YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Ah, guess they ran out their stock then. They might come up with more, but the price will probably climb soon.

And no, the only difference between the original and reissue is about $30 :p

Edit: I should say, used to be about $30. Now they're down to about $5 difference for some reason. I don't honestly know why they even bother listing them separately by now.

Edited by Chronocidal

welp, super parts are back up again, albeit at a higher price of 5500.

Is it just me, or did NY change their policy? I can't seem to choose "Pay Later". All I have is a pay now or bank wire option...

I'm mixing it with my other preorders.. so maybe that might be the issue

Edit: yeap, turns out you gotta pay in full if 1 of the items is in stock.

Having trouble visualizing if this will be a good match for the Alto customs (because I sure as hell will not pay 3 times the price for that super pack).

Edited by SaitouSad

How strange. The super packs I ordered standalone already shipped, but the YF-29 / Super pack combo I also preordered is still prep in progress.

/le sigh

Can't wait to have my 30th YF-29's setup like my alto 29's :D

post-25-0-30624600-1369854740_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Fighter and Gerwalk look pretty monstrous with the Super Packs but I really don't like how it's balanced in Battroid. Too busy for me. What's so difficult about the transformation Ozma?

Kengiu, you need to slide the wings in if you're going to have the super parts attached.

Edited by Mommar

Should have been more specific. The shoulder pauldrons kept popping off while changing it back to gerwalk/fighter mode. Every so often I'm able to do it without them coming off but not today. c",)

The packs make battroid mode top/back heavy just like the Alto. Needed to balance it just right so it would topple over.

Should have been more specific. The shoulder pauldrons kept popping off while changing it back to gerwalk/fighter mode. Every so often I'm able to do it without them coming off but not today. c",)

The packs make battroid mode top/back heavy just like the Alto. Needed to balance it just right so it would topple over.

Was the crotch joint able to hold the weight? I remember i had to modify my alto a little so that it would be able to support the fast pack in battroid mode.

Was the crotch joint able to hold the weight? I remember i had to modify my alto a little so that it would be able to support the fast pack in battroid mode.

If you're going full crotch thrust like mine ( that didn't sound right =P ) , then yes it supports the weight. If you display your crotch vertically, then forget it.

I guess Battroid just works better with the stand huh?

Yes sir it does. Well, at least you can get it do stand with a little bit of patience and the right positioning unlike some other Kawamori designs *cough* Aquarion *cough*...

Got mine in today, and gotta admit, I was really suspicious of that box. It was tiny. :p

Parts fit nicely, and look good, though I think I actually like them better mounted upside down, and canted slightly up instead of the droopy way they're "supposed" to be. Much preferred them in Macross 30, because they were just level with the wings. You can kind of get them level if you don't snap them on all the way, but the intake covers don't fit then.

Actually, if I could find a way to streamline them, I might mount them upside down, and then twist the engines around the wrong way. If you ignore the forward facing nozzles, it looks awesome. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

I liked my 29's with out the super packs, but because of this thread I had to buy them and can't wait to put it in my 29

I'm in the same boat. I originally passed on the super parts because I preferred the cleaner look without them, but then I saw the pictures in this thread and now I have a set on the way.

Welp, my packs finally came in from NY. Weirdly, my extra YF-29 + packs that I preordered together back in March are still prep in progress......

Same boat here. NY is seriously dropping the ball on this. I ordered the additional packs on the 28th and they shipped them out the 29th, but my YF-29+packs order that I placed back in March are still 'prep in prog'. I even sent them an inquiry about this and they said that it should be shipped Friday. Still no update yet and it's status is 'prep in prog'.

So, quick question. Is there some way to stiffen up the engine rotation joints? I mean, short of trying to squirt superglue in the joint and smearing it everywhere.

The engine pivots on mine literally aren't strong enough to hold up the packs. <_<

I used clear nail polish on mine.

That's my question too actually. Ideally, I'd want to apply it to the rotating shaft, but maybe the surface that rubs between the engines and wing is best?

Now that I think about it, just gluing them in place doesn't sound like such a bad idea, except that I actually do like the way it looks with the packs mounted upside down and backwards. :lol:

Really though, making the entire thing rotate that way made the aircraft-related portion of my brain hurt during Macross 30. As if forward swept wings aren't unstable enough already, you're literally twisting them into a shear condition on purpose? I know, overtech and all that, but it still seemed weird making the entire wing angle for maneuvering instead of just the nozzles and control surfaces.

Edited by Chronocidal

[...]

Really though, making the entire thing rotate that way made the aircraft-related portion of my brain hurt during Macross 30. As if forward swept wings aren't unstable enough already, you're literally twisting them into a shear condition on purpose? I know, overtech and all that, but it still seemed weird making the entire wing angle for maneuvering instead of just the nozzles and control surfaces.

I agree. I think the VF-27 does a much better job in that regard.

Edited by Reïvaj

I'm in the same boat. I originally passed on the super parts because I preferred the cleaner look without them, but then I saw the pictures in this thread and now I have a set on the way.

That's what I love about this forum you think your collection is good then you see something you initially thought you were good without and suddenly you have to have it :p many many many times this has happened to me. Love the pictures guys! Makes me more anxious to get mine in the mail and slap them on my 29 :D