Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

This is some great news to hear. I don't want to jump to too many conclusions or get my hopes too far up, but this sounds like a big change in both setting and scope for a Macross TV series.

Possibly mostly planet-side action and maybe even less of a war story and more of a side-story. That actually makes more sense given how close this new series is to the last space-based major war in Frontier. Obviously the closest comparison would be Macross Plus (planet-based action, valkyrie-vs-valkyrie, two different aerospace design companies, etc) but fortunately I'm not getting any sense from Kawamori that he's going back to that in any other way, so this should be something different entirely. Good reason to be optimistic.

The new variable fighter definitely looks like a follow on from the YF-30, which makes a lot of sense considering it got a DX Chogokin.

I did a quick news piece on Forbes about it too:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/25/upcoming-macross-delta-anime-shows-off-its-new-art-and-logo/

Ollie! I didn't know you were a member here! I read your article posted via Facebook. A great read, well informed and very respectful of the Macross IP! Your work is very much appreciated.

Edited by Mr March

IF this does occur within the Frontier fleet (which I hope it doesn't), they did make it to the Vajra home world in both tv & movie versions...

Well, Kawamori said months ago that the new Macross would most likely be set in a different part of the galaxy to Frontier.

(Discussed on SpeakerPODcast several times, just FYI ;-)

Well, Kawamori said months ago that the new Macross would most likely be set in a different part of the galaxy to Frontier.

Good.

It's in the part where the Megaroad 1 is, AMIRITE?

(I kid)

Are the events of Macross 30 canon, or does anyone think the development of the chronos will be changed? I mean, anime is anime, but there was some serious space/time continuum buggery going on in that game. If it is, maybe we will see some returning characters?

Interesting, that means the possibility for some really funky tech since Frontier was the only fleet supposedly staying "human" in that regard. In reality I don't see it going down that road - not Macrossy enough.

So... it's a triangle but made with only two shapes.... interesting.

Perhaps this will be some sort of Fighter Weapons School scenario.

Academy? :lol:

I wish they start a Kickstarter... LOL

Edited by Gerli

Are the events of Macross 30 canon, or does anyone think the development of the chronos will be changed? I mean, anime is anime, but there was some serious space/time continuum buggery going on in that game. If it is, maybe we will see some returning characters?

Macross 30 is as 'canon' as anything else in the franchise. It got its own range of valk toys from Bandai and made its Super Robot Wars debut recently which places it in the same standing as a fully fledged TV series or OVA in many ways.

Macross 30 is as 'canon' as anything else in the franchise. It got its own range of valk toys from Bandai and made its Super Robot Wars debut recently which places it in the same standing as a fully fledged TV series or OVA in many ways.

When it comes to Macross canon, I would recommend looking at the bigger picture or summary. Avoid the details because one should view all Macross productions as retellings of historical events. Things have been dramatized. Even the games.

Yeah, it was the details of the 30's development I was interested in. It would be interesting to see if Aisha returns, if even as a cameo. She was the one who made the Chronos in the first place. Or other 30 characters for that matter. Just talking out loud.

Wait, the blue and white valk has a whole new transformation? So it isn't actually a 30 derivative?

Also, thank you to everyone who has provided a summary and keeping us in the loop. More details the 29th will make for a very exciting birthday.

Edited by Mommar

Wait, the blue and white valk has a whole new transformation? So it isn't actually a 30 derivative?

Also, thank you to everyone who has provided a summary and keeping us in the loop. More details the 29th will make for a very exciting birthday.

From Tochiro: The white and blue valk is a logical progression on Valkyries seen to date. The 'Draken' valk is an all original transformation. - Kawamori

So no, probably a 30 variant.

2 girl trainees for an air combat school and 1 cool male instructor with a troubled/tragic past. Maybe one is Meltran or cyborg. Like others suggested.

Edited by wmkjr

this all sounds pretty awesome! can't wait to see more! :D

that Draken inspired Valk is might intriguing! Will be interesting to see its unique transformation! :o

I thk kawamori is going for a caped valk vibe with the delta wings... :lol:

....batman v superman...valk vs valk.... :lol: