• 2 months later...

S02.E11

Definitely a good payoff to the buildup of the last episode/half a season. How come the back half of this series's seasons start better than the first half? There are some great plot twists, that, despite having re-watched the preceding episode less than a week ago, I wasn't expecting. Recommended.

what can i say, it feels like a curse.... I loved this stargate more than any other show, and thoughed it was the best thing on tv. Now i had to find new shows to watch, but definetly NOT on SiF, and now watching V, Mad Love, The Big Bang Theory, the Avengers and Transformers, but other than V, there is simply no science fiction series i was able to find.

It's about damn time Chloe got that space splooge off her nice supple breastsses... And seriously, can't they return her naked? Since when do aliens start caring about modesty? E.T., Close Encounters, xenomorphs, girl from that timeless classic "LifeForce". I never knew 80's aliens were such hippies.

what can i say, it feels like a curse.... I loved this stargate more than any other show, and thoughed it was the best thing on tv. Now i had to find new shows to watch, but definetly NOT on SiF, and now watching V, Mad Love, The Big Bang Theory, the Avengers and Transformers, but other than V, there is simply no science fiction series i was able to find.

Actually there's plenty, we're just hiding it from you because of said CURSE. The rest of us still get the classic SciFi channel,(not that decoy channel Syfy), where there are new episodes of BSG and Firefly still being aired. Sorry dude.

Those new BSG episodes suck though. Pretty much just wandering around, making huts.

Ugh. Eugimon. Stop beating that dead horse already. As I told you on this thread

http://www.scifi.com/secret/no-arthurius/forums/BSG2011/topic=90290

They're not huts! They're soft micro-bungalows. And when you speed zoom from the District 9esque New New New New New New New New Caprica cityscape to inside one of the tiny windows, it signifies the inner conflict that can get lost within the bigger picture. Ron Moore said so on his post-show podcast.

I can't wait for the Zack Snyder episode of the Pyramid games finale!

Ugh. Eugimon. Stop beating that dead horse already. As I told you on this thread

http://www.scifi.com/secret/no-arthurius/forums/BSG2011/topic=90290

oh please, and next you're going to tell me how the little arrowheads they made in the flint knapping episode are supposed to signify how the technology is actually some sort of psychological virus and their desire to fly vipers is being made manifest in their bows and arrows... they're just ARROWS!

Moving back to SGU talk, please and thank you.

Looking forward to the upcoming episode with some of the cast from SGA.

Any thoughts on the following two articles about the fate of SGU?:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/sgu-writers-hoping-for-movies/

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/robert-carlyle-cast-in-abc-fantasy-pilot/

Which is a pity, since I consider SGU to be miles ahead of SGA. Atlantis started off strong but soon fell in love with the Big Red Reset Button and the devolved into a farsical slapstick comedy. SGU had me right from the cold opening of the first episode, and as soon as the sex scene aired in that first episode I knew we were in for a different ride than what had come before.

Sadly, it falls on the sword of Syfy.

If there's going to be Stargate movie in the near future, an SGU movie is the most likely. It's the only one that has the sets already built, and the production staff still relatively tied into the series (of course, as time passes, more and more of the creative staff (both in front and behind the camera) are drifting away).

I agree about SGA and the silly red reset button. Sure, it didn't do well in the North American market, but from what I've read, it did really, really well in Europe, possibly elsewhere. In the end, though SGA wasn't bad, it wasn't great, either. And all the cast changes ended up hurting more than helping, IMHO.

I sincerely hope that we do get a conclusion to the SGU story - be that a webisode, direct to DVD movie or whatever. Even a rushed ending like what was done with SGA would be better than ending on a cliffhanger (which is what everything I've read is pointing at.)

I'm curious about all the Stargate shows. When they first aired ST my brother and me really enjoyed it. Think I saw two seasons. Years latter I saw some loose episodes but I think that the lineup had changed of something.

A few months ago I saw the first episode of Atlantis but it was full of new people.

So, is the first generation the way to go? Can I see this new SGU now and follow it whithout much trouble?

I think that most people will agree that SG1 (the first series) is the best one. However, keep in mind that it's 10 seasons.

Knowledge about SG1 will help, but it isn't necessary to watch SGU. That's probably one of the better features of SGU - one doesn't need prior knowledge of either SG1 or SGA to get into it.

S02E12

Grrrrrreat. Bizarre, truly "out there", but also fun, and lots of stuff to smile and laugh at. I'd say this one catches the mood of both SG1/SGA and SGU quite well.

There's lots of stuff going on in this episode, and pretty much everyone (main & minor characters) are given something to do. Recommended.

