YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

And the facepalming continues. :p

By the way, anyone who hasn't gotten a set preordered might have a decently easy time ordering one after the fact. NY has usually had a few sets of the armor and such available long after the release date, probably because of the typical scalper preorder cancellations. Given how many of the YF-29 they've had, I wouldn't expect the super parts to be that hard to get.

I just hope I'm not wrong, because I want a second set to customize into some less garish colors.

I didn't order the super parts because I think it looks better without. I hope I don't regret this decision.

It's a cheaper mistake to get them now and sell them if you don't want them than try to get them later at $200 like the Alto versions.

And the facepalming continues. :p

By the way, anyone who hasn't gotten a set preordered might have a decently easy time ordering one after the fact. NY has usually had a few sets of the armor and such available long after the release date, probably because of the typical scalper preorder cancellations. Given how many of the YF-29 they've had, I wouldn't expect the super parts to be that hard to get.

I just hope I'm not wrong, because I want a second set to customize into some less garish colors.

I hope for you that it is not the same with the 30th Anniversary Super Parts that it was with the YF-29 Alto Custom ones. Because their price skyrocketed after their initial release.

How well did the anniversary version sell compared to the Alto version?

I just know that the re-release of the 30th version is sitting in-stock at NY much longer than Alto's. But perhaps they over-estimated and got too much in stock. With the super packs coming out soon, it might help with the sale of their remaining stock.

If NY has leftover super parts after all cancelled pre-orders process i"m gonna pick up my third 30th 29 + parts so that I can strip off the yellow paint with Rubbing alcohol and give the valk a nice coat of ghost grey.

If NY has leftover super parts after all cancelled pre-orders process i"m gonna pick up my third 30th 29 + parts so that I can strip off the yellow paint with Rubbing alcohol and give the valk a nice coat of ghost grey.

This I would like to see.

I just paid for mine, I hope they look good on Alto's YF-29!

I bought this set for Alto's as well. I like the gunmetal color instead of the light blue on Alto's. I just need to repaint the yellow to red and I guess also print sms decals for it. I'm just not sure my printer is up to the task.I wish there were some existing decals that I could just buy.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I have received my yf 29 from ny. Everything is well placed and no scratches or missing parts so far only the right leg is loose from the hip so I cannot properly stand on his feet in battroid. Any suggestions? Thanks

So it is loose at the ball joint on the hip? The super glue fix should help.

Check out this video on the YT. It might help

It's your video again anubis20! Hehe!

Yea ill be making a version 2.0 of that video with a better camera and new ideas i have for tightening the joints that don't involve glue.

Edit: well that didnt take long. A buddy of mine sold me his super parts set so i just bought the 29 30th!

Edited by anubis20

I might do the exact same thing if they have leftover stock of both. :) Though I'm not sure what markings I'd give it.

I actually still really want a 1/72 kit version, even if it isn't transformable, just so I can have it match the rest of the kits I have to build. I got a few of the 1/100s to paint up in various schemes, but they're missing the super packs, which I think actually balance out the design a little.

At first I was the same way about the super packs, but after playing Macross 30 for a while and falling in love with the 29 I took the plunge and don't regret it one bit.

later this month will get 2x super packs and 1x YF-29 30th so in total I'll have 4 super YF-29's :D

Funnily, none of them will be in Battroid. Just fighter and gerwalk

You know I never busted out my 29 super packs because I didnt like them but from that pic^^^ they look pretty sweet. Maybe Ill give em a try.

They're great in fighter but really don't do anything in battroid mode but add more weight to the back.

I can wait it out, my Alto is already rocking the parts. I lucked out and found a set a month ago for $100, was the lowest price I had seen on those in a while. I still think the 30th version looks better over all. I am going to leave it in fighter mode with the parts on.

Funny question, for anyone who has a set already. Are the wings set permanently into a drooped position, or can they be made level?

I know the droop was shown in the take-off scene from the movie, but Macross 30 definitely had the packs mounted so the wings were level with the normal wing.

Funny question, for anyone who has a set already. Are the wings set permanently into a drooped position, or can they be made level?

I know the droop was shown in the take-off scene from the movie, but Macross 30 definitely had the packs mounted so the wings were level with the normal wing.

Drooped permanently.