if I mention a place, or people or greed or religion and that makes me a racist ok fine be me LIGHTEN UP !

GO buy when will jesus buy the pork chops and get REAL

next thing will be oh dont mention sh it in the same sentence cause its offensive

What if i replaced with india

would you call me a racist then hahahaha what about china what about canada JHFCAMG enough with the PC!

OH wait a minute I felt you mentioned lesbos in a derogatory way shame on you RACIST

You need a time out. Because while you don't outright say it... there's been enough complaints about your posts being offensive. The lesbian remark that I made was based on fact. It is added to the show, for what matter I'm don't know but I was calling it a raings booster attempt. But your attempt to equate lesbianism and bestiality is just another "Oh noes... look what he said, he's so much more liberal than anyone else" attention getter as usual.

And if you decide to replace your derogatory remarks with one country over another doesn't make it MORE racist... but just as racist... you're attempt to insult anyone and everyone is equally insulting to the different members on this forum.

And it's not me that needs to relax, it's you that needs to reign yourself in.

Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't remember anything like that in any promo.
I've only seen that promo spot once but I don't watch tv much. They just showed another promo last week with a waterfall shot but no lesbians in that one.

SGU is very much more drama or soap than it is hardcore science fiction. It is not at all Stargate (SG1) but instead SGU (whatever that shapes up to be). That could be either good or bad but for the most part to me it's been mediocre so far. It's still the only thing I try to watch religiously on TV though.

Season 1 and 2 of SG-1 was very much like SG:U is now.. it was all about Jack trying to find that kid, Daniel and his wife, Teal'c and his wife and kid, had a whole episode about Teal'c reconciling with his wife who had divorced him and married his best friend and finding their kid who had been brainwashed, Sam and her relationship with her Dad... The Jack and Daniel storyline drove the entire first season while Sam and Teal'c's family drama fueled the second season.

Granted, SG:U has spent a great deal more time on the human drama, but they've also already had a time travel episode, a "hoth" episode, two alien infestations, flying into the sun and so on.

Well that's not the impression I walked away with about SG1. It was way more of an action series with SciFi elements. Sure there is some drama/soap aspects in the series but it does not revolve around them. SGU seems to play up those concepts as it's unique offering within the overall SG franchise.

Well that's not the impression I walked away with about SG1. It was way more of an action series with SciFi elements. Sure there is some drama/soap aspects in the series but it does not revolve around them. SGU seems to play up those concepts as it's unique offering within the overall SG franchise.

Well, I agree that SG-1 and atlantis had more of an action adventure focus, but the very nature of SG:U pretty much changes that... most of the crew isn't military, they have limited resources and limited time on away missions. Not only that but the vast majority of the crew has nothing to do while Rush and Eli figure things out... it seems perfectly natural that the stories deal heavily with their personal relationships.

But go back and watch Season 1 and 2 of SG-1 again, all 9 seasons are available on Hulu. A lot of the episodes were devoted to their various personal relationships.

I own all of Stargate released on DVD so far. I don't believe that makes my opinion hold more weight than anyone else's but it's at least an experienced/educated opinion B))

Been a fan since the original Movie. Was a bit worried the series wouldn't have Kurt Russel to carry it. In a lot of ways Richard turned out to be a better O'Neil.

I own all of Stargate released on DVD so far. I don't believe that makes my opinion hold more weight than anyone else's but it's at least an experienced/educated opinion B))

Been a fan since the original Movie. Was a bit worried the series wouldn't have Kurt Russel to carry it. In a lot of ways Richard turned out to be a better O'Neil.

Hah, well, okay.. like season 1, episode 3, all about misogyny and feminism, episode 6, all about Jack's backstory. Is a crystal lifeform duplicate more sci fi than brain swapping stone thingies?

Being unique in the franchise is hardly a bad idea. I really doubt the show would be nearly as interesting as Stargate: Atlantis 2.0, despite what some vocal fans say on the matter.

Well, I agree that SG-1 and atlantis had more of an action adventure focus, but the very nature of SG:U pretty much changes that...

I would take that a step further and point out that Atlantis developed a very noticable slapstick streak, far far away from the subtle humour of SG-1.

*ahem* It's O'Neill with 2 ells! That other guy just doesn't have a sense of humour... ^_^

*ahem* It's O'Neill with 2 ells! That other guy just doesn't have a sense of humour... ^_^
Actually in the movie credits it is only one L but yes in SG1 Richard does make reference to the fact it's TWO Ls.

Each Stargate series brings something a little different to the table. Like you mentioned Atlantis is a little more slapstick (kind of in a Hercules/Xena/Andromeda/Brisco County jr/etc sort of way) and it's also a little more fantastically SciFi than SG1.

Universe is more about interpersonal relations. It's easy to say "oh well they're trapped together and so it has to be about human issues" but the show was written from the start to trap them together so in essence it's the shtick of the show.

