Greer continues to prove that he's pure, undiluted awesomeness combined with epic amounts of win ^_^

Lets just hope they don't screw him like Lt Ford.

I wonder if Rush will hot wire the Crashed Ship and catch up with destiny.

Edited by miles316

I gotta say that I didn't really like Greer in the first couple of episodes. He came off as a stereotype. He's grown on me, though. Definitely one of the more entertaining characters on the show.

The way they played Greer is what proved to me that the PTBs of this show have learned of their mistakes and are constantly playing up to them. SG-1 and SGA were both very cliched shows, playing each and every one as straight as they possibly could. People, including myself, expected this trend to continue in SGU. Enter Greer, the stereotypical "angry black man" trope and everyone wrote him off as such. Then came Darkness, and more importantly Light and people (especially myself) suddenly had our eyes opened as to just how badly the PTBs had played us ^_^

From his time in the online Kinosodes to his playing of the crew in Justice, everything Greer has done since then has proven to me that the PTBs are conciously avoiding tropes and cliches whenever they can.

And even if Rush does try to (rightly) blame Young, who's going to believe him? He's not exactly warmly treated around that ship, doesn't have a lot of friends, and certainly doesn't have the support that Young does amongst the crew.

I want to know what's happening with Franklin, the guy who was sitting in the Chair. Stupic frickin' break...

The thing I don't like about how they're treating Rush is he's becoming more and more of a 2D cookie cutter villain. He was much more interesting in the first few episodes where they really played with the idea that maybe Young just had it in for Rush.

And even if Rush does try to (rightly) blame Young, who's going to believe him? He's not exactly warmly treated around that ship, doesn't have a lot of friends, and certainly doesn't have the support that Young does amongst the crew.

I want to know what's happening with Franklin, the guy who was sitting in the Chair. Stupic frickin' break...

Not only that, but Young has leverage against Rush. He's the only one (supposedly) who has a copy of the video proving Rush tried to frame him.

Rush hasn't come off as a cookie cutter villain to me yet. I still see him as being someone very driven. He's not out to get anyone, he just doesn't like it when people get in his way. Another stereotype, maybe, but he makes an interesting foil for the other characters, it isn't a black and white situation, and he's not just another big bad of the week.

Not only that, but Young has leverage against Rush. He's the only one (supposedly) who has a copy of the video proving Rush tried to frame him.

Rush hasn't come off as a cookie cutter villain to me yet. I still see him as being someone very driven. He's not out to get anyone, he just doesn't like it when people get in his way. Another stereotype, maybe, but he makes an interesting foil for the other characters, it isn't a black and white situation, and he's not just another big bad of the week.

maybe before but the show has taken great lengths to show how he's a coward and this latest bit of mustache twirling villainous machinations isn't really helping. But whatever, Stargate has always had one dimensional villains.

maybe before but the show has taken great lengths to show how he's a coward and this latest bit of mustache twirling villainous machinations isn't really helping. But whatever, Stargate has always had one dimensional villains.

Not so much a coward as very Machiavellian in his personality. He's not afraid to go off-world, wasn't afraid to dive into an unknown 9th Chevron, and wasn't afraid to do his best to remove the main obsticle in his path (Young). Everything he does, bar none, is to his benefit. As soon as Young was replaced he got carte blanche to study the Chair, which had been his driving goal over the last two or three episodes.

But I will agree that he was more interesting when he did obvious things to benefit the ship and crew, such as driving Telford off in a masterful stroke of Magnificent Bastard-dom ^_^ Also, I want to see what this will do to his character, since the PTBs have stated that this show is quite seralized in nature and I want to know how Rush felt being on the receiving end of someone else's plots.

Not so much a coward as very Machiavellian in his personality. He's not afraid to go off-world, wasn't afraid to dive into an unknown 9th Chevron, and wasn't afraid to do his best to remove the main obsticle in his path (Young). Everything he does, bar none, is to his benefit. As soon as Young was replaced he got carte blanche to study the Chair, which had been his driving goal over the last two or three episodes.

But I will agree that he was more interesting when he did obvious things to benefit the ship and crew, such as driving Telford off in a masterful stroke of Magnificent Bastard-dom ^_^ Also, I want to see what this will do to his character, since the PTBs have stated that this show is quite seralized in nature and I want to know how Rush felt being on the receiving end of someone else's plots.

True, but what the writers have made clear, by bringing it up 3 times and punctuating it with coma dude is that Rush *knows* his life may be at risk, he won't take the plunge. And to be clear, Rush has had permission to sit in the chair, he only wanted Young gone so he could manipulate some poor schlub into testing it out for him.

Rush is one of those "at all costs" or " the ends justify the means" stereotypical characters. They've tried to show the viewers he's still human with the likes of that movie quote he made and his addiction to caffeine for instance but in reality he is as massive a coward as he is those other things.

Young gave Rush a chance in the end. He was trying to allow him to save face by not showing the whole kinoe video to the crew and after cronfronting him was willing to move on, but instead Rush further threatened him by saying "it'll never be over" Plus I think Rush was even more pissed off becasue he claims that Young doesn't have the balls to do what is nessessary but Young was proven right about the chair. I think deep down Rush may possibly respect Young for having the balls to strand him in the first place.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Young gave Rush a chance in the end. He was trying to allow him to save face by not showing the whole kinoe video to the crew and after cronfronting him was willing to move on, but instead Rush further threatened him by saying "it'll never be over" Plus I think Rush was even more pissed off becasue he claims that Young doesn't have the balls to do what is nessessary but Young was proven right about the chair. I think deep down Rush may possibly respect Young for having the balls to strand him in the first place.

Chris

I think they both respect each other for what they bring to the table/ship. Such as in Light when Rush told Young, "Now would be a good time to fix this problem." And then Young did so and the problem got fixed in record time.

I think more than anything else, I'd like to see a sort of us-versus-them mentality take hold on the ship. When left to their own devices, they all engage in their petty scheming and philandering. But when an outsider comes in and threatens them, they band together and kick ass. Ah, that would be the life :)

Rush is one of those "at all costs" or " the ends justify the means" stereotypical characters. They've tried to show the viewers he's still human with the likes of that movie quote he made and his addiction to caffeine for instance but in reality he is as massive a coward as he is those other things.

I don't think coward is the right word. Like others have noted, he's not afraid to take a plunge when it's the only way to get to what he wants. He chose to go through a gate into the unknown. He wanted to stay with the ship in "Light" when the safest bet was get on the shuttle. He has debated or foiled most attempts to get home safe and sound. I don't see him as a coward, just a man with a mission that he intends to see through, and everything else is a distraction.

He also jumped through the unstable gate in the time travel episode but he did that to avoid his fear of an entirely different scenario.

In light it's inferred he knew there was never any real danger.

You can pull examples to justify going either way I suppose.

He also jumped through the unstable gate in the time travel episode but he did that to avoid his fear of an entirely different scenario.

In light it's inferred he knew there was never any real danger.

You can pull examples to justify going either way I suppose.

Are you saying Rush knew that the Worm Hole was doing the Time Sling shot thing in the first Keno?

I wonder if Rush will hot wire the Crashed Ship and catch up with destiny.

Maybe instead of hot wiring the ship he will meet the occupants who sleep in their ship during the day and explore at night. After all Rush was having all this excited talk about how they should try to meet and trade with alien races.

Also consider that the Odyssey seems to have no form of Iris, its only form of security apparently is that its traveling all the time and no outsider should know its Stargate address. Since Rush knows the Stargate address of the Odyssey and probably the Star map of where Odyssey is heading by heart I believe its possible that he might be able to simply leap frog across Stargates to get in range of the Odyssey and then dial the Odyssey.

The hot wiring/stealing alien ships have been done countless times. I would rather see the shock on everyone's face aboard the Odyssey when and if Rush gates in with an alien astronaut suit to say he is back. Perhaps it will be a suit that is similar in nature to that nearly indestructible Asgard power armor and he will try taking over the ship by force until it runs out of juice or something.

I take it you mean the Destiny not Odyssey.

Not really spoilerish but if you don't want to now anything the discription for the last 3 episodes of the season are

Alien intruders board the Destiny. Maybe they have something to do with the ship Rush is stranded with.

Chris

• 3 months later...

Man... how lousy was that episode. It was just a lame way to get Rush back on board. They tacked on a cliffhanger that they had no idea how to solve. I wish they would have made use of Rush's time off the ship and then come back with vengeance in hand... Lame!

The mystery of that pod thing is solved. It's those aliens.

Why do get the feeling those two idiots back at Air who were left behind were taken also?

Still it doesn't answer how Young managed to switch with the alien. They must have a communication stone as well.

Boy those Ancients leave stuff all over.

I do wonder if they'll ever catch up with one of the gate seeder ships.

I liked it too. So what was Eli showing Young at the end...was it the keno video of Ming Na with the other civies from earlier or was it when she was talking to Rush at the end?

Chris

The space battle fx really sucked imo. Literally, yellow bolt of energy accompanied by a pew pew pew >_> . Anyways, I actually wish they dragged on Rush's return at least for a few episodes. That was just the most predictable way of handling the return. As a formidable foe, the aliens suck... as one of them got ownd by Rush of all people, and probably in a weakened state - yay Homo sapiens.

The mystery of that pod thing is solved. It's those aliens.

Still it doesn't answer how Young managed to switch with the alien. They must have a communication stone as well.

The Aliens have a system for transmitting thoughts via a wireless network from individuals on the ship that why when Rush gave the Telepathic transmitter to Young it disrupted the link to the stones when he put it on that is what caused the bleed through with the stones.

Edited by miles316

Really liked this episode. I'm glad Rush came back. Turning him into some seething, hell-bent revenge villian, ala Wrath Of Khan, was going to turn out as an obvious and way predictible plot device in my book.

Like the aliens also. Very un-human in all aspects except they are bipedal and apparently breath oxygen, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

Usually, sci-fi aliens kick the crap out of humans when they first meet and then humans win eventually with cliches like hope, love, humanity, etc; now, it seems, the aliens might be the ones getting their butts kicked and then coming back later to kick some butt with things like unity, organization, collusion, etc... All the things the humans apparently lack...

I liked that the Destiny weapons were uber-powerful too. That main cannon is huge!

I've only seen a couple of the episodes, but have caught that one and most of the last one. Cynical comment:

Chloe basically admitted she's worthless as a crew member, when she volunteered/explained that she should "host" the doctor at the end of the latest ep. They should make that permanent, or at least try it out for a week or something. The doctor uses Chloe's body and does a bunch of operations (surely there's at least a few minor repairs needing to be done now, with all the fights), while Chloe uses the doctor's body to sit and talk to her mom (which is all she's ever done with her other uses of the stones). :p