I understand Telford getting sent 12 hours into the future I wonder if the crew got sent in to the far future like SG-1.

How did future Rush and Future Destiny get sent hours into the past they never explained that it just seems like a massive plot hole.

I could have accepted Rush using the gate to go back in time to warn them, but how did the ship itself I know it was necessary to get Destiny the parts it needed.

Edited by miles316

They did explain it. Something about the wormhole going through a solar flare while the 9th chevron was activated while the ship was in the middle of a star caused the entire ship to go back to the past.

Telford was sent 12 hours into the past...

They did explain it. Something about the wormhole going through a solar flare while the 9th chevron was activated while the ship was in the middle of a star caused the entire ship to go back to the past.

Telford was sent 12 hours into the past...

Must have not been paying attention when Rush was explaining it the first time it was on.

That part did come fast, and wasn't dwelt on for very long.

For a long time I thought that the future Rush and Destiny would disappear because the events leading up to their appearance had changed. However, some time after the end of the episode, I realized that the 1st season episode that dealt with time travel had set a precedent and there's no chance of any of these future versions from disappearing.

Of course, now we get

a dead present Telford and next week, a living future Telford. And did the future Rush get absorbed by the Destiny? If so, did the future Destiny transmit him to the past Destiny, and will he play a role in future episodes? Does any of this matter as it looks like the series won't be continuing after the 40th episode???

What is the point of having a weapon of mass destruction if you have to park it on the roof of your target.

They could have had the thing on the other side of the Potomac, or in the parking lot I'm assuming "Home World Command" is in the Pentagon.

Why would they waste Naquadria when regular Naquida would be just as effective.

That is point blank range parking your delivery vehicle on you target.

Edited by miles316

What is the point of having a weapon of mass destruction if you have to park it on the roof of your target.

They could have had the thing on the other side of the Potomac, or in the parking lot I'm assuming "Home World Command" is in the Pentagon.

Why would they waste Naquadria when regular Naquida would be just as effective.

That is point blank range parking your delivery vehicle on you target.

'cuz otherwise there would be no episode.

Within the story, one could guess that it's bravado on the part of the Lucian Alliance (we sneaked past the defences, landed a ship on their command centre, walked away, then blew it up real good). Or maybe they just don't have missiles/bombs and can't risk using the rings to transport it, as their target could just as easily ring it back to them.

I'm going to give this episode a "good" rating. It didn't really advance the overall story in the end. And that's despite resolving one of the story arcs over the preceding 12 episodes; and I'm a bit underwhelmed by that resolution - too little, too late?

Anyhow, I'm wondering how many more episodes Lou Diamond Philips will appear in before his character disappears again until the season (series?) final. ... and if they'll ever properly address the time travel hi-jinks (like, dude, your a dude who's from the future that travelled back in the past. You're like 18 hours ahead of everyone else!)

Quick question, in the scene where Rush is looking for his ten volunteers to stay behind, it sounds like he said they were only a year away from the signal, is that correct or did I hear it wrong?

S02E14

Just finished watching it. This one is an excellent episode - one where everyone has something important to do, and there is a lot of character. AND a couple of truly unexpected twists (no, I didn't watch any of the previews). It's definitely a grade above last week's episode.

Funny thing is, they resolve last week's plot leftovers, and it barely registers. Nevertheless, the rest of it is good solid stuff with a lot of exploration of the ship - something that's kinda been neglected over the past half a season or thereabouts.

S02E14

Just finished watching it. This one is an excellent episode - one where everyone has something important to do, and there is a lot of character. AND a couple of truly unexpected twists (no, I didn't watch any of the previews). It's definitely a grade above last week's episode.

Funny thing is, they resolve last week's plot leftovers, and it barely registers. Nevertheless, the rest of it is good solid stuff with a lot of exploration of the ship - something that's kinda been neglected over the past half a season or thereabouts.

Was Vulker the one who threw up while Greer was putting them through calisthenics if he was did Greer do that out of guilt thinking he made him sick?

Will young allow Greer to go on missions with only one Kidney.

Was Vulker the one who threw up while Greer was putting them through calisthenics if he was did Greer do that out of guilt thinking he made him sick?

I think that was Dr. Jeremy Franklin.

Will young allow Greer to go on missions with only one Kidney.

I think the infection will be a bigger arc. Don't see any other reasons to put Greer on the sidelines because of the one kidney.

Episode was really good. Pity the series finds itself at the end of it's run. Or pity that Syfy cancels shows before they get their speed up.

Awkward having Rush, Lt. Scott and Eli all looking at Chloe like "Yum!" I thought they were about to pull the devil's foursome.