YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

After seeing the pictures on here with the super parts, I decided to pull the trigger on a set. They really do look good on it. Plus I realized it was more than the "harpoon" misslles and two boosters. I did not realize it comes with the wing attachments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A question about the super packs. I know people have said that the super packs are heavy enough to make the wings droop down but does it do permanent damage? I mean when you take off the super packs will the wings still droop down or be bent down or do they spring back to their original position? I already have the super packs and am dying to put these on but worried about this potential issue.

A question about the super packs. I know people have said that the super packs are heavy enough to make the wings droop down but does it do permanent damage? I mean when you take off the super packs will the wings still droop down or be bent down or do they spring back to their original position? I already have the super packs and am dying to put these on but worried about this potential issue.

I think you misunderstood the comments about droop in this thread. The parts don't cause the wings to droop from weight; when properly attached, the parts themselves droop downward with respect to the plane of the wing. They're molded that way.

I just put them on, and even at full extension they didn't appear to move the underlying wing at all.

Edited by MikeRoz

• 1 month later...

Last night decided to change the yf-29 back from battroid to fighter. Was a lot more tricky than i thought it would be. I couldn't get the shoulder armour pieces to stay on when positioning back in fighter mode. They would pop off every time. So I figured I'd just put them on after the arms are in position. Couldn't clip them in while the arms were in that position either. Ended up leaving them off. Any one else have this issue?

You just have to fiddle with them until they fit. I also find it difficult to rotate them into position but after a few tries you should be able to tell how they rotate. I find it weird that you cannot peg the shoulder pauldrons when they rest in their proper positions. Because of this I assume that the arms are not transformed correctly.

Yeah that's possible but i can't see how else they'd fit in. I was watching Jenius' transformation guide but its fighter to battroid so it's hard to watch it in reverse and it doesn't show a clear view of how the arms are suppose to sit. I'll have to bust out the box from storage and see if the instruction manual has a clear view of that step.

I had the hardest time too getting my Alto back to fighter mode when I was packing it back in the box. After that I didn't feel like touching the valk again.

Actually, I hate transforming all Bandai valks because they're so fidgety! That's why I'd much prefer Yamato/Arcadia stuff.

The 25s can be transformed with an ease and even fast if you don't care about paint chipping. ;)

The YF-29 transformation is basically the same but the crucial part is getting the shoulders rotated in place. The loose c-clips are a mixed bag however. It is good that they detach because otherwise you risk breaking the pauldrons when you rotate them the wrong way. On the other hand they are a bit to loose so that they will inevitably pop off when you handle them.

I guess that's the better alternative.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried to remove the outer fin of the Super Parts? This is the upwards angled fin with the SMS030 marking and the position light.

I'm trying to fit this trident into my display cabinet but cant attach the wing boosters because that would make the Valkyrie to wide. So the idea is to remove the wing that is facing away from the viewer (you wouldn't see it anyway) and get it to fit that way.

The fin seems loose and can be moved up a little bit so it seems it is only pegged in. I don't want to force anything so I'm asking is someone has experience with this part. I know some of you customized the set so I would be grateful for any information you have to offer.