YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

What could it be? Well its not Christmas Crunch, LOL - Too bad I have another 4 hours of work, then the gym, then family time. I cant open it until almost 9pm EST (sigh*). Big thanks to my wife for the awesome gift(s).

post-12515-0-15164300-1366736859_thumb.jpg

post-12515-0-94579800-1366737258_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

I got mine in yesterday as well. At first I was having buyer's regret but once I got it in my hands I feel all warm and fuzzy. This toy is awesome and looks way better than the red and white one.

I got mine in yesterday as well. At first I was having buyer's regret but once I got it in my hands I feel all warm and fuzzy. This toy is awesome and looks way better than the red and white one.

Im afraid I may go through that when my 171 gets here in a few days. But this YF-29 is totally different like you said. Grrrrrr, I dont want to go to workout!!! I want to play!!!

It's not so much about getting a white one as it is about getting one with the absolute minimum paint applied to scratch off, while having a consistent color. :p

I just want something not covered in stripes really, or at least something that actually looks like a classic VF-1S scheme. Come to think of it, if I get a fully white one I might try and put it in X-29 prototype markings. :lol:

Hi ! I´ve received mine last friday ! And I trully LOVE IT.

It´s really really beautiful to see.

And, owning already a VF-25S V1, the structural changes are a joy to see.

I have to say that I live in Argentina. Where a Macross "toy" (as you call them) is as pricey as you can barely imagine.... So, you have to work so hard to get one that it´s impossible to not being a little biased... but I don´t do reviews, I´m just a 33 y old child... haha.

Even so, I like the Alto scheme a little more. But having already a RED VF-19 Kai, it was time for a Fokker scheme Valkyrie in my collection :)

Hey astro I'm from argentina too! I'm going to order this valk at nippon yasan on friday. I hope it get here quickly. And I know what you talk about price, this valk here in Argentina cost all my salary! Well when I get mine I will post pics

Edited by leoganx

Actually, I'm hoping NY will have stock on hand to sell once they come in. I might get a second set to customize.

Considering how their 30th YF-29 sales have been going, they might have over-ordered them too. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...

One of the antenna on my YF-29 (VF-1S Scheme) is bent (out of the box). I immersed it in hot hot water for a few seconds and straighten it, but it returned back to its bent state after a day or so.

Anyone have any other suggestions.

Thought this type of issue would have been fixed by now like the VF-25S...

Assuming you mean the center head antenna, I almost consider "just break it off" a decent solution for that antenna. I've never cared for how it looks myself. :p

You might try holding it straight with something like a small clamp or clothespin after heating it up again.

I'm still desperately hoping they make an Isamu version of this thing.

Edited by Chronocidal

The 25th is the release date but also Saturday. I assume they start shipping on the Monday after. Can't wait though!

In my opinion the Anniversary Super Parts look way better then the Alto ones. Mainly because I think the purple thrusters on Altos VF look out of place.

In my soul there is still a spark of hope that they are not shipping the Super Parts with the white skull markings.

I also gave up on the idea of modding the dorsal fins with Skull and Crossbones because even after I trimmed the Stickers for my VF-17S they still look terrible and those skulls are no triangles or circles. :(

Heh, I just ordered a set of the single pair a few days ago. I'm wondering if I should have gotten the 5 pair instead in case it breaks. I just couldn't stand the stupid pvc head lasers anymore. PVC just doesn't work well. The ball the tiny little rod attached to it are soft and twisty and so when you try to move the head lasers, the ball part mostly sticks and it just twists the rod and slowly returns back to its original position. It makes it frustrating trying to get them to stay down in fighter mode. I dislike the ones for the 25F too. It's also off colored to boot. I don't understand why they didn't include ABS replacements for the 29 and 25F like they did with the V1 armored 25S before it and the renewal 25S and G and the 171's after.