because Richard Dean Anderson is a badass who can do anything with a turkey baster and a piece of string. Young is a piece of sh*t like everything else in this show.

god dammit Scifi channel, stop ruining Stargatee with your terrible BSG wannabe Voyager knock off. :(

You forgot pocket knife,bubble gum and manure.

Young is one of the stupidest military personnel I think I have ever seen in a series.

I think the series should just end already.

Young doesn't work because people don't respond to him in a realistic manner. When he was telling Tellford that the crew wouldn't follow him, I had to laugh. At this point I'd be willing to take orders from a can of refried beans.

The problem with the show is that the SG has always been a plot centric, episodic show. Now they're trying to be character driven but it's clear that either the writers don't know what they're doing or the producers don't have the nerve to go all the way.

The problem with the show is that the SG has always been a plot centric, episodic show. Now they're trying to be character driven but it's clear that either the writers don't know what they're doing or the producers don't have the nerve to go all the way.

I think this sums things up perfectly. Which begs the question: why'd they try and fix what wasn't broken? SG-1 ran for 10 seasons. Think about that for a moment. Wherein does it suggest that the style of the show was unsuccessful?

Compare that to (new) BSG: 4 seasons. Even SGA had a longer run! (Now, before you say that BSG was more popular/in the mass media/caused changes in entertainment, keep in mind my point: it's not about BSG per se, but that SG1/SGA had a successful formula that produced 15 seasons of episodes.)

Edited by sketchley

I think this sums things up perfectly. Which begs the question: why'd they try and fix what wasn't broken? SG-1 ran for 10 seasons. Think about that for a moment. Wherein does it suggest that the style of the show was unsuccessful?

Compare that to (new) BSG: 4 seasons. Even SGA had a longer run! (Now, before you say that BSG was more popular/in the mass media/caused changes in entertainment, keep in mind my point: it's not about BSG per se, but that SG1/SGA had a successful formula that produced 15 seasons of episodes.)

I thought the bsg creators didn't want to go beyond 4 seasons?

And I'm really getting annoyed with how characters don't act in a manner consistent with themselves

Yes, there is absolutely no consistency in the crew's behavior imo. Well.. Eli is mostly consistent I suppose but he's the exception really. Everyone just comes off as really petty and contrary just to be contrary if that makes any sense.

Hmmm... given the lack of posting (myself included), I think we're all in agreement that this past episode (S02E03) was good.

Personally, I liked it quite a bit. Lot's of juicy, interesting stuff to ponder (both the Ancients past actions, and the present (and future!) actions of the crew.)

I think the only complaint I have is that the music is not as "visible" as it was earlier in the series.

Yes, this episode was a welcome return to the awesome. I found 2x01 to be less than I wanted, but x02 and x03 have reaffirmed my love for this show. After spending the first season treating Telford like the utter tool he was, his second season personality is a wonderful breath of fresh air. Also amusing is watching him interact with Young, who for the first time has to deal with a military person of his own rank. Young is tettering on the edge of a total psycological collapse and I'm quite interested in how far the writers take this. Also quite interesting is Rush and his finding of the bridge; how long will he be able to keep this a secret and how will Young react when he finds out? (I suspect fisticuffs will be involved).

Hmmm... given the lack of posting (myself included), I think we're all in agreement that this past episode (S02E03) was good.

I just don't want to post a lot of negative comments :lol:

This last episode was tolerable but not great but hopefully will lead to a less whiny Eli . Things certainly seem to be heading for another meltdown on multiple fronts thanks mostly to Rush which could be interesting...

Young is tettering on the edge of a total psycological collapse and I'm quite interested in how far the writers take this. Also quite interesting is Rush and his finding of the bridge; how long will he be able to keep this a secret and how will Young react when he finds out? (I suspect fisticuffs will be involved).

Not just Young, Rush, too. I really like how they're playing on Rush's suspicion (paranoia) and Young's actions reinforcing those suspicions.

Just saw episode 4, holy moly, it was great, finally an episode i loved. Finally, no casualties, and a great suspense to boot!!!

Agreed. Great stuff. An episode that makes me want to fast forward to next week.

I just don't want to post a lot of negative comments :lol:

:lol: Understandable.

This last episode was tolerable but not great but hopefully will lead to a less whiny Eli . Things certainly seem to be heading for another meltdown on multiple fronts thanks mostly to Rush which could be interesting...

Though I disagree with the tolerable part, I fully agree with the hope that Eli will experience much growth and maturity. Getting his mom and Camile's girlfriend to form a "stones communicator anonymous" is a large step in that direction. One that I didn't see coming (when the gf walked in, I thought it was for some sabotage on Camile.)

Anyhow, I'm looking forward for the melt down, especially with the revelation of how far gone Rush is. (Writing on the walls? Not sleeping? Is he also infected by the alien DNA?)

Re: S02E05

Hmmm... I think this is the first episode of the series that had me chuckling on a number of occasions. It also had (and still has) me scratching my head over what happened.

In the end, I think this is an episode that highlights what Eugimon pointed out earlier: is it episodic or character driven? This episode is definitely the former.

Nevertheless, it was great to see the cast cleaned up and normal looking. Especially Lou Diamond Philips.

Funniest part of the episode? The extended focusing on the MGM logo in the movie theatre. Surreal comedy.

Now the main question on my mind is: was the episode filmed in Cloverdale in Surrey? It sure looked that way, especially with the one shot down the main street with what looked like Grouse Mountain in the background.

