YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Which makes me wonder if everyone in Japan is color-blind. Green goes with yellow/orange a heck of a lot better than purple does...

I'm pretty sure it translated to the design being the physical shape of the 29, and (not very fighter looking)

Who the hell knows, All I know is that the Green was far more enticing than the purple.

Hopefully someday shape ways will offer green translucent material, and we can get some action that way.

Mind to share a picture?

On a side note it seams that many units shipped by NY have some kind of defect. Either missing crotch pieces, bend head lasers and missing boob-lasers on the VF-171. I wondering if NY is buying up stock that didn't pass the QC on the other shops. I remember a quote from HLJ that said they cant sell a chunk of their stock because of QC-issues. NY seems to just sell whatever they can get hold of.

I don't want to accuse NY but their name is mentioned significantly more often then other shops when it comes to units that have some kind of defect and I wonder why that is.

You can proof me wrong if you can and I would be pleased if someone can because I have 3 Bandai Valkyries ordered from them. On the other hand NY seems to ship a lot of units maybe 10 times more then other shops so it would be logical that they have more defects then other shops just because they ship more.

So, I looked and it does seem that the stopper thing is in there, it's just not catching the indents on the gerwalk extension. Don't know why.

So finally got my very first Frontier Valk in.
No bent horn, fortunately... is there any other issues to look out for?

I can see why people are saying the Bandai Valks feel floppy after a couple of weeks. It does feel flimsy and the potential to break it feels pretty high hahaha
Off course it could just be my imagination.

No, there's really no way to avoid it, because they were freaking idiots.

Yeah... that should have been a no-brainer.. Pointy piece that sticks into the center of the neck when transforming, and scrapes all over it? Yes, let's mold it in white, then paint it black so people have to touch it up every time they transform it! Brilliant! :rolleyes:

That's not even a die-cast problem. That's just "we can't find our own behinds with both hands and a pack of bloodhounds" stupid.

Edited by Chronocidal

sounds like an inherent problem for painted die-cast parts...this happened with my 1/72 YF-19 before

Any way to avoid it?

Go slow and very careful, unfortunately...if you did it right, there is room enough that the very tip won't touch the underside of the head plate.

Paint scraping on that nose piece is simply a fact of life when dealing with Bandai's renewals. I often lose a tiny bit of paint when transforming from battroid back to fighter.

Luckily, the scraped spot is tiny, and can be touched up easily enough with a Gundam marker. For the 25F, I use the grey panel lining Gundam marker. Of course I use black for the 25S and 25G.

I recently got this figure. This is my first experience with a Renewal-type Macross Frontier Valkyrie. I notice in the box images, the waste piece is very angled. I was wondering if there is supposed to be a big gap between the waist and the underside of the canopy area (like how it's supposed to be when you put it on the stand). It seems a little odd to me that there would be such a gap. Is there anyway to angle the waist without having this huge gap?

I recently got this figure. This is my first experience with a Renewal-type Macross Frontier Valkyrie. I notice in the box images, the waste piece is very angled. I was wondering if there is supposed to be a big gap between the waist and the underside of the canopy area (like how it's supposed to be when you put it on the stand). It seems a little odd to me that there would be such a gap. Is there anyway to angle the waist without having this huge gap?

Yep. Look at the previous post.

Who the hell knows, All I know is that the Green was far more enticing than the purple.

Hopefully someday shape ways will offer green translucent material, and we can get some action that way.

But remember fold quartz is purple and the canopy was supposed to be coated in fold quartz.

(as per Sketchley's translation of the Macross Chronicle YF-29 pages).

Graham

Yeah, I don't care about fold quartz because it's a dumb magical rock they pulled out their ass. I just wanted the purple bits green like in the first pics we got ;)

But remember fold quartz is purple and the canopy was supposed to be coated in fold quartz.

(as per Sketchley's translation of the Macross Chronicle YF-29 pages).

Graham

What was the reason for the canopy to be coated in Fold Quartz?

Though I am of the same mind as xrentonx that it is a bit of a silly magical rock.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah, I don't care about fold quartz because it's a dumb magical rock they pulled out their ass. I just wanted the purple bits green like in the first pics we got ;)

It's no worse than reaction weaponry, Inertia Store converters, SWAG armor, and any of the other handwavium technology they use to justify stuff in the Macross universe. (Have I ever mentioned that SWAG armor is the best name for any kind of fictional technology ever? because it is).

All pulled out of various writers' asses I'm sure. What I'm really getting at is...I REALLY like green clear bits on robots. It's a mental sickness I gotta get taken care of , I guess. ;)

All pulled out of various writers' asses I'm sure. What I'm really getting at is...I REALLY like green clear bits on robots. It's a mental sickness I gotta get taken care of , I guess. ;)

I think they should have kept the green bits on the nose, it's green on the Alto version.