the visor as I can just mask the parts of the visor I want and everything else will be sprayed over hehehe.

I hope after it's done it looks like the head was a steady progression from the 25F to the 31F , cuz the stock design just screams 31Fail

WP_20180306_16_04_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.4570e1520b1180df1c22af6f217b5740.jpg

That looks cool for a 31A Commander Type. :good: ;)

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

The missiles come with the Super Parts, not the Valk itself.

As per Tamashii, the Reaction Missiles do comes with Arad's 31S. Highlight in red.

vf31s_item_description.jpg.e0238b133413d1a215be2a6e5a39796c.jpg

You’re not the only one that finds the 31F head as ugly as sin. I also think it has the least interesting color scheme in the squad. And I didn't like Messer as a character either and was glad he kicked the bucket in the way he did. I don’t consider him an ace. He’s just above average.

If I wasn’t completing the DX releases since the Alto 29, I would’ve skipped the 31F. 

But if the head looked like that in the first place, I would have liked it a LOT more.

Edited by ArchieNov

They should've include a small Mikumo figure that can be mounted on the VF-31S for this 'iconic' scene. ^_^ 

Image result for mikumo vf-31s gif

And one more VF-31 variant to go. Can't wait for Saburo to reshoot this 'Sway, Slide and Pose' scene. C'mon Bandai -- Pronto! ;)

tumblr_o0anvm17aF1s40tcxo1_r1_400.gif

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

I think they are more "test tube babies," rather than true clones, as you see a lot of diversity, even among the rank and file (different faces, skin color, hair color, etc.).

Could also be explained away as mutations.Even if they're using cloning tech, that many clones across that many generations is bound to have a glitch or two or five hundred.

4 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Could also be explained away as mutations.Even if they're using cloning tech, that many clones across that many generations is bound to have a glitch or two or five hundred.

I guess I haven't thought about it this way before, so do the Zentradi just keep manufacturing new soldiers? They obviously don't reproduce naturally. If they don't manufacture more over time they'll just die off one by one either naturally or through battles. I have a hard time picturing Zentradis taking care of Zentradi babies. It doesn't work without culture. So in my mind Zentradis are likely manufactured as adults ready for battle.

7 minutes ago, locidm said:

I guess I haven't thought about it this way before, so do the Zentradi just keep manufacturing new soldiers? They obviously don't reproduce naturally. If they don't manufacture more over time they'll just die off one by one either naturally or through battles. I have a hard time picturing Zentradis taking care of Zentradi babies. It doesn't work without culture. So in my mind Zentradis are likely manufactured as adults ready for battle.

11 hours ago, jenius said:

Are the Zentraedi (before Micron tampering) also "born" as adults? 

When Milia "weaponizes" their child, the shock of seeing an infant causes the Zentradi to run.  I imagine they are all made as adults, or if there are Zentran children, it would be a very specialized/isolated part of their "culture" that raises them.  I think them just creating full grown Zentraedi makes more sense.

So there we go then... no reason to be grossed out by Mikumo. Max may have been banging a 3 year old Miria...

Okay okay, we know Miria has been killing people for a while given her reputation so nothing quite so bizarre. The age thing just sounds crazy because it's absent the notion of programmed clones being born as adults. 

4 hours ago, locidm said:

We've actually been given several examples of particular clone variations as well.  I don't recall their names, but the Zentraedi fleet shown in Frontier had rough copies of both Breetai and Kamjin with suspiciously similar names, and possibly others like Exedore.  I also always had the impression that Chlore, Milia's rival from the "Fleet of the Strongest Women" episode of Mac7, was intended to be a variation of the same base clone pattern that Milia came from.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

We've actually been given several examples of particular clone variations as well.  I don't recall their names, but the Zentraedi fleet shown in Frontier had rough copies of both Breetai and Kamjin with suspiciously similar names, and possibly others like Exedore.  I also always had the impression that Chlore, Milia's rival from the "Fleet of the Strongest Women" episode of Mac7, was intended to be a variation of the same base clone pattern that Milia came from.

Imagine the big shots calling who gets made......, and selecting from a catalog of zentradi soldiers:

Grunts = basic soldier, lowest tier software, middle tier hardware

Exedore = highest tier software, hardware is lowest tier except for the brain, which would need the most storage and processing capacity

Bretai = highest tier hardware, software focuses on courage and decision making.

Milia = Best software integration with hardware give best reflexes.

Kamjin = good software integration with hardware. Mediocre software.

Edited by locidm