trailer -

MGM has provided us with three "SGU: Stargate Universe" posters and the new trailer for the SyFy show premiering on October 2nd. "SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship's Stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board the Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.

looks cool i think,more serious tone.

I hope Lou Diamond Phillips isn't going to Die in the first episode like Robert Patrick did.

Yeah. After that first episode, I really wanted Robert Patrick to survive, but sadly.... same thing with that guest-colonel who showed up during the first season finale. I wanted him to survive too, but he ended up croaking.

Yeah. After that first episode, I really wanted Robert Patrick to survive, but sadly.... same thing with that guest-colonel who showed up during the first season finale. I wanted him to survive too, but he ended up croaking.

He survived the initial feeding, and was sent back to Earth.

I prefer Atlantis to SG1

You know, for a while I thought SG1 was better but the last two seasons of SG1 really sucked. I liked the cast changes, it was that Ori storyline that just dragged and the movie conclusion was so fascist... so the answer is to make them see the "truth"? :rolleyes:

I did like the last SG1 movie though and if they keep making movies like that I'll be a happy camper.

He survived the initial feeding, and was sent back to Earth.

I meant as a regular character, on the show from day-to-day. That would've been neat.

You know, for a while I thought SG1 was better but the last two seasons of SG1 really sucked. I liked the cast changes, it was that Ori storyline that just dragged and the movie conclusion was so fascist... so the answer is to make them see the "truth"? :rolleyes:

Actually, I enjoyed the Ori storyline. I hated Season 8 with a passion, and to this day I simply refuse to spend money on it. I found S9 and S10 to be far superior and enjoyable.

I've only seen the Stargate movie.

Do I need to watch the tv shows to know what's going on?

Not nescessarily. Just read the wiki on the plots so you'll have a better grasp.

Going over the preview I agree that the potential aggressor here is the Lucian Alliance, a conglomeration of criminals mostly humans who tried to fill the power vacuum after the System Lords were wiped out.

Last thing we knew from SG1 the SGC is technically at war with Lucian Alliance for attacking the Oddesey and murdering its captain.

SG teams were destroying their Kasa drug trade as a retaliation.

The events of SGU pilot could lead to a plot for a SG1 movie.

Besides the Lucian Alliance is the only major threat left in our galaxy that needs to be resolved.

I meant as a regular character, on the show from day-to-day. That would've been neat.

Actually, I enjoyed the Ori storyline. I hated Season 8 with a passion, and to this day I simply refuse to spend money on it. I found S9 and S10 to be far superior and enjoyable.

I agree that season 8 sucked. I think the ori storyline would have been better if they had tied it up and if the conclusion wasn't so silly. I think maybe the movie really colored how I view the storyline as a whole...

I've only seen the Stargate movie.

Do I need to watch the tv shows to know what's going on?

I doubt it, simply put, there's lots of stargates... the stargates were put up not by those glowy eyed aliens from the movie but by an older more powerful race called the Protocul... err... Progenit... uhm... "Ancients", who have since left our plane of reality and now exist as the Q Contin... uhm as powerful energy types who don't meddle in the affairs of mortals. The stargate program on Earth didn't end and now there are SG teams all over the place, leading revolts, awakening evil alien bad guys from the past, etc etc.

I'm sure they'll spend the first couple of episodes doing recaps as to not alienate new viewers.

I agree that season 8 sucked. I think the ori storyline would have been better if they had tied it up and if the conclusion wasn't so silly.

You mean like how they'd planned to before Sci-Fi announced that they were whacking the show (after spending months pimping it's 200th episode, no less)? Screwed by the network, indeed.

More like, SciFi-exec: "This Sci-Friday thing of SG-1, SGA, and BSG is working pretty good. We should break it up and spread the love over more days!"

Yeesh. There really didn't have to be much thought as to why all three shows pulled their best numbers during that Sci-Friday timeframe...

• 2 months later...