Oh. That. While I had given up on BSG by the start of S2, that whole lurve quadrangle is what assured me that I was missing out on nothing at all. Part of my problem is that as soon as the show was announced after the success of the miniseries, I knew that Starbuck and Apollo would hook up. The vast majority of Hollywood types are physically unable of casting a woman and man together in a show without romancing them; and what they skip out on, the fandom will pick up the ball for them! Just look at the hoopula of Eliott and Olivia being the OTP of the entire straight fandom, despite Word of God assuring that they would never hook up on the show!

*pant pant* Okay, rant over- wait! I've got one more! Jack and Sam from SG-1, blech! Once again, the fandom/shippers made that pairing so totally unenjoyable that I refuse to buy Season 8 on DVD becaue of it.

*wheeze* Okay, now I'm done. And *gasp* out of shape, it seems :p I think the reason why I'm looking forward to relationships in SGU is that there is no "obvious pairing" that there are in most shows, so that leads to some variety in that department.

hah, if you think the apollo starbuck thing was *romance*... :lol:

I thought that the whole time-travel thing was going to launch the show into an "Endless Eight: Star Gate Edition." .... fortunately, it doesn't seem like they will go in that direction :p .

that was my first thought too.

Honestly, this was the first episode I actually liked. Every previous episode I found fairly boring and i've been considering giving up on the show enterly, It's nice to see some excitement again. ^_^

Huh, I guess I missed the lez stuff, must have been looking away when that happened. I also agree that I HATE the time travel stuff, especially when it creates a paradox like shown here, if they create a stable time loop, like they did the first time SG-1 time travelled, I have no problem with it, otherwise it is just a tool used by weak writers, seriously a stable time loop is easy to write if done correctly. Also, these people need to realize that whenever they go to a planet it is because the ship wants them to be there and knows that there is something there that they need. I'm just wondering when the ship will start talking to them and tell them what dumb@$$3$ they are.

Huh, I guess I missed the lez stuff, must have been looking away when that happened.

That's because it hasn't happened yet :) There was one throw-away line and that's it, which is the part I like. Most other TV shows would be having the women lock lips before every commercial break and liberally splashing it all over the "Next Episode" ads.

That's because it hasn't happened yet :) There was one throw-away line and that's it, which is the part I like. Most other TV shows would be having the women lock lips before every commercial break and liberally splashing it all over the "Next Episode" ads.

I know I should find that tripe and degrading.... but I still had a pretty pleasant image in mind when i thought about it.

I don't get why "hawt" lesbian sex is exploitive when all the hetero sex on TV is between two "hawt" people as well.

Because Girl on Girl is Hot. Let's face it, 90% of the time it's just pure fanservice for the guys watching (and fanservice for any gay women watching), and that's what makes it exploitive. So far, SGU seems to be in the other 10%.

Because Girl on Girl is Hot. Let's face it, 90% of the time it's just pure fanservice for the guys watching (and fanservice for any gay women watching), and that's what makes it exploitive. So far, SGU seems to be in the other 10%.

I get it's "hot" to some people, who fancy unrealistically hot lesbians having the sex, I get it because I fall into that demographics, but my point is, all the sex on TV is between unrealistically hot people.

Why are they making every one exercise it just makes them burn more calories and they have a limited Food supply?

Its not like they are eating junk food all the time I doubt that that powdered food stuff could make them fatter, and a reduced Calorie diet should help reverse, or mediate any health problems associated with a sedentary life style they Had before the attack.

Why are they making every one exercise it just makes them burn more calories and they have a limited Food supply?

Its not like they are eating junk food all the time I doubt that that powdered food stuff could make them fatter, and a reduced Calorie diet should help reverse, or mediate any health problems associated with a sedentary life style they Had before the attack.

I'm assuming the white powder is some sort of military ration / MRE-alternative? If so, then calories are no problems. "Military Food" is normally designed with a calorie-first / nutrition-second emphasis (making it only slightly better than McD). A typicaly MRE unit can deliver 1200 kCal, the normal semi-active human needs anywhere between 1750-2000 kCal per day, and in combat or other strenous situations, consuming about 4000 kCal is needed to prevent weight loss. Hence the emphasis is maximum calories per unit of area.

Thought it could be the case that even the powder supply is stretched.

I'm assuming the white powder is some sort of military ration / MRE-alternative? If so, then calories are no problems. "Military Food" is normally designed with a calorie-first / nutrition-second emphasis (making it only slightly better than McD). A typicaly MRE unit can deliver 1200 kCal, the normal semi-active human needs anywhere between 1750-2000 kCal per day, and in combat or other strenous situations, consuming about 4000 kCal is needed to prevent weight loss. Hence the emphasis is maximum calories per unit of area.

Thought it could be the case that even the powder supply is stretched.

In one of those episodes I saw it reminded me of Ensure. Guess I should watch this week's.

yeah, I've been following some of those posts, complaining that sg-u focuses too much on relationships... personally, I think they're full of crap. Good sci-fi has always been grounded in real world issues, either by allegory or more literal devices. Having a show of a bunch of realistically drawn people, stuck in a high stress environment and *not* exploring those relationships doesn't make it sci-fi.. it just treats the audience like a bunch of children.

I get that some people are going to offended by some of the themes portrayed so far, promiscuity, homosexuality, etc... but the fact of the matter is that those issues are important and in a very real sense, are the great moral debate of our time... much in the same way that shows like Star Trek dealt with racism and BSG dealt with the ideas of religion/fanaticism.

As for comparing it to shows like melrose place... whatever, it's such a ridiculous comparison it's not even worth talking about.

Right now, SGU is my favorate sci-fi ever, i like every episode, and the human relationship make this much stronger, and every episode is unique and good from start to end, and i never know what will happen next. And each one has an interesting tittle, like Water, Darkness, Light, Life, etc... My fav charc are Elie, Grear, Rush, and the captain, but honnestly as time goes on, i am starting to appreciate all of them.

And of course they have the obligatory lesbians on every show now... thank goodness for progress!

yeah go figure lets make it popular for the kiddies

now waiting for the bestiality scenes

this show is starting to booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore the hell out of me and i rather like the hell in me

blah blah rush this rush that blah blah blah then you have fatso geek boy im telling on you blah blah blah

the show is so predictable. Nothing about the ship no advancement of plot as if some off-shored writers in Afghanistan are making this sh it up on the fly

yeah go figure lets make it popular for the kiddies

now waiting for the bestiality scenes

this show is starting to booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore the hell out of me and i rather like the hell in me

blah blah rush this rush that blah blah blah then you have fatso geek boy im telling on you blah blah blah

the show is so predictable. Nothing about the ship no advancement of plot as if some off-shored writers in Afghanistan are making this sh it up on the fly

You know you really got to quit on the psuedo-racist remarks everytime you post. There's always a dig about the chinese, afghan, or something.... having a chinese wife doesn't give you a get out of jail card on racist stupidity.

You know you really got to quit on the psuedo-racist remarks everytime you post. There's always a dig about the chinese, afghan, or something.... having a chinese wife doesn't give you a get out of jail card on racist stupidity.

if I mention a place, or people or greed or religion and that makes me a racist ok fine be me LIGHTEN UP !

GO buy when will jesus buy the pork chops and get REAL

next thing will be oh dont mention sh it in the same sentence cause its offensive

What if i replaced with india

would you call me a racist then hahahaha what about china what about canada JHFCAMG enough with the PC!

OH wait a minute I felt you mentioned lesbos in a derogatory way shame on you RACIST

Edited by nugundamII