I'm on record here and elsewhere as saying i preferred Atlantis to SG1, at least initially. They got a bit scattered in the last season, but overall I liked it more than SG1. Why? Part of it was I liked the setting a lot. I thought the sets and vehicles in ATlantis were great. The main room with the gate was a phenomenal set, and i always liked the look of the city from the exterior as well. Plus I liked the team, the stories were fun and i liked the Wraith as villains. Yes, the Replicators sucked. frankly i didnt like them in SG`1 either though so I just sucked that up.

Thats not to say SG1 was ba dor i didnt like it; It was still a great show. I think one of the reasons it succeeded was that while it could be serious, they never forgot that TV entertainment is supposed to be fun. Yes, u can have that serious episode (The one where the doctor dies came close to choking me up) that is great, but you can also have Wormhole Extreme for entertainment value.

SGU is a more seedate series, and definitely doesn thave the action of previous shows. I do miss a bit of the run n gun form the other series, but thatsa not to say the series isnt enthralling, because it is. And it isnt oppressive, which was my main gripe with BSG; It felt so overwhelmingly heavy that I just wasnt having fun anymore. SGU is balancing that nicely I think. In fact the only character I dont like is Young; He seems to be kind of an ass at times just coz he's "Hard nosed". And then we get the other COlonel (WHose name eludes me) who is evn more of a Douche to make it seem like Young aint so bad.

But, still, the show is going well for me. Im not sure what the response in the US is, but the few Gate fans I know down here are enjoying it.

I think the SGU has as much action as the first few seasons of SG-1 did.
I would strongly disagree with that but the fact it's less action focused isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's letting them explore new concepts and expand on some the other series really haven't. Honestly if the show wasn't Stargate I probably wouldn't even still be watching it (as it's pretty boring imo) but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt to see where it goes.

I really miss the MP5s and P90s. Does the US military even use the G36? Yes they used them in Atlantis but that was technically a multi National force even if the military personnel were all marines(?).

I would strongly disagree with that but the fact it's less action focused isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's letting them explore new concepts and expand on some the other series really haven't. Honestly if the show wasn't Stargate I probably wouldn't even still be watching it (as it's pretty boring imo) but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt to see where it goes.

I really miss the MP5s and P90s. Does the US military even use the G36? Yes they used them in Atlantis but that was technically a multi National force even if the military personnel were all marines(?).

I grant you that it's not focused on the action like SG-1 was, but the action is there... I would say the amount of action sequences is easily comparable to the first 9 episodes of season 1 of SG-1.

Episodes 7,8 and 9 are pretty boring but just Children of the Gods itself (2 part or the DVD remastered) has more action than what we've seen in Universe so far really. The majority of the combat in Universe was in the first episode and wasn't even ground combat but digital ships and the like. Action to me is 80s action movie action. Now SGU definitely has a lot of "conflict(s)" but I wouldn't say it's "action".

I really hate the "amateur camera work" portions so I'm just completely ignoring the time travel reboot episode. You can't even tell what's going on half the time in that episode anyway.

EDIT:The pilot is episodes 1&2...

Edited by bluemax151

Episodes 7,8 and 9 are pretty boring but just Children of the Gods itself (2 part or the DVD remastered) has more action than what we've seen in Universe so far really. The majority of the combat in Universe was in the first episode and wasn't even ground combat but digital ships and the like. Action to me is 80s action movie action. Now SGU definitely has a lot of "conflict(s)" but I wouldn't say it's "action".

I really hate the "amateur camera work" portions so I'm just completely ignoring the time travel reboot episode. You can't even tell what's going on half the time in that episode anyway.

EDIT:The pilot is episodes 1&2...

Well, sure, if you're gonna define action as "80's action movie" then yeah, SGU doesn't live up... but if we're just going to count it as fighting, gunplay, physical danger, then SGU has a bunch.

If you're referring to the 'shakey-cam' style, then I can't agree with you enough; I despise that style of camera work with passion. The singular exception I'll allow is that it does give a sense of speed to the objects its filming, such as in 1x04 Darkness, where the Destiny was performing a stunning aerobraking manouver. That whole sequence was just totally spectacular beyond words.

If you're referring to the Kino bits, then I'll have to disagree with you. I actually enjoy those, and am loving the webisodes that have been produced so far ^_^

Our thanksgiving is not in November, and we only get 1 day off :(

Anyways, thanks for the update, now i have to wait another long week to see episode 10, grrrrrrrrrrrr

If that isn't enough, then after waiting that second week to get the next show... it goes into it's mid-season break, during which that other spin-off show will air. That part sucks, grrrrrr. :angry:

poo, now i dont like the captain anymore, for what he did at the end... now i have to kill myself for a week to know what happens next!!!

...Afraid it's going to be more than a week. That was the "fall finale". Mid-season break time. Not sure when it's coming back... Januaryish, maybe?

I'm kind of surprised Young just left Rush to die and didn't just put a bullet between his eyes. I'm sure it will become a major plot point later on but seriously if he was THAT angry you would think he would just like to be done with it.

Edited by bluemax151