Re SO2E06

Goody, an episode that got me excited about what's coming up in the series. It was a mix of good (loved the comedy. It's quite welcome. There were also some genuine surprises and interesting revisits to previous events - perhaps viewing them in a new light?) and blaurgh (this episode, too, is episodic (as in the "crisis" of the episode is resolved in the episode) and pretty much reset (reverted?) to the series base as of the start of the 2nd season (ie nothing changed, characters have been restored to their baseline, and the characters know as much as the audience).

*SPOILER*

Anyhow, IMHO, the most interesting part is the revelation that the ship is reading their minds and implanting "dreams" into their heads. It's made me take a second look at the fate of Tamara's baby. No deus ex machina, but only the ship operating to protect it's human passengers? Though it begs the question: did Destiny itself create the planet that some of the civilians stayed behind on? Anyhow, the series has got me thinking that the ship was designed as a means for the Ancients to ascend. But perhaps not as fully or completely as later Ancients achieved. But that's just me.)

Personally, I'm glad Young has finally hit rock bottom and is starting to pick himself up again. I know these are long and drawn-out in real life, but after two or three episodes of this it was getting a little tedeous. I enjoyed how the whole crew seemed to perk up as he came back to the job, like an old knight reclaiming his sword.

I gotta wonder about TJ, though. Normally she's the most well-adjusted and considerate person on that ship and she chose right when Young was at the bottom of his pit of dispair, of all times, to drop her bombshell on Young? *dopeslap!* What were you thinking, girl!?

I always like SGU

and every episode thus far has been good and better at times. I think maybe the ship could be evil? Its a stretch but it could be. The ship was obviously designed for humanoids with an average height of 6 feet. Control systems easy to figure out and lavatories meant for easy pooping! And the ship implanting or manipulating desires and actions. If Young wasnt meant to be the captain it surely could have chosen one but instead its creating conflict. The episode reminded me of Event Horizon. Pretty Soon they will find a vid of the crew cannibalizing and fornicating

Good stuff. Probably the most interesting is that it creates a change in the status quo. The revelation of Destiny's... destiny, is also intriguing. It also paints the theme that the series keeps espousing in new light (belief for a lack of better word.)

I'm also looking forward to next episode. Hopefully it won't be a let down like the previous episodes that I was looking forward ended up being.

Indeed, this episode is a total game-changer. Right from Day 1 of Colonel Young's Flying Entrance he has had it in for Rush, blaming him (correctly) for their predicament. Now it seems like Rush is burying the hatchet and is sincere in his attempt to work with the Colonel for the "greater good". How Young deals with this will really prove what kind of character he has, prove if he's capable of looking past his own opinions and characterisations of someone else.

That being said, I'm not totally sold on last night's revelation. It seems far too Contact-y for my taste. Seeing Desinty attempt a three-point turn was hilarious, though :)

Ginn is dead!! Did T-Bag (forgot his name)kill her and the Scientist she was connected with, or did the Scientist Die from her Illness, and took Ginn with her? If one person dies while connected with the stones dies the other one dies like Vala when the Ori burned her at the stake?

On the last episode, Malice, I thought Rush and Scott were really great it in. I think i am really liking more and more "Scott"'s character, both in this episode and in the previous one with his nice speech to the captain (heck, it even got me motivated). As for Rush, first time watching the episode, i thought maybe he should have waited to shoot at the end...second time around though, putting myself in his position....cant really blame him, it's a harder call then i originally thought, i might have very well done the same to be quiete honnest, and so might most of us...liked the music at the end.

Good episode; in the sense that it gave everyone something to do. ;) I also like how they've given the show a memory in the past few episodes.

And yes, any episode with a Stargate woosh and a stampede is a good one.

Anyhow, the more I hear about the Destiny's mission, the more I'm reminded of "Men in Black". What with the galaxy being in side a marble; unfathomably huge aliens playing with a marble containing our own galaxy, and madness inducing thoughts like that.

Edited by sketchley

Wow. I'm getting the impression that the people behind SGU are mind-readers. As in the past few episodes, I've had a question spawned by the series, not directly related to the plot of a particular episode, answered in a subsequent episode. In this case (Season 2 #09), I was thinking, "well, now that they can control where the ship goes, what's stopping them from going back to pick up the civilians who got off the ship on that planet with the obelisk?" Boom, question answered.

Anyhow, some really challenging subjects are brought up in the episode, and the show does a decent job tackling them. I wonder if this reminder of the theme of the series is to prepare us for an all plot episode 10?

Liked the ep much more than I thought I would, but they really need to hurry up with Chloe--mutate her all the way already or whatever, stop wasting the audience/actresses's time with 400 scenes of her sitting in her room, doodling equations, and being visited once per ep.

Liked the ep much more than I thought I would, but they really need to hurry up with Chloe--mutate her all the way already or whatever, stop wasting the audience/actresses's time with 400 scenes of her sitting in her room, doodling equations, and being visited once per ep.

Yes

I would like her to mutate fully like in District 9 and become a permanent member of the crew in that state. !

I'm glad they're not going in the mutated direction. It's been done before in Atlantis, and even in SG-1. I much prefer the more subtle way they're doing it in this show, though I do agree that it's taking too long.

That being said, her meeting with Greer in last night's episode was awesome. Very tense, very touching, very difficult to watch without empathising for both characters. This is what SGA should have been and is far superior to that show.

If that promo pic is for the next episode, then it answers one of my other questions (what's stopping them from turning around to pick up <insert name of character who left the ship in earlier episodes that hasn't been killed off>?)