well for one, Caprica my have been promising in concept but it was absolute crap all the way through it's run. SGU on the other hand has been getting watchable in it's last few episodes but I'm actually glad to see it get canned. SGU still has by far the weakest core cast of any stargate iteration, and while the current story arc has made for a few good episodes the fact that the central conflict is a bunch of nameless faceless robots with no personality or back story is getting really old, really fast.

also Caprica is still crap. :p

I wasn't a big fan of the original BSG and I'm not a big fan of Stargate in the first place. But I'm starting to find the TV sci-fi more interesting than their movie counterparts. Overall I'd agree with you that both these shows are not that good, but SGU is starting to show elements that I'm starting to like and Caprica was good on it's own but never gelled with the Ron Moore's BSG. But I'd watch Zoe Graystone with swords over SuckerPunch anyday.

I kept expecting their descendent's to be responsible for the creation of the Drones.

Me, too. Hopefully the next (last! :( ) episode will provide some hints to the origins of the drones.

Otherwise, characterization wise, it was a good episode, with the mystery of "Pittsburgh" in the middle parts and the drones on search-and-destroy adding interesting dimensions to it.

I think what I've found most interesting (in the sense of observing the series, not in-universe events) is that the pace of the past few episodes has increased to a level approaching that of SG1 & SGA. A good example is the survivors being returned to the colony planet off screen. Earlier in season II, and pretty much any time in season I, the show would've spent the good chunk of an episode about that. It's truly a shame that just as the show finds itself, it's over.

Ah well, at least we got to see the stargate in action one more time. Hopefully the last episode will see them using the 'gate, too.

The drones make a rather unremarkable final boss for this series, which is how it looks like it's turning out.

I'm pretty sure it was not meant to be that way, the series writers probably got word the show was getting axed after at least 75% of this season's episodes were already shot, much less written.

Most likely all the had time for was to write a finale into the "last" episode. (Anyone know if they even had that much time, or was the show cancelled after things had already been written and shot?)

I'm pretty sure it was not meant to be that way, the series writers probably got word the show was getting axed after at least 75% of this season's episodes were already shot, much less written.

Most likely all the had time for was to write a finale into the "last" episode. (Anyone know if they even had that much time, or was the show cancelled after things had already been written and shot?)

From what I have gleaned, the show was cancelled AFTER filming of the last episode was completed.

Ergo: no chance for the writers to come up with a conclusion. This doesn't preclude a conclusion having been created and added during post production. But I doubt that, as post production was completed a long time ago, back when it looked like an SGU movie was going to be created to properly conclude things.

Bravo! Pretty good!

I think Eli makes it, because it seems like this was done with the movie in mind before they found out there wasn't going to be one. It's a perfect jumping off point.

f*ck man, I am royally pissed off about this show being cancelled. There was way too much potential left in this show. Maybe they will find a way to get a movie done hopefully, they did leave it open.

Edited by Loop

S02E20

Good stuff. Bittersweet, lots of nostalgia. A little light on character development at times, but a decent amount of action, and provides effective closure.

I was fearing that it would be a cliffhanger like the end of season 1 or the end of the 1st half of season 2. Glad that it's not, and that it actually tried to wrap up a couple of story/character arcs.

During the final frames of the episode, "... and this is where we came in" came to mind.

Does Eli fix the stasis pod? Unknown, but it's a given that he survives. For the simple reason that he's the eyes that the viewer sees the show through. They can't kill him off.

I see three possible outcomes:

1) fixes the pod and the show jumps ahead 3 years

2) can't fix the pod, but something comes up on sensors or whatever, and everyone gets woken up and the show resumes from there

3) Eli restores access to Ginn and Amanda Perry and the help fix the stasis pod after an episode's worth of hi-jinks, then #1 happens.

But that's just me.

Anyone else felt like Tamara Johansen and Lisa Park would end up being digitized into Destiny, along with Ginn and Amanda Perry?

Saw it yesterday, made a decent mid-season cliffhanger and a lousy series finale. A little esposition (like Caprica got) would have been nice.

A wrap-up TV movie would be nice for this show, probably not a chance in hades of it happening, but it would be nice.

It's sort of a cliffhanger, but yeah, not so much. I'd imagine the seaon 3 opener to jump 3 years later with everyone waking up. They find Eli's pod to be empty even though it's been made fully operational. But that's entering fan fiction territory. I'm sorry to see the series go but I'm not as butthurt as when they cancelled Firefly.

• 1 